1.    #1  
    Every since I got an ipad I find it increasingly more difficult to surf the web on my Pre because of huge ipad screen. I always thought the Pre screen was a bit smaller than I'd like, but it was a good balance for readibility and pocket size.
    Might need some new reading glasses before long.

The Pre has one big advantage over the ipad.. have you every tried to cram an ipad into your front pocket? It's very painful!
    The problem with the iPad for me is that it is only slightly more portable than a laptop.

To me there are two types of "portable": pocket or backpack/sleeve. I prefer pocket. And since it is pocket for me that is why I prefer the Pre over the iPhone/Incredible/ EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    The Pre has one big advantage over the ipad.. have you every tried to cram an ipad into your front pocket? It's very painful!
    This is why I have zero interest in an iPad. If I want a larger portable computer, then I'll use my laptop (much bigger screen and no compromises). The e-book usage is also not a valid use too me, as if I wanted a device around that size to read books I would get an e-ink based model...much, much more easy on the eyes and generally cheaper.

Personally, I find the Pre's screen to be fine. I just zoom in to a comfortable reading level when browsing. It could stand to be about another half inch or so larger, but I like the current level of pocket-ability. Just a few more reasons why no one device is perfect for everyone.