Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    !
    I saw them, it looks hot. Especially the gaming. MS looks like they might have a winner here.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Did you see that HUGE ugly camera lens on the back? Hardware could look better. But the camera zoom feature looked pretty sweet. I like the animations of the interface. Just not crazy about that color scheme and the big square icons. Definitely going to crowd the smartphone market a bit more though. Thanks for the link
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    mhmm fast, sexy, nice hardware and xbox live ya peace slowOS err I mean webos nice knowing ya...

The big boys are about to drop bombs all over the place and palm's got what?? That's right naft...
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    why does it always seem like these guys demoing the device have no idea how to really use the phone. I dont know how many videos I watched about the pre and saw so many missed swipes and taps I was thinking either that guy doesn't know how to use the phone very well or the touch screen on the pre just plain sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    mhmm fast, sexy, nice hardware and xbox live ya peace slowOS err I mean webos nice knowing ya...

The big boys are about to drop bombs all over the place and palm's got what?? That's right naft...
    don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    No worries if the webos door swings as slow as it runs I can take a nap on the way out and still beat the door... But thanks for you concern
    IDK, looks nice. Only issue I have with it is the layout seems to be more "artsy" like a Picasso OS than a well structured, organized OS. We'll see once people have time to use it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK, looks nice. Only issue I have with it is the layout seems to be more "artsy" like a Picasso OS than a well structured, organized OS. We'll see once people have time to use it though.
    It seems archaic to me for some reason.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The OS seems so crowded and it looks so complicated. I'm not impressed. I've been a former WinMo user by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    The OS seems so crowded and it looks so complicated. I'm not impressed. I've been a former WinMo user by the way.
    i like the spb mobile shell that was offered on previous platforms. I also liked the touchflo 3d and HTC sense implementations on winmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    It seems archaic to me for some reason.
    Think of it as Steampunk.

Quote Originally Posted by jewel
    Since the Android interface is essentially fully under the user's control out-of-the-box, it's a fairly straightforward matter to make it look/function the way you want it to.
    lmfao @HELIDOS!! Great comeback man!! Dam that made my stomach hur hahahah
    that OS doesn't look finished to me...everything was off center and annoying looking. Besides gaming, it's a capital L...for loser.
    I'm impressed!!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    That has to the FUGLIEST OS i've ever witnessed potrayed on a phone.. this coming from a guy who has a Windows tattoo on his rear. What the hell were they thinking? Dam if HTC didn't give them a roadmap on how to make a user-friendly, visually appealing UI on their own winmo phones of the past.

I would go back to my HTC Touch on old winmo before using this interface. It is blocky, unaligned, devoid of seamless presentation, and shows Zero affinity to the one OS that is worth MS's accolades with Windows7.

What's are my improvements (so this isn't just a rant):
    1. Integrate the Win7 AeroFlip function into the phone OS for Multitasking.. Pure Genius - you can thank me later Microsoft.

2. Use the Win7 taskbar look to provide phone info/icons + realtime notifications similar to Palm Pre style.

3. Use haptic feedback not just to provide generic touch confirmation across the whole screen - but localize it so that buttons on the screen 'feel' like buttons on a screen. This might require multiple vibration components in zones with differing strengths.

4. Unless RIM has a locked patent on the thumbwheel - bring that s@#$ back with the same ability to press inward for action. The pure ease of use to cycle quickly and accurately through emails, contacts and webpages makes me wet my pants thinking about it.

Sheesh - I didn't even have to try hard to come up with those. Or better yet - just buy HTC and put them in charge of your Mobile Division and call it done.

~ embarrassed Windows user
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmays87 View Post
    lmfao @HELIDOS!! Great comeback man!! Dam that made my stomach hur hahahah
    Sadly, I need to agree with this. His comeback was perfect
    Looks so Twentieth Century, but what do you expect from Ballmer.
    I'm confused, maybe because I don't speak French...

first, what is with the giant piece of black gaff tape on the top of the screen? Is looks like the are really using a flip phone and have it taped shut. Or maybe holding the glass screen in place?

next, it seemed to look a lot like android and iphone in that navigation starts with hitting the home button. Did I see that right? Maybe if I spoke French they were explaining something different, but it seems like they always went to a home screen, and I don't recall seeing multiple apps running side by side. Did I miss it?

next, it seemed that animations were cool, but slow. Eye candy like the eyepad, but not snappy. I couldn't say for sure, but the scrolling seemed lagged or inaccurate.

most of all, why do people film 'hands on' with no concept of how to demo things? He opened a message and keyboard. Didn't actually type anything to test ease or accuracy.

opened menus to office, but never showed an app. Opened the calendar but didn't create an appointment. Calendar looked cool, too bad they didn't show it.

I'm sure things will be snappier on production hardware, so slow animations/scrolling can be overlooked.

to me it reminded me of early Windows(tm). They copied Apple visuals, but missed the 'soul' that connected with the user. In this case it felt like android meets ipad. And I wonder how this will fit in with the UI being used on the KIN phones. What OS sits under the KIN that VZ just launched?

MS never gives up, so I'm sure this will eventually be cool. But that video didn't grab me.

but thanks for posting this. It was very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    No worries if the webos door swings as slow as it runs I can take a nap on the way out and still beat the door... But thanks for you concern
    fortunately the 'webOS door' is running uberkernel at 800mhz, so it will close behind you pretty quickly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast