Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    everybody on the band wagon.. The only thing pre beats iphone is in multitasking. Lets face it if we didn't have patches and went up against iphone we would be nothing.stock pre against stock iphone yeah rite the pre is still slow even with 70+ patches.this is just a feel good thread to make you all feel good about our crappy pre's.u all still talkin iphone pre match up while samsung and droids slidin rite in what about those two. Wake up man stop being a clone for pre this phone is not that great it's slow,buggy,batt life sucks ,screen is too small and half the stuff on the phone doesn't work.
    That's not the case at all for me. I've been using the iPad for a week now (my girlfriend won it at work). I will tell the truth...I enjoy using it. It's a much better form factor than I thought it would be. There have been a lot of times I have found the OS lacking compared to webOS though.

If there was a webs tablet and it had all the iOS apps, I would buy it before an iPad. Webos is a better OS, and it's not even close. For you to say "except for multitasking" is a ridiculous statement. The multitasking is the best feature about webos.

Multitasking
    Notifications
    Gesture area
    Multitasking again because it's such a huge diffeerence maker.

I absolutely cannot understand how anyone has used an iPhone before ios4. The absolute lack of multitasking is the stupidest thing ever. And saved state is not a fix either.

Those are the facts as far as my experience.
    most ppl don't care about multitasking or don't even understand it.notifications far as that goes you seen 1 you seen them all.and gesture area yeah it's cool but in the future every phone will have that like they do alread they jus call them touch compasitive buttons or what ever... What about the bugs and how slow our pre's are . And how we have to add patches to everything just to make the phone useable..
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    everybody on the band wagon.. The only thing pre beats iphone is in multitasking. Lets face it if we didn't have patches and went up against iphone we would be nothing.stock pre against stock iphone yeah rite the pre is still slow even with 70+ patches.this is just a feel good thread to make you all feel good about our crappy pre's.u all still talkin iphone pre match up while samsung and droids slidin rite in what about those two. Wake up man stop being a clone for pre this phone is not that great it's slow,buggy,batt life sucks ,screen is too small and half the stuff on the phone doesn't work.
    So if you apparently dislike the palm os so much, why do you own one?
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by EVOandBACK View Post
    That's not the case at all for me. I've been using the iPad for a week now (my girlfriend won it at work). I will tell the truth...I enjoy using it. It's a much better form factor than I thought it would be. There have been a lot of times I have found the OS lacking compared to webOS though.

If there was a webs tablet and it had all the iOS apps, I would buy it before an iPad. Webos is a better OS, and it's not even close. For you to say "except for multitasking" is a ridiculous statement. The multitasking is the best feature about webos.

Multitasking
    Notifications
    Gesture area
    Multitasking again because it's such a huge diffeerence maker.

I absolutely cannot understand how anyone has used an iPhone before ios4. The absolute lack of multitasking is the stupidest thing ever. And saved state is not a fix either.

Those are the facts as far as my experience.
    Before I owned a Pre I owned an iPhone for 2 years. The only time I recall wishing I had multitasking was when I was using a music app other than the native one (Pandora for example). Anything else really isn't necessary.

Notifications, yes.. WebOS wins hands down. However, I think I prefer Android's method as it doesn't use any screen real estate.

Gestures are cool, but not really necessary. I thought they were neat when I first started using them, but didn't miss them when I switched to Android.

As with anything, this is all purely subjective. iOS works for a lot of people, so well in fact that they've continued to buy a new iPhone every year for the past three years.
    most ppl don't care about multitasking or don't even understand it.notifications far as that goes you seen 1 you seen them all.and gesture area yeah it's cool but in the future every phone will have that like they do alread they jus call them touch compasitive buttons or what ever... What about the bugs and how slow our pre's are . And how we have to add patches to everything just to make the phone useable..
    I don't know about ur pre, but mine isn't slow at all. mine is snappy and quick...maybe you got a bad one. just because people don't understand multitasking doesn't mean it isn't etter. I've been using a ipad for a week and it kills me to not have multitasking. maybe you aren't a power user like I am. for you to say all notifications are the same is crazy. I'm already sick of getting 5 popups with the ipad when I come back to it. webos is elegant. I would say two-thirds buy an iphone cus they think it's cool, not for functionality. don't bring your hate in here. I gave ios where it deserves crdit. if you can't do the same, then you probably own an iphone. palm will lead the way, and apple will follow as usual.
    palm will lead the way and apple will follow LOL.... Listen to what ur sayn and think about the present time.... You crack me up

I don't know about ur pre, but mine isn't slow at all. mine is snappy and quick...maybe you got a bad one. just because people don't understand multitasking doesn't mean it isn't etter. I've been using a ipad for a week and it kills me to not have multitasking. maybe you aren't a power user like I am. for you to say all notifications are the same is crazy. I'm already sick of getting 5 popups with the ipad when I come back to it. webos is elegant. I would say two-thirds buy an iphone cus they think it's cool, not for functionality. don't bring your hate in here. I gave ios where it deserves crdit. if you can't do the same, then you probably own an iphone. palm will lead the way, and apple will follow as usual.
    WebOS for me is a hands down winner over any current OS in the stream. I have tried the iPhone, the various Androids, a Blackberry and WebOS works for me better than any of those.

The Pre from a hardware standpoint is a bit of a dissapointment. The homebrew certainly helps fill the holes and bring it up to speed (Uberkernel plus 20+ some patches running on my launch day unit) but truth is the hardware is weak when compared to other devices in the stream today.

I continue using my Pre because of the OS...not the hardware. And as soon as a capable replacement from Palm/HP lands in the store with WebOS 2.0 on it, I will be renewing my contract.

Until then I keep using my Pre.

KippLitz
    Let me know when you see a WebOS device on eBay like this:
    Last edited by barkerja; 07/26/2010 at 12:41 AM.
    [QUOTE=barkerja;2574846]Let me know when you see a WebOS device on eBay like this:
    [IMG]

palm will lead the way and apple will follow LOL.... Listen to what ur sayn and think about the present time.... You crack me up
    do you realize you are agreeing with each other?
    There are four lights.
    [QUOTE=windzilla;2574871]
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    [IMG]

Lol!.. I was about to say the same thing.
    [IMG]

Lol, yeah. Meant to click the quote on the post above the one I did.
    I have been a Palm person for many years. I love my Pre (Day One). I thought the ipad was something I could never use, until I had work buy one for me.

I love the iPad, but the lack of Multitasking is a disappointment, and anyone who says "most people don't use multitasking" is completely wrong, there are many instances where multitasking is needed on the iPad.
    I have never traveled without a laptop, but unless I am working with FCP or PS, I haven't been bringing a laptop while traveling. The apps available for iphone and ipad are incredible.

I have an iphone 3G (that I use without cell service, I hate ATT, and by the way in Western US Sprint is much better, I travel a lot), and now that I have the iPad, if something from HP/Palm doesn't come out by January, I will move to iPhone on Verizon. Many of the apps crossover (for free). While I love my pre, battery life kills me. I am a photographer, a videographer and I cannot get but a few hours working with the Pre when I am taking pictures and video, and posting them for fun. The new iphone kills the Pre on battery life. I want a better webos phone, I am day one owner and don't have oreo and no other issues, except slowness.

Also facetime app is great and something I would use in business.
    What will I miss most on pre? Multitasking and Mobile Hotspot for free, (and price of Sprint monthly service)
    no were not he's sayn palm will lead the way and I'm sayn at this point in time apple is top dog and has been for a while.. Sooooo your wrong

[IMG]

go type palm pre and see how many pages you get

[QUOTE=barkerja;2574846]Let me know when you see a WebOS device on eBay like this:
    [IMG]
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    This guy:

Palm Pre

This guy:

Apple iPhone
    So you're saying the Palm Pre is dead, right?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    you think everyone is iphone crazy wait until iphone 4g hits other carriers that's when the trouble starts..
    you think everyone is iphone crazy wait until iphone 4g hits other carriers that's when the trouble starts..
    I prefer the webOS ui and hardware keyboard over the iphone.

I think I will be able to avoid whatever "trouble" might befall the person/entity you are warning, when the iphone reaches other carriers.
    Last edited by windzilla; 07/26/2010 at 03:12 AM.
    I've played around with iphones before, but I still prefer my pre. An iphone owner at work commented that he wished his phone could multitask like the pre. It's also kinda nice that it integrates with Exchange tasks too (don't know if iOS 4 included that or not...v3 didn't at the time).
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast