Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Hi guys,
    There are now many rumors that Sprint will be getting the iPhone along with Verizon. If this happens would you give up on webOS and go to the iPhone. I honestly have no idea what I would do. I love webOS more then anything but I am a huge geek that always needs the hot item. Also I love my Mac so that also pushes me in the iPhone direction. But still, I can't see myself leaving webOS. What would you do?
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    I'll ignore it like I have the past years.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Winner!

I do not support Apple products at the moment. I do not like how Steve Jobs is acting and the practices his company are taking. As such I vote my $$ and will get something else.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Been Apple-free for almost a year now, no iPods, no iPod touch, and no more forced use of Mac at a student job. I had enough drama with jailbreaking on the iPod touch, no need to deal with that hassle when Jobs comes up with a new method to block it on the new iPhone models. And don't say it doesn't need to be jailbroken. As long as there are applications like Grooveshark that Apple refuses to allow in the App Store, there's a need for jailbreaking. Especially since I have a yearlong subscription to Grooveshark...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I'd drop the Pre in a heartbeat. I'm sorry but 1st gen webos cannot compete with 4th gen iPhone OS. And I suspect alot of you "supposed" webos loyalists will do the same
    If the iPhone comes to Sprint, I will continue using my Pre+ on VZ. If the iPhone comes to Verizon, I will continue to use my Pre+ on VZ. If Palm releases new models on VZ... then I might be tempted...
    I'm WebOS all the way! But please, new hardware soon!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'd definitely check it out in the store. Might even swap it out for one of my three Palm Pres for a few days to get a real feel for the phone. I doubt whether I would keep it though.

The only thing I would seriously consider switching out phones for is the ability for "full-swipe" credit card processing with a provider like Merchant Anywhere. Android 2.0.1 just got it. The Pre isn't opened up enough—yet, but I'm hoping the upcoming revisions to the OS will enable this.
    i hate apple products, love the hardware but hate the software, so no thanks
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'd drop the Pre in a heartbeat. I'm sorry but 1st gen webos cannot compete with 4th gen iPhone OS. And I suspect alot of you "supposed" webos loyalists will do the same
    I'm no loyalist. I just like the phone. I have had Blackberries forever. I still have one (work). Several of my friends have iPhones. They are fine. I have no "hate" for them. I just have no desire to have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I think you'll find that a lot of people had experience with the iPhone and choosing the Pre over it was a conscious decision. It's not like the iPhone hasn't been out for forever and no one knows how the thing works.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    stay with webos or go android. steve cant have any of my money
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    I would love this to happen.. By the way I also love how all you guy say you hate "Apple"... I love it you know you love it.
    I had to use an ipod touch specifically for its itunes remote support recently, and i thought it was kinda cool.. for about the first 30 seconds. no matter what i did, i just found it kinda boring and bland, even when jailbroken with os 3.1.3.

Every time I tried to do the back gesture on the ipod(which it has the perfect area for) i felt this big emptyness in my heart, like a little part of me died inside.

iphone just depresses me

and on the whole hating apple topic, i don't hate 'em. I have an iMac, and a macbook unibody, and I couldn't be happier with them. my main reasoning is the fact that everybody at school has a macbook charger, so I can always juice up if my battery is running low and i forgot my charger
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    by the way, AT&T and Apple have both gone on the record that exclusivity will continue at least through 2012. The rumors are interesting because I'm sure Apple would love to be an early mover on a 4G network, and gain experience on a smaller network without the negative visibility that AT&T caused. However, I will be totally shocked if the iPhone comes to Sprint any time soon, and unless Sprint chooses to embrace LTE, I don't think they will ever have it. It doesn't make sense for Apple to build a 4G phone based on Wimax when the other major carriers are all moving to LTE.
    iphone for sure.
    Stick with webOS. I can't stand Apple as a company. I work with someone who has an iPhone and I am constantly helping her with the phone. Nothing about the phone impresses me. Prime example is today. I was helping her download games for her phone. The App Store won't let you download any games that are larger than 20 MB wirelessly, you are forced to download them through iTunes and your computer and install them through iTunes. That's just stupid to me. My co-worker doesn't even own a computer at home, so she is pretty much hosed with any of the larger games.
    Nada
    I would continue using my pre happily until the next one comes along.
    iPhone, ishmone. If I'm going to leave webOS and the Pre, it'll be for something like the Evo. And even then, I'm not convinced yet. But an iPhone? That's like a step back from either.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast