Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    If I had wanted an iPhone, I would have gotten one years ago. I never wanted one. I got the Pre because I wanted it, and it has turned out to be the perfect phone/OS for me. I don't hate the iPhone, nor am I blind to the Pre's issues. But I wouldn't get an iPhone on Sprint, and will continue to use my Pre until HP/Palm puts out new hardware that I like better.

People who love Apple/iPhone will insist that it is the best and that people who don't are lying. People who hate Apple/iPhone will insist that it is horrible and that people who love it are deluding themselves. Neither side is correct. Each of us finds the phone/OS that is best for us, and no one else's opinion is going to change that (at least for those of us who think about/research our choices).

I don't like a lot of how Apple is run, and how closed it is, but there are plenty of people who don't seem to mind.

In other words, can we all just accept that each of us has our own ideas of what we want/need? Constructive and rational discussion about what we want and why is great; we all learn things about the various OS's and each other. Insulting each other's choices, however, is just lame, and not particularly fun to read.

/end rant
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    No thanks. No iphone for me.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Is the iPad Killing Netbooks? [STATS]

I guess the majority of the population feels the same way I do. That ... or we're just all "sheep". :sigh:
    lol I don't give a damn if 100% say they want one. What I AM trying to prove is that your smoking some good **** when you said your iPad can do more **** then an Netbook rofl.

"My iPad is actually capable of more than what my netbook was ever capable of."
    Last edited by Slayix312; 05/25/2010 at 10:57 PM.
    I'd buy an iPhone, but I'd never switch to Sprint to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    lol I don't give a damn if 100% say they want one. What I AM trying to prove is that your smoking some good **** when you said your iPad can do more **** then an Netbook rofl.

"My iPad is actually capable of more than what my netbook was ever capable of."
    That's the problem with absolutist statements: they are almost always oh so wrong. Of course an ipad isn't capable of more than a netbook. Well, wait a minute...if you took the battery out of the netbook and didn't plug it into an outlet, then his statement would be true. But he didn't qualify his claim, so....
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    What would you do?
    Close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalalala" until somebody taps me on the shoulder and says the new webOS device is here.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    There is no way that I would switch from a Palm/HP/WebOS product to an apple product. However, if Sprint dropped support for Palm, I would drop Sprint in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Sprint loyalist, but they'll have to support my products.

Hans
    Two words why I wouldn't consider an iphone even if on Sprint....

virtual keyboard

I think reasons for the iphone being successful extend beyond just good marketing. It's actually a well made device with the best touch experience out there. I didn't get a Pre because I wanted an iphone. I got a Pre because I wanted a Pre.
    I would give it a look see. With me, it's the provider I'm sticking with. Everything else is hardware/software and subject to change. The main reason I haven't considered an iPhone is that it isn't available on Sprint. The Pre was the best phone available on Sprint at the time when my wife and I were ready to upgrade.

At this point I'm almost certainly going to be upgrading to the Sprint HTC EVO 4g in June. Maybe if HP/Palm can get it's act together, I'll see what (if anything) they have to offer in 2011 or 2012.
    I would have to buy three of them for my kids. The wife would probaly want one too, so make that four. Her Blackberry is getting old and she hates my Pre. I however would stick with Palm or if by the end of the year, Plam does not have a new phone, I'll probably go with an Android phone.

As far as arguing about WiMax or LTE, Sprint has already said that the hardware is identicle and the only diference is the software. So, if this is true, a phone built for Sprints WiMax could also be updated to work on LTE.
    I came from AT&T to get the Pre. I think that pretty much says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    lol the iPad can do less then a sub $300 dollar netbook. Yet a bunch of ******* still bought it. Just cause everyone's riding Steve's Nuts doesn't mean it's good.
    Maybe the iPad doesn't do everything a netbook does, but for what I used my netbook for, the iPad does these things far better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Maybe the iPad doesn't do everything a netbook does, but for what I used my netbook for, the iPad does these things far better.
    Fair enough statement.
    How's this for irony? I dropped the Pre for a Hero as soon as I could because Palm completely changed its focus from making productivity smartphones to entertainment smartphones. I've been quite happy with Android since then, but I kept the Pre as a backup phone and to play with each successive webOS update. Then I bought an iPad 3G. Now I use the iPad for my productivity/PDA needs and I'm thinking of switching back to webOS (which I swore I'd never do.) Crazy, huh?