Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #41  
    I'll stay with WebOS! But I also think that alot of the comparing of iphone and pre can be a little misleading favoring iphone. You have to remember iphone is going on its 4th gen. (already there) and they have worked out almost all there faults (in ole Stevie's eyes). An app cat that you can get lost in. But I believe you give WebOS that time and Palm will kick the iphones azztray.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I couldn't disagree with this post more. I chose the network for the phone. I could have just as easily chosen the iPhone but it didn't compare at the time this was released. They keep improving the iPhone and when the new one comes out, I expect it to be the best phone on the market for a few weeks. But the fact that they've sold more units doesn't equate to it being a better device. That has more to do with marketing and Apple's ability to position its devices in the marketplace as "status symbols".
    Beating a dead horse here ... but marketing isn't the end-all-be-all. Marketing certainly helped in the iPhone's success, but the phone has essentially sold itself and continues to sell even on a terrible network. More people get the iPhone for the phone, not the network.. the same can't be said about many other phones. That in itself speaks volumes about it.
  3. #43  
    having the best sales record does not make it "the best phone"...it makes it the best SELLING phone...which only means that most people just get it cuz they think it's cool and because at&t shoves it down their throats. and why is it that when defending the iphone the only thing that tha fans can come up with is sales??? is that the only actual advantage of the iphone?? oh...that and apps... ::yawn::
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    having the best sales record does not make it "the best phone"...it makes it the best SELLING phone...
    LOL. That's like saying a runner in a race with the fastest time isn't the best runner, he's just the fastest runner.

    While "best phone" is purely a subjective thing as there may be things that you like about a particular device that I or others do not. But when a majority picks something over another, it generally means it's the best in category.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    it generally means it's the best in category.
    in the BEST SELLING category... maybe??? is the toyota prius the best car because it sells better than most cars? no...it's not. "best" means it does everything (or most) things better...in this case it's best at getting sold and having the most apps. selling the most units doesnt make it the best overall phone...and like u said..best is purley subjective. the pre is the best phone I'VE had and in MY opinion is the best overall phone. to others that may differ...but calling the iphone the best merely because of sales shows that u judge by sales alone...kinda like the people i talked about that listen to what others say instead of coming to their own conclusions...."well it's selling the best...and my friend has one...so i guess i'll buy one" <----is that what went through your head when you got yours??
    Last edited by notalexrz; 05/24/2010 at 11:27 PM.
  6. #46  
    It all depends on what happens with the Palm and HP merger. If we see some serious development and push for WebOS by Palm because of the merger then I might be persuaded to stick with my Pre. However, if by the time the iPhone makes its way to Sprint if I don't see any real growth with WebOS then I'll probably bail. The simple fact is that there are many programs which function quite better on the iPhone than on the Pre. If that holds true then I'll switch, but if HP keeps to their words and helps improve not just the operating system, but the overall WebOS market then I'll stick with my Pre.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRagunton View Post
    It all depends on what happens with the Palm and HP merger. If we see some serious development and push for WebOS by Palm because of the merger then I might be persuaded to stick with my Pre. However, if by the time the iPhone makes its way to Sprint if I don't see any real growth with WebOS then I'll probably bail. The simple fact is that there are many programs which function quite better on the iPhone than on the Pre. If that holds true then I'll switch, but if HP keeps to their words and helps improve not just the operating system, but the overall WebOS market then I'll stick with my Pre.
    thank you for showing a valid reason why you feel the way u do. i agree....the iphone does have some good apps not available on the pre
  8. #48  
    Wow. Best phone because of sales? History is littered with products that sold the best because of marketing and/or other factors exclusive of actually being the best product. The iPhone is not the best phone. There are many objective reasons, as well as subjective, as to why it is not. It may be the best built phone. It's certainly the best selling phone. But those do NOT equate to THE best phone.

    Saying anything else is just ridiculous. There are dumb phones that can be subjectively determined to be the "best phone" for certain people. For me, subjectively speaking, the Pre+ is the best phone out there. Are there some things the iPhone does better...yeah, but they aren't on my give a schnitt list. They are on my could fricken care less list. The things that actually matter to me are things that the Pre+ is better in, in some instances it is even far superior (multi-tasking now, and with iPhone OS 4.0, is one).

    I don't know why some people just don't understand why some of us don't want an iPhone or a fricken Evo. They present me nothing that I don't prefer on the Pre. This isn't the case for everyone...so to each his/her own.
  9. #49  
    Hmmmm...about a "Gabillion" happy iPhone users out there who wouldn't dream of switching to any other phone -versus- one manufacturer and two national carriers with warehouses of Pre's they can't give away.....of course the iPhone isn't a better device, what the hell was I thinking?......wow.
    The Saint
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Hmmmm...about a "Gabillion" happy iPhone users out there who wouldn't dream of switching to any other phone -versus- one manufacturer and two national carriers with warehouses of Pre's they can't give away.....of course the iPhone isn't a better device, what the hell was I thinking?......wow.
    lol the iPad can do less then a sub $300 dollar netbook. Yet a bunch of ******* still bought it. Just cause everyone's riding Steve's Nuts doesn't mean it's good. In either case im getting ready to dip my hands into Android via EVO which IMO completely and utterly shat stomps the iphone 4g and OS4 once Froyo hits.
  11. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #51  
    As an 11yr Sprint fan then I'd be happy for both them and me if they got an iPhone. For me, I carry a disabled iPhone tethered to my Pre because it fulfills my productivity/entertainment requirements. And for Sprint then it would give them a fighting chance against ATT/Verizon because Sprint's angle would be that they're the most affordable iPhone carrier.

    The problem would be how it would affect everyone else. I really dont understand all this anger people have towards a product they have no intention on ever using. But if people can get this emotionally affected by the mere mention of the iPhone now, it would be devastating for them if it was suddenly on more carriers.
  12. #52  
    **** no. WebOS FTW
  13. #53  
    no iphone for me
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    lol the iPad can do less then a sub $300 dollar netbook. Yet a bunch of ******* still bought it. Just cause everyone's riding Steve's Nuts doesn't mean it's good. In either case im getting ready to dip my hands into Android via EVO which IMO completely and utterly shat stomps the iphone 4g and OS4 once Froyo hits.
    You're so right. That's why I gave away my netbook when I got my iPad because it actually hindered my development. :sigh: My iPad is actually capable of more than what my netbook was ever capable of. People (like yourself) just don't see "how" by remaining "inside the box".

    Take a step out .. you just might be surprised by what you see.
  15. #55  
    wont do jack.
    Nico Jones, in spanish
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You're so right. That's why I gave away my netbook when I got my iPad because it actually hindered my development. :sigh: My iPad is actually capable of more than what my netbook was ever capable of. People (like yourself) just don't see "how" by remaining "inside the box".

    Take a step out .. you just might be surprised by what you see.
    Well congratulations if you liked your iPad.

    10 things Netbooks still do better than an iPad | Crave - CNET

    Although this isn't subjective. Their really isn't a DAMN thing that the iPad can do that a netbook can't. It may do somethings better...sure. Yet I would rather have a netbook that can do everything rather then not at all. So I actually find it funny that you say your iPad is capable of more then your netbook was capable of....which is a bold faced lie. You must have thought that rock slab and chisle you had was a netbook or some **** to think that.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Well congratulations if you liked your iPad.

    10 things Netbooks still do better than an iPad | Crave - CNET

    Although this isn't subjective. Their really isn't a DAMN thing that the iPad can do that a netbook can't. It may do somethings better...sure. Yet I would rather have a netbook that can do everything rather then not at all. So I actually find it funny that you say your iPad is capable of more then your netbook was capable of....which is a bold faced lie. You must have thought that rock slab and chisle you had was a netbook or some **** to think that.
    1. A camera? I don't need that, but I do see how others might. And that's available through external use in the upcoming iOS4.

    2. Flash? Considering all the major sites now effectively support HTML5 w/ H.264 that too has become something of the past.

    3. Program? I am a developer and there are plenty of SSH/sFTP tools. Also, I use this quite frequently: http://cl.ly/1ARz -- However, an IDE isn't really necessary as I frequently use VI.

    4. Import photos? Available through the USB/sdCard dongle.

    5. External storage? See #5 (also available through Dropbox which has an AWESOME iPad app).

    6. Play Facebook games?! Seriously? And actually ... Zyna has an iPad Farmville game. Sadly.

    7. There are external batteries available for on-the-go charging, but with the stellar battery life I've yet to find that necessary. (I can easily go 2 days without charging).

    8. Install CD media? Now they're reaching.. I haven't used a CD on my desktop in over a year.

    9. You can use a bluetooth keyboard or a keyboard that's part of an available dock.

    10. Moot point. This is a tablet, not a computer. Try "upgrading" a netbook, it's damn near impossible.

    Point me to a netbook that has a "built-in" GPS, or one that has a built-in accelerometer for applications and games to make use of. Or what about a compass for navigation applications?
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    1. A camera? I don't need that, but I do see how others might. And that's available through external use in the upcoming iOS4.

    2. Flash? Considering all the major sites now effectively support HTML5 w/ H.264 that too has become something of the past.

    3. Program? I am a developer and there are plenty of SSH/sFTP tools. Also, I use this quite frequently: http://cl.ly/1ARz -- However, an IDE isn't really necessary as I frequently use VI.

    4. Import photos? Available through the USB/sdCard dongle.

    5. External storage? See #5 (also available through Dropbox which has an AWESOME iPad app).

    6. Play Facebook games?! Seriously? And actually ... Zyna has an iPad Farmville game. Sadly.

    7. There are external batteries available for on-the-go charging, but with the stellar battery life I've yet to find that necessary. (I can easily go 2 days without charging).

    8. Install CD media? Now they're reaching.. I haven't used a CD on my desktop in over a year.

    9. You can use a bluetooth keyboard or a keyboard that's part of an available dock.

    10. Moot point. This is a tablet, not a computer. Try "upgrading" a netbook, it's damn near impossible.

    Point me to a netbook that has a "built-in" GPS, or one that has a built-in accelerometer for applications and games to make use of. Or what about a compass for navigation applications?
    - You CAN upgrade the HD and RAM as was stated...and it's actually pretty easy.

    - Congrats you can buy a bluetooth keyboard to add more expense into an already expensive pos. As well as for those photos and camera lol.

    -You're ****ing joking about Flash. I don't like Flash as much as the next person and would very much like to see it replaced by H.264 but 70%+ of all videos on the web are flash. I would HARDLY call that anywhere close to "something of the past" don't kid yourself.

    Citation:
    Apple and Adobe infographics - graph with facts of iPhone, iPad, Flash and H.264

    The rest of the crap you posted I won't even touch as most of it is subjective.


    Oh and are you ****ing kidding about the GPS in netbook thing?

    Inspiron Mini 10 (1012) Netbook | Dell


    Mini 10's have had that **** for a while now. Although you win in the whole..accelerometer and compass thing. CONGRATS!

    Edit: Not really about the last thing tho....new Sony VAIO netbooks have G.P.S, an accelerometer and a compass.

    So that mean's an iPad has ________ and _______ and ______ followed by ________ advantages over a Netbook.
    Last edited by Slayix312; 05/25/2010 at 09:29 PM.
  19. #59  
    what would I do if the iphone came to sprint, hmmmm. Nothing. I would just be happy to have the best phone (my Pre) on the sprint network, while my other sprint friends look on..
  20. #60  
    Is the iPad Killing Netbooks? [STATS]

    I guess the majority of the population feels the same way I do. That ... or we're just all "sheep". :sigh:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions