Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    iPhone? No thanks. Of course, I'm on Verizon, but it would be the same. I would pick the Pre+ every time. It seems a number of iPhone users have done the same thing. Guess the iPhone isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Why the heck would I want to run a highly modal device? Already done that with BB. Seen it a lot with the iPhone and I'm just not impressed. I need a phone that lets me multi-task like I do on my PC. The Pre is also a better fit for my pocket and doesn't feel like a brick in my hand.

To each his (or her) own.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'd drop the Pre in a heartbeat. I'm sorry but 1st gen webos cannot compete with 4th gen iPhone OS. And I suspect alot of you "supposed" webos loyalists will do the same
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I would love this to happen.. By the way I also love how all you guy say you hate "Apple"... I love it you know you love it.
    ummmm...kill myself?.... and by the way...

I'm am def. not a "supposed" webOS loyalist... I am one...

and I can tell you for a fact... I sure as hell have no love for Apple...

you guy categorize yourself and let other people define themselves OK?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I had a Pre for 30 days to try it out, then had a 3GS for 30 days to try it out. I immediately came back to the Pre. I'm not leaving for anything else unless Palm/HP takes a long long time to come out with some new hardware. I love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    The App Store won't let you download any games that are larger than 20 MB wirelessly, you are forced to download them through iTunes and your computer and install them through iTunes.
    Sigh. Not true at all. I download apps greater than 20 MB over wifi all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Sigh. Not true at all. I download apps greater than 20 MB over wifi all the time.

I know! I was just too weary to post that info, when I read, yet another, piece of misinformation.

because if its not that "Itunes won't let you [do something you can do]" its some other glaring error.....

I swear, some people must be paid to post misinformation about other's products....the anti-evangelists. it is so incredibly rampant in here.
    Would not be interested in the iPhone at all.

I'm betting that a lot of Samsung Instinct users would be making the switch though.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    What would I do? Yawn.
    No thanks! The reason I use a PC is because I like to customize. I don't want to be locked into using a device the way that "Steve Jobs" sees fit. The homebrew community is embraced by Palm and I love that. If HP/Palm doesn't give us new hardware soon, I'll try out an Android device. I imagine I'll be back to the next hot WebOs device though. Not sure I could use a phone without gestures after being spoiled by WebOs.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I'm WebOS all the way! But please, new hardware soon!

Rob
    ditto... Please palm. Oh and better media support would like something to sync my pictures and music which will shrink my pictures to fit and save space. Also would like better support for movies. I'd like to eminate as much ned for two devices as possible and nothing compares to ipods for movies cus there's no universal digital copies and it's fustrating when I buy movies with digital copies that I have to use an ipod.
    and integrated visual voicemail
    There are 2 facts that most here don't want to admit, but all here know to be true.

1) The iPhone is the best mobile device on the market....period. Believe me, it pains me to say it because I HATE Apple's attitude. But, the facts are the facts. Even being on the hands down worst network, they still managed to totally dominate the market and will continue to do so for years to come.

2) The biggest reason most people here got the Pre to begin with, is because it was the closest thing to an iPhone that Sprint had to offer. Egos and pride won't let most admit it and I totally understand, but it's the truth.

That being said, I hope and pray that Palm steps up and delivers us a reason to stay with WebOS, but it not looking good in the immediate future. And as awesome as the EVO seems to be, it's still doesn't equal an iPhone 3GS, let alone whatever beast the 4G ends up being.
    So Palm, we're pulling for you. Are you pulling for us? If you don't step up soon, it'll be too late, and the next WebOS we see will wind up being a HP printer or toaster or refrigerator or some other damn thing.
    The Saint
    I got no bones with apple, just don't like the iPhone. Granted, I am a bit of a palm loyalist, since I have bought and loved many of their products over the years.

If the iPhone fit my needs as well as the pre does, then I would consider switching, but it doesn't, and I don't expect the next iPhone to be much different.
    Would pick up the iPhone in a heartbeat. And to think that Apple is restricted by contract is foolish..
    i would throw up all over it then go back to using my pre
    Ummm what would you like me to do?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    There are 2 facts that most here don't want to admit, but all here know to be true.

1) The iPhone is the best mobile device on the market....period. Believe me, it pains me to say it because I HATE Apple's attitude. But, the facts are the facts. Even being on the hands down worst network, they still managed to totally dominate the market and will continue to do so for years to come.

2) The biggest reason most people here got the Pre to begin with, is because it was the closest thing to an iPhone that Sprint had to offer. Egos and pride won't let most admit it and I totally understand, but it's the truth.

That being said, I hope and pray that Palm steps up and delivers us a reason to stay with WebOS, but it not looking good in the immediate future. And as awesome as the EVO seems to be, it's still doesn't equal an iPhone 3GS, let alone whatever beast the 4G ends up being.
    So Palm, we're pulling for you. Are you pulling for us? If you don't step up soon, it'll be too late, and the next WebOS we see will wind up being a HP printer or toaster or refrigerator or some other damn thing.
    Disagree, it may be the best mobile for you but I am very happy with my pre and have no iphone envy. I could have gotten the 3gs instead of the pre. Not that I think the iphone is completely bad, I just find it to be extremely boring.
    omg stop it someone please remove this thread! its precentral not Tipb
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    and integrated visual voicemail
    I'm not sure why we need integrated visual voicemail when we have YouView. I think it is available as an alternative to the integrated Visual VM on the iPhone as well.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I would switch day one hour one to a new iPhone on sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post

I couldn't disagree with this post more. I chose the network for the phone. I could have just as easily chosen the iPhone but it didn't compare at the time this was released. They keep improving the iPhone and when the new one comes out, I expect it to be the best phone on the market for a few weeks. But the fact that they've sold more units doesn't equate to it being a better device. That has more to do with marketing and Apple's ability to position its devices in the marketplace as "status symbols".
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast