Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    We were the ones that were going to get flash first, then we would have has something over android, and more people would at least look at the webos.

But now that flash is ALREADY on the Android, even though we were first, and they were not even in the running, it looks like we are ousted again.

I am beginning to think this is just another dev doing what docs2go did.

Android with Flash
    Adobe would release it on Android first since there's more users but don't make any sense. Was Palm the reason of Flash being delayed or was just Adobe putting all the effort in Android. Seems like alot of the big companys giving up on Palm.

oh yeah this in the wrong thread
    I just posted this link in another thread. It's not all wine and roses for the droid folx. I'd prefer for Adobe to get all the bugs out first.

Flash kills browsing in Android 2.2 Froyo
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I just posted this link in another thread. It's not all wine and roses for the droid folx. I'd prefer for Adobe to get all the bugs out first.

Dude, read the comments. That article is ridiculous, and not in a good way.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Look on the bright side. No flash = No Crash.
    I'm not sure why the whole Flash debate is even an issue. As long as the OS's that will support Flash give the consumer a choice on whether to use flash or turn it off, then it it will be up to the user to decide whether viewing a particular site, video, or game is worth the risk of crashing the phone and/or depleting the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post

Flash 10.1 is still in open beta. Bugs are expected.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The debate is about whether or not websites should abandon Flash for HTML5 like Apple wants them to. Content providers don't want to move away from Flash for no reason, however, they are also not in the business of providing content that the user will either can not view or will switch off. See?
    I understand the HTML5 vs Flash issue as debate about web standards but I don't see why letting consumers have the choice like they do in the desktop world is such a big deal. You don't have to install Flash plugins and may people block flash content from their browsers. It would be no different on the mobile platform. Sites will always end up choosing the format they think will reach the most viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    That would be fine for the less than 5% of all smartphone users who follow the Flash vs. HTML5 debate, however, the majority of users will just experience crashes and decreased battery life and attribute these issues to the platform.

Let's face it - if Android tablet users start using Flash to watch media all they will know is that after a while is that their device crashes and reboots and the battery life stinks while their friend watches the ABC app on the iPad for multiple hours. People tend to blame the whole platform for crashes. They aren't interested in assigning blame to the responsible party. They just want it to work.
    Yes that is the difference. One person is experiencing the open web on a beta product, and the other is experiencing only what is allowed through an app.

Personally, I would prefer open web access to overly controlled app content.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!