Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Just found this article in Newsweek.
    Why Steve Wozniak Wants Two iPads - Newsweek.com

Steve Wozniak says he solved the multitasking problem with the iPhone:

"By the way, I solved the problem of battery life and [the lack of] multitasking on the iPhone.

Yeah. I just have two iPhones, so if the battery runs down on the first one, I can use the other. And if I'm talking on one, I can use the other one to look something up. You would not believe how much use I get out of that."

Why didn't somebody else think of that first!!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    LMAO
    What does this have to do with the Pre, and what average person can afford 2 iPhones at the same time?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    What does this have to do with the Pre, and what average person can afford 2 iPhones at the same time?
    It's so us pre users can laugh at the iphone users inability to multitask as easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    It's so us pre users can laugh at the iphone users inability to multitask as easily.
    But it is easy. If you buy two iphones, then you will be able to multitask without any modifications at all.

With the Pre's ease of one-handed operation, you could use one in each hand and completely dominate multitasking!
    thats very funny !!! i need two of them right away !!!! ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    What if I need to be on the phone, surf the web and check my email? do I need 3 iphones? Then I wanna play a game, a 4th one? lol, this should be posted in an iphone forum
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    You=Fail
    Apple would be such a better company if Woz ran it, too bad the company's direction under Jobs just wasn't for him.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    No wonder why they sell so many of those.
    Last edited by jewel; 05/24/2010 at 07:22 AM.
    I cant believe he said that, LOL. but all u iPhoneys out there take heed on multitasking from your commander in creap
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Now, the iOS 4 is out, and the multitasking is no problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane55 View Post
    Now, the iOS 4 is out, and the multitasking is no problem!
    Except that it's a bolted-on kludge. The UI for it is worse than what I had on my old blackberry curve. The pre really does let you easily run a bunch of stuff at once. Elegantly. It's the combination of cards + gestures + unobtrusive notifications + dashboard. Iphone's UI doesn't come close. And this is just stock stuff. Patches make it all the better (although, palm is too limited in how you can configure your phone out of the box, IMNSHO. Many of the patches we get should really just be option toggles in the stock apps already).

And, from a technical standpoint, it still sucks. You have to write your program to hook into the things that Apple deems appropriate to run in the background. And, you have to jailbreak the phone to do anything interesting with it. None of that is necessary with a Pre, which is open from the start.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Except that it's a bolted-on kludge. The UI for it is worse than what I had on my old blackberry curve. The pre really does let you easily run a bunch of stuff at once. Elegantly. It's the combination of cards + gestures + unobtrusive notifications + dashboard. Iphone's UI doesn't come close. And this is just stock stuff. Patches make it all the better (although, palm is too limited in how you can configure your phone out of the box, IMNSHO. Many of the patches we get should really just be option toggles in the stock apps already).

And, from a technical standpoint, it still sucks. You have to write your program to hook into the things that Apple deems appropriate to run in the background. And, you have to jailbreak the phone to do anything interesting with it. None of that is necessary with a Pre, which is open from the start.
    You're right... WebOS will win and the iPhone will fail. Feel better? Now, look at the numbers.

The reality is that the iPhone multitasking works just fine and nobody really cares about the technical details. What does the Palm "multitasking" allow you to accomplish that the iOS does not?
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    You're right... WebOS will win and the iPhone will fail. Feel better? Now, look at the numbers.

The reality is that the iPhone multitasking works just fine and nobody really cares about the technical details. What does the Palm "multitasking" allow you to accomplish that the iOS does not?
    Have a usable phone? Sorry that I like my devices to work the way I want them to, not as his lord and saviour steve jobs does. I focused on usability, not technical details.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/22/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    : (){:|:&};:
    lol

Every thread turns into a "Pre vs Other Phone" debate...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    lol

Every thread turns into a "Pre vs Other Phone" debate...
    Wait a second.....what the?? What site am I on?? Oh wait, PRECENTRAL.NET...whew! Got worried for a second there.

:/
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Now, look at the numbers.
    Thank you very much for the information.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/22/2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Hi folks....lets keep this civilized and on topic, eh!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Seems that there is people here that isn't capable of understanding irony, isn't it?

I'll explain my position using an absolutely aseptic way: Argumentum ad numerum, example & irony.Hope theguy who reported me because of my post can now get the idea.