1.    #1  
    So I'd like some opinionated feedback. My work phone is a sprint pre (which I love and have not really had any problems with.) My personal phone is an iPhone 3Gs (jailbroken). I'm due for an upgrade on AT&T and am debating on waiting on new iPhone or getting the Pre plus. So.. Is it silly to carry two of the same phone? Admittedly there are advantages to the iPhone, especially jailbroken. Is the plus that big of a difference over sprint pre? I got to choose my work phone and picked the pre mostly due to this forum. So what would YOU do?

Thanks for the feedback.
    Assuming that you cannot homebrew your WORK Pre, then I'd say getting a personal one and adding Govnah / Uber, patches, and homebrew apps makes a lot of sense.

If you can do those things with the work Pre (unless you are self employed, i can't imagine how this would be accepted) then it seems less of an advantage.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    If I was on AT&T I'd wait for the iPhone 4 and see what it offers. Only have 3-4 weeks to wait (based on previous release dates). If it offers what you want got for it, if not the Pre Plus will just be cheaper to pick up.

I don't think it'd be weird to have 2 of the same phone. You already know what you're getting when you get the Pre Plus so might as well wait. If you already hate your iPhone even though it's jailbroken, then I think you would have already made up your mind on getting a Pre.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Assuming that you cannot homebrew your WORK Pre, then I'd say getting a personal one and adding Govnah / Uber, patches, and homebrew apps makes a lot of sense.

If you can do those things with the work Pre (unless you are self employed, i can't imagine how this would be accepted) then it seems less of an advantage.
    Actually I can and have overclocked and homebrewed (at my own risk.) if the phone bricks it's my responsibility to replace. Gambling that web doctor will fix any problems I've risked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    Actually I can and have overclocked and homebrewed (at my own risk.) if the phone bricks it's my responsibility to replace. Gambling that web doctor will fix any problems I've risked it.
    In that case, the only thing left is if you want / need to keep PERSONAL info segregated from WORK stuff.

texts, contacts, email accounts, etc. If you want / need to keep the two seperated, then get another Pre. If it's not a consideration, I'd do like someone else said: Just wait a while longer and see what's on the near horizon. iPhone 4G is on it way and Palm will likely make SOME kind of leak or announcement in the short term.
    IMHO... If you can, I'd wait a bit to see if Palm announces a new device in the next couple of months since they are coming up on the 1 year mark since the Pre's launch. If you don't want to wait, it would really be up to the entertainment factor. iPhone is better for games/music/vid... but that's pretty much where it ends. Outside of that, I'd prefer the WebOS experience by far. But it's a personal choice
  7.    #7  
    Good points guys... Waiting a few more months might be the way to go...
    June 7 is when the next iPhone is announced, so only a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    Will your employer let you apply whatever they are paying per month to your personal phone? If so, I'd get the Pre Plus, port the work number to your Pre Plus, turn off the Pre account, and go with one device. You'll probably have to pay Sprint a ETF, but after only a year, that should be minimal.

I hate carrying two phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    +1 on this. I don't have an option, though. My work phone has to be their precious T-Mobile Dash. :P
  11.    #11  
    Will your employer let you apply whatever they are paying per month to your personal phone? If so, I'd get the Pre Plus, port the work number to your Pre Plus, turn off the Pre account, and go with one device. You'll probably have to pay Sprint a ETF, but after only a year, that should be minimal.

yeah it sux sometimes but has also saved me sometimes too... Unfortunately they won't reimburse and let me do my own thing.
    Most people do. However, many employers force you to by not allowing personal use of a company phone or company business to be conducted using personal devices or email addresses.