1.    #1  
    I got my Palm Pre back in early February and since then have had a great time hacking it. I even wanted to post instructions on howto get the tracking website I am using (which is basicly a mismatch of everyone elses) but also turns on the gps/location services, but since I only read stuff and never post I could...(no links, even some of the commands came up as links). I am loving the phone I am using now and did these hacks...

Bios GPS (Enable All GPS Modes)

Tracking Website (with pass, turns on/off gps/ working batt indicator)

Dyndns / SSH

MobileHotspot

Now my sister is giving up her 5 month old Nexus One for a HTC Evo, should I switch? She said the UI isn't as smooth as WebOS but overall I dont know which phone is better.. A deal breaker for me would be if one had faster wifi tethering speed due to a better antenna setup. Thanks!!!
    Which Nexus One? I had an N1 with T-Mobile for 4 months and was tethering at about 900kbps.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry I have no idea, I could findout in like a day. Theyre all on sprint. with the pre I sometimes get about that, 1.2MBs max, but I think download speed is not as affected by the phone antenna compared to upload speed. I get 0.25 to 0.4 MB/s upload, and where you live greatly effects rates too.
    As far as I know, there is no N1 on Sprint, only AT&T or T-Mobile.
  5.    #5  
    I wonder what android phone she has then? we are for sure on sprint...
    Must be the moment? haha I checked o site with them all listed and thats what it looked like
    Nexus 1 is a cool phone, but I would not want the moment.
    N1 is a very nice phone. Too bad it's tied to 2 very lousy phone companies.
  8.    #8  
    So comparatively you would choose a palm pre vs a moment? Thanks
    rather than using a switch, I suggest that you just take away your child's iPod. That seems to be more effective for this generation...
    I'd rather fight than switch! Oh wait, that was for Tareyton. Nevermind.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #11  
    I see where this thread is starting to go lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by josh4trunks View Post
    So comparatively you would choose a palm pre vs a moment? Thanks
    the Moment isn't a far comparison to the N1.

I am not a big fan of how stock Android looks/functions. That being said, some of that will be addressed in the 2.2 upgrade. What I would do is play with her phone for a day or two and see how it feels.

I will say the way the N1 feels in your hand is great and Android has come a long way since the G1.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I'd rather fight than switch! Oh wait, that was for Tareyton. Nevermind.
    wow, you are OLD to remember that... and I'm really OLD to recognize the reference. Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wow, you are OLD to remember that... and I'm really OLD to recognize the reference. Ouch.
    I just remember seeing the ads in old Playboy magazines, but you just dated yourself.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I remember those ads running on our black and white tv. do you remember when they were allowed to advertise cigarettes on TV? that was outlawed a looooong time ago.