1.    #1  
    This is an excerpt from a Wall Street Journal article/review of the HTC Incredible:
    The biggest downside to the Incredible was its short battery life. The company says that battery life will vary on individual usage and that typically a user can make it through a full day on a single charge. But when I was running multiple apps at once, I burned through the battery in about four hours. Granted, that's pretty much the same as my iPhone, but I expected better performance.
    Here's the full article.

I've been known to gripe on here about Pre battery life. I knew logically that other smartphones were much (if at all) better, but it was good to see a reviewer say pretty much the same thing about a new and much anticipated phone as I say about my Pre Plus.
    This is true of every smartphone out there. BBs might have better battery life for just texting and accessing email. But once you start accessing the web or streaming decent bitrate audio battery usage goes through the roof on all phones.

I don't see any technology on the horizon will remedy this anytime soon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    This is true of every smartphone out there. BBs might have better battery life for just texting and accessing email. But once you start accessing the web or streaming decent bitrate audio battery usage goes through the roof on all phones.
    That's not EXACTLY true. My last phone was a BB Storm, and I used it pretty heavily for a lot of the same things I use my Pre for. At the end of the day, it usually had 60-70% battery charge remaining, without having it plugged in all day.

With that said, the Pre is a much more powerful phone than the Storm (particularly the Storm 1, which is what I had), so it's bound to use more battery.
    They should give the battery at least two weeks before complaining about battery life to allow it to optimize. I remember the Pre had the worst battery life ever and then after two weeks it got much better, not great but better.

Every Evo owner will make the the necessary adjustments to make the battery work best for their needs. These reviewers usually have the phone for a day or so of heavy use before writing a review. I'm sure we will be using it with heavy use for the first week and will see bad battery life due to the heavy usage.
    Last edited by kinster02; 05/21/2010 at 01:39 AM.
    "I burned through the battery in about four hours. Granted, that's pretty much the same as my iPhone, but I expected better performance."

The only time I can't get through a day on my iPhone 3G battery is if I've been streaming from iHeartRadio.

Otherwise, all other normal usage, web, apps, text, phone, my battery lasts a full day, and when it goes on the charger at night, it is usually in the 40-50% range at least.
    Yeah if i am aggressively using my phone that battery just starts to drop.

But this is where my touchstone comes in handy. When i get the Evo i'm actually going to buy two batteries for days where i'm out of the house for a bulk of the day. Can't hurt.