Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looke like the Evo4G, Incredible, and Nexus One have outdated processers and the Evo 4G isn't even out yet...

Wow technology moves fast and Palm keeps getting more and more behind
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    With any luck, sometime soon, people will realize that there comes a point where the specs are good enough and it is more about the software than the hardware.

Users are still drooling over the latest processors crammed into a small phone so I don't think we are there yet. But soon hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Looke like the Evo4G, Incredible, and Nexus One have outdated processers and the Evo 4G isn't even out yet...

Wow technology moves fast and Palm keeps getting more and more behind
    1.3 isn't a big deal...

Early next calendar year you will see dual core phones.. Now that's a jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    1.3 isn't a big deal...

Early next calendar year you will see dual core phones.. Now that's a jump.
    I'll just wait for the perfect phone...

Infinite speed
    Infinite ram
    Infinite storage
    Changes into anything you need
    Runs WebOs.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

5.    #5  
    I know its not a big difference its just aazing that before something is even released something just that much faster is around the corner.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post

Infinite speed
    Infinite ram
    Infinite storage
    Runs WebOs.
    This is a good one pogeypre.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    A 1.3 Ghz chip is nice and all but if the OS needs a 1.3mhz chip to run as quick as another OS does with a 1Ghz chip it doesn't mean a whole lot. Best to wait and see how speedy Windows Mobile 7 actually is as an OS.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Infinite speed
    Infinite ram
    Infinite storage
    Runs WebOs.
    Will it be an Autobot or a Decepticon?

Infinite speed
    Infinite ram
    Infinite storage
    Runs WebOs.
    lol.. Theres always something better coming, but my point is that in technology we see big jumps, and small ones. This is a small one, early next year we will see a huge one..

dual core 1.5ghz.. 3 times more power than phones today.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    When is this thing being released?
    Cause if it's around December, that makes sense.

Anyway, I was hoping to see some kernels for the Evo that go up to 1.3 or 1.5, of course with scaling.

Infinite speed
    Infinite ram
    Infinite storage
    Runs WebOs.
    Don't forget infinite battery!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spyral View Post
    will it be an autobot or a decepticon?
    starscream!!!! :d
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    This is a good one pogeypre.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    Will it be an Autobot or a Decepticon?
    Decepticon, but he will realize that he can do much more as an Autobot and switch sides.

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    lol.. Theres always something better coming, but my point is that in technology we see big jumps, and small ones. This is a small one, early next year we will see a huge one..

dual core 1.5ghz.. 3 times more power than phones today.
    No doubt. One can make an argument that there really is no need for those speeds on a 4 inch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Don't forget infinite battery!!!
    It will be the first phone with photosynthesis.

Quote Originally Posted by randompre21 View Post
    starscream!!!! :d
    Never.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Yeah, they keep advancing these hungry processors while making do with the same old battery tech.
    As smartphones are asked to do more things, they will require more powerful processors, and, when they are asked to to lots of things at the same time, they will likely require more powerful and efficient processors.

Having said that, we need to remember that CPU's require power, and battery life is still a huge problem with all of our mobile technologies.

A smartphone, like a PC, can NEVER be fast enough, however, the battery life cannot suffer too steeply to provide that power.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    As smartphones are asked to do more things, they will require more powerful processors, and, when they are asked to to lots of things at the same time, they will likely require more powerful and efficient processors.

Having said that, we need to remember that CPU's require power, and battery life is still a huge problem with all of our mobile technologies.

A smartphone, like a PC, can NEVER be fast enough, however, the battery life cannot suffer too steeply to provide that power.
    Then there was omap4 and all the snapdragons went extinct.
    are we anywhere near stat of the art battery technology? With all the new smartphones, and mobile devices, and the power they are starting to have, I am surprised we don't see a jump in battery technology. It's my understanding that litium ion batteries have been used a long time and that the sizes haven't shrank in a while (dont critiize if I'm wrong I'm not entirely sure here). It would be nice to have a device last all day regardless of what I do on it. (i know that's asking alot but if you really think about al that our phones can do, is it really?)
    what is said already is true, dosent matter how much speed the phone is capable at running at, if the OS is not optimized for that kind of performance. Even look at the iphone 3Gs, its still as fast or faster then some of these 1ghz phones like the nexus one, and its because Apples OS is more optimized at handling a now to date measly 600mhz processor but yet its still smoother then any 1ghz OS out there. Me personlly Id rather want to see a device that optimizes the speed correctly, with a battery life that last atleast a day in a half with moderate to heavy usage.
    The good news? It's great hardware.

The bad news? It runs WinPhone 7. Ouch.
    wonder if they incorporated blue screens into winphone7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast