Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I love Windows 7 on my laptop, but on a phone? IDK :/
    Android's on the right road. Their 2.2 update will increase speeds 2-5x.

It's all about optimization, atleast until battery technology does much better.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    wonder if they incorporated blue screens into winphone7
    One can only hope
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I'll just wait for the perfect phone...

Infinite speed
    Infinite ram
    Infinite storage
    Changes into anything you need
    Runs WebOs.
    I want infinite numbers. That is everyone's number. Included Zoe Saldana. That way I could just call her and ask her out ever hour. Alot easier then following her in a car everywhere which apparently is akin to stalking. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    With any luck, sometime soon, people will realize that there comes a point where the specs are good enough and it is more about the software than the hardware.

Users are still drooling over the latest processors crammed into a small phone so I don't think we are there yet. But soon hopefully.
    So true... which is why some of us are so tired of the people continually ranting about how they are getting out of the WebOS world unless their next phone has a Snapdragon, dual-core, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree. (OK maybe not the last two )

Build a reliable phone with a solid OS and which can fill a definite need (we are halfway there), and then its just a marketing game to get mindshare. Doesn't need to be the absolute biggest and baddest to find success.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    With any luck, sometime soon, people will realize that there comes a point where the specs are good enough and it is more about the software than the hardware.

we aren't even close to that time. I'd say not in the next 6 or 7 years even. We have barely scratched the surface technologywise. DVD's where perfetly good till HD came. And Bluray. And 60mhz HD tvs where fine till people noticed blurs when the cameras movied quick and they wanted more.

And phones have a lot more to offer and much of it needs better hardware. Like streaming tv. Then Streaming hd tv. two way video calling. Then two way hd video calling. Most camera's don't have good zooming or lenses or flashes so as long as single camera's get better you'll have people wanted phones that can match at least a certain level of camera. We aren't there yet. You wanna take picks in a dark night club cell camera's still tend to suck because they have crap flashes.

And then all that stuff probably means more energy consumption so people will always look to better stronger batteries.

And I'd bet as you can store video, and HD video addtionally people will want more storage for a long time. An 8 GB card isn't gonna store much real hd video. i mean i got blurays ripped to 7 or 8 Gbs each. I mean just like ipods have jumped over 100GBs i bet phones will someday.

Hell bluetooth used to be good enough then somebody decided they wanted to listen to music with blutooth and boom everybody needed newer bluetooth headsets.

Point is i think for the near future hardware will matter and it's futile to resist that reality. Additionally i'd think for a huge number of people the specifics of software won't matter because for a lot of people, just like hardware, the software will be, to use you're phrase, "good enough."
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I'll just wait for the perfect phone...

Infinite speed
    Infinite ram
    Infinite storage
    Changes into anything you need
    Runs WebOs.
    And that phone... will STILL have the "Too Many Cards" error.
    Why does this site declare "Pre" not to be a word? Please explain.
    This is a good one pogeypre.

thanks all master.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12