Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What is Android?
    The bigger question is "What is the EVO? And why is every post on the new posts list on PRECENTRAL about it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The bigger question is "What is the EVO? And why is every post on the new posts list on PRECENTRAL about it?"
    From what I've gathered, the Android is a human-like robot. The EVO must be the latest model... If I'm right, then I can see why people are excited about it. I would like to trade my Pre in for a fully functioning humanoid robot as well. I'm going to name mine "Steve"... Plus, I heard he can be a wifi hot spot too! It sounds too good to be true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    You can count me in as part of that crowd. My Pre has been nothing but a huge headache for me this past month.. Between the random restarts, the "Too Many Cards Open" error, the constant UI lag I've had it.

(Doctoring my phone didn't help either.)

The current hardware (IMO) does more harm to WebOS then good. I'll probably return to WebOS if/when HP & Palm release their tablet.
    REALLY! The hardware is your issue w/ Palm? Because the issues you listed are Software related!
    So what is it or do you just like to complain? Im betting the latter.

If you hate the Pre so much, Go get something else and leave the rest of us alone.

We need a Pre bashing sub-forum where all blatant attempts to sway people away from webos should be moved.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I totally agree w/ Jack w/ a hatchett. I can only hope that everyone grabs the EVO, so sprint will drop the price of the pre+. If sprint ever gets it.

Although I don't care so much for the pres' hardware.
    Pre+ is a way better build.
    Last edited by rigatoni1374; 05/17/2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    REALLY! The hardware is your issue w/ Palm? Because the issues you listed are Software related!
    So what is it or do you just like to complain? Im betting the latter.

If you hate the Pre so much, Go get something else and leave the rest of us alone.

We need a Pre bashing sub-forum where all blatant attempts to sway people away from webos should be moved.
    We do have one:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm not quite as confident that you will be back, but he's right if he means "you" in the generic sense, I agree with him.

Palm's dark days will be over soon, and I suspect that there will be many that have left that come back.
    Trust me, if you build it (without oreo's) they will come (back).
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Most people who got the Pre will not be switching because most people don't switich phones every chance they get. I'd say it seems like a decent percentage of people on this forum might be switiching at least for 30 days. I have no interest in switching but I can't blame anyone for wanting to check the EVO out. The specs on that phone are quite impressive except for the OS.
    Where I work there are two girls that had Pre's (a few months ago), just the other day I noticed they both had iPhones, so I asked what happened to their Pre's. Their response: "the apps sucked".

It's more than just hardware people. Why do you think Google just initialized a whole new team that's devoted to app/game development? Google is pouring all kinds of $$ into enhancing their app/game ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Palm's dark days will be over soon, and I suspect that there will be many that have left that come back.
    I'm curious how Palm, as HP's 11th or 12th smallest division, is somehow going to suddenly make this miracle reversal in performance. Don't forget how things went for Palm under US Robotics and then 3Com. When Palm joins the HP family as the new guy on the block, they'll have to perform just like all the other divisions to secure their funding in the corporate structure...and at HP that's pretty stiff competition compared to what Palm's faced so far. Otherwise, they'll just fade off into oblivion and HP's patent portfolio will grow a bit.

Also, don't forget who Palm's new boss will be at HP - the same guy that nearly destroyed Palm the last time they hung on the brink. The same guy who's ben unable to get HP's phone business off the ground for the last 5 years.
    I guess we just we have to wait and see. I don't think anyone in here has a crystal ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Trust me, if you build it (without oreo's) they will come (back).
    Unfortunately, after most casual customers use their upgrade opportunity to leave webOS for Android (EVO 4G), they will stay there until their next upgrade opportunity a year later. After a year of purchasing Android apps, many people will be reluctant to start over with webOS.

Palm really cannot afford to allow their current customers to slip away and get locked in to a competitor's product. Unless contractually restricted, Palm needs to announce their new hardware BEFORE the EVO 4G and iPhone are released.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I couldn't agree more Choda, great point. If I KNEW Palm had phone "X" in the pipeline and if I liked the specs/stlye I would GLADLY wait. Seeing how they have announced NADA I will trade my cracked Pre in for the latest and greatest....the EVO. I feel like Palm had an opportunity to make a BIG splash with a new phone this June, but they missed out.
    first off android is a proven OS and webos is not. Secondly hardware DOES matter that's why so many people are leaving webos to get android. Lastly people will be back ONLY IF palms "HARDWARE" is up to standards and as good as the evo is now. Meanin if 2011's palm fone is as good as 2010's evo then ppl will come back to webos. And who knows another OS could come along or another NEW phone that's not webos and people will get that and then webos will be irrelevant. So for ppl to say "they know ppl will be back to webos" is a weird statement becuz you don't kno for certain this is the case...
    Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    ....the only logical choice I have is to grab an Evo. What does everyone else think?
    In my opinion the only logical choice is to use your Pre for another year. Why do you feel the need to ditch it after only 12 months? I'm not sure about you but my Pre is still handling e-mail, texting and phone calls just fine, not only that, it doing it much better now then it did last June.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Ironically, if folks jump for an Evo, they'll be getting an obsolete OS out of the box -- Android 2.1, which doesn't support Flash nor the latest features being prepped for 2.2. Further, given that Android phones don't usually get regular OS updates (the HTC Hero, for instance, is still on 1.6 on Sprint), Pre users will be running Flash long before "superior EVO hardware" is. :P
    Android! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    Actually, it does help Palm.

Consumers will have two very different experiences.

On webOS, the 3D games install and they "just work."

On Android, the 3D games may or may not install, and may or may not work, depending on what hardware, OS, carrier, and lunar cycle are involved.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Don't think logic really applies in either answer as they are bot stated as they are the definitive path for everyone.

My personal case: I was going to hold out for the next WebOs device as it is the superior UI in my opinion. But in the past month I had to replace my launch day Pre as the headset switch was stuck in on and I could not get it to turn off using the fixes I found on this site. No problem, replaced it and was happy as it had a big scratch on the front anyways. The replacement Pre was a refurb and horrible. Buttons on the keyboard did not work and very bad oreo effect shortly after receiving it. Returned it. Next Pre continually had Luna crashes. No patches or anything installed. Was crashing stock out of the box. Returned. Next device is getting so hot I can't keep it in my pocket. Again, it is stock at this point.

I love WebOs but the Pre is a horrible phone. In my case I am going to get the Evo and give Android a try. Let WebOs mature some more and hope developers get on the band wagon for the OS. Next year I am sure there will be a better hardware decive out running WebOs and I will either be in love with my Evo or happy to get back to WebOs.

I don't get why people get so worked up over people sharing their thoughts and experiences. Isn't that what a forum is for?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Ironically, if folks jump for an Evo, they'll be getting an obsolete OS out of the box -- Android 2.1, which doesn't support Flash nor the latest features being prepped for 2.2. Further, given that Android phones don't usually get regular OS updates (the HTC Hero, for instance, is still on 1.6 on Sprint), Pre users will be running Flash long before "superior EVO hardware" is. :P
    Rules for Defending the Pre from Reality by lowering the bar and slamming the competition

If another phone has better hardware, slam it by saying its too big, too fast or the camera isn't as good as a DSLR
    If another OS multitasks, scream that their style sucks and WebOS multitasking is far superior
    If another phone has a new OS then declare it is obsolete despite the Pre being designated as a transition product with no promise of support
    If another phone cant do Flash then call it crippled and brag about the Pre being promised flash (and ignoring it's still not here)
    If another phone has more apps then say it's all fart apps
    If another OS has more devs then ignore the year is 2010 and say competitors are older OSs
    If another upcoming OS update exists then make up stuff about how WebOS is going to be even better some day in the future
    If another phone is more durable then site a mysterious friend who had that phone and broke it

Follow these rules and our Pre will definitely feel modern and not outdated in any way.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast