Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Ok, so here is my story. About a month ago I got the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon for $50 with the mobile hotspot for free for the 2 year contract. I have bee loving my phone, have Preware on it, lots of patches, overclocked now, etc and I do love this OS. The one frustration is app selection and price. Well, now a friend of mine went back to a dumb phone from her Droid and is willing to sell it to me for pretty cheap. I just don't know if I should make the switch. I may lose the hotspot free (and I do use this with my Ipod touch, etc). I haven't any real experience with the Droid and was just wanting some advise. Any would be appreciated. Thanks.
    not you may but you will
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    App selection will be a bit better, but prices will stay the same for Droid. Also, the UI on droid is the same as it first came into existence. Not a good UI IMO.
    ^Ditto. I had the Droid for about 2 weeks, the OS is bland, lots of useless apps, and the darned thing kept skipping when I played my music through it. About the only advantage it has IMHO is the bigger screen for media, and the speaker phone is probably a bit louder. From what I've seen of the Pre+ and judging by your use of it, I'd just take it off her hands for cheap and resell it on ebay.
    Which "Droid" are you referring to? The Motorola Droid or the new Droid Incredible?
    You should really goto a website were you would get a unbiased answer obviously thats not going to happen hear
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njbianco View Post
    You should really goto a website were you would get a unbiased answer obviously thats not going to happen hear
    DROID = GAY!!!!! Which in this instance one could assume that I am implying both are bad. In reality I mean happy. How that relates to phones I have no idea. My Pre makes me happy.
    I spent a lot of time looking at the motodroid, and thinking that was the phone to get. 10 minutes with the Pre and I never looked back. I'd rather have a Droid than a BlackBerry, but there isn't anything - including an iPhone - that I would rather have than webOS... just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    DROID = GAY!!!!! Which in this instance one could assume that I am implying both are bad. In reality I mean happy. How that relates to phones I have no idea. My Pre makes me happy.
    Exactly what im saying with post like that your not going to get a bias answer on webOS forum. Same thing if i go on2 a android forum and ask if i should get a webOS device obviously i already no what that answer is going to be.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    10 minutes with the Pre and I never looked back.
    I had the same experience. Played with the droid, was set to buy it but was not sure I wanted a smart phone. Then I discovered WebOS and the rest is history.