Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I sent a rather lengthy e-mail to Dan Hesse, CEO of Sprint. I wanted to express concern over the $10 extra charge 4G service. Mind you, I'm all for Sprint charging extra for extra service. But they are charging the extra $10 a month 4G charge for any 4G device you buy, even if you're in an area without 4G service.
    If you buy an EVO or any future 4G device, this will be the case. There in lies the problem. I expressed how the charge should be connected to the plan and NOT to the device. To charge customers for service that they either don't want or want but can't get in their service area is just plain wrong. I commented that many customers or potential customers, based on what I've seen on the forums, have already changed their minds about the EVO before it's even been released as a direct result of the implementation of the charge.
    I was directly contacted by someone at the corporate headquarters, as obviously no ACTUAL person in an executive position would lower themselves to speak directly to a customer. I was told quite bluntly that the decision on the charge was made at the corporate executive levels of Sprint and that anyone not interested in paying the extra charge should consider a different device or even another carrier. You believe that ?!? Another carrier?
    So, long story short, Sprint doesn't give a rip whether you actually get 4G service or not, you're gonna pay for it anyway when you buy an EVO or any future 4G phone.
    I've always been a big fan of Sprint in this and other forums. But it's this "we don't give a damn about what the customers think" attitude that keeps them perpetually on the brink of financial failure and locked firmly in the THIRD place spot among US carriers.
    I was really hoping Sprint would finally get it right with the EVO but alas, it's yet another in the long list of Sprint blunders. Way to go Sprint, you managed to shoot yourself in the foot...AGAIN. Six months from now when you're still hemorrhaging customers at the "speed of 4G", just remember we told you so.
    So anyone reading this, take my advise, at the end of your Sprint contract, RUN not walk, to the nearest Verizon store or Best Buy, buy yourself a Pre Plus or a Droid and live happily ever after.
    The Saint
    Breathe......
    If you purchase an HEMI powered vehicle because it is a HEMI that's ok. But if you do not use the extra power and have to pay for more fuel becoase it get bad MPG you have a problem? Why would you tell peole to go to "V" and purchase a plus or Droid? It's not a 4G and Sprint sugested that you not purchase a 4G device if you did not want to pay the extra fee. Yet "V" cost more for service. WOW! Why not just purchase the EVO and still save money over "V"?
    I still don't understand.
    >How dare Sprint try to support the additional of cost for the 4g equipment and service. <
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  4.    #4  
    LOL, oh I'm breathing just fine and in about 60 days will be breathing even better. Just giving everybody a heads up on the newest load of garbage from Sprint. Thanks for the concern though, lol.
    I'm thinking there's a Pre Plus or a Droid with my name on it. Hell, at this point, 2 cans connected with string would be a step up, as long as they're not on Sprint, lol.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Breathe......
    +1
    Not heavy - It's not that bad. Smile
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
  6.    #6  
    That, my friend makes you the perfect Sprint customer, lol.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    That, my friend makes you the perfect Sprint customer, lol.
    I do have good service at less cost. I would say that they are a good service provider. Just my thought. Sorry you feel the way you do. That is why there is more than one carrier.

We want them!!!
    Yeah, paying for not getting anything is just stupid! They want to charge me for a premium 3G/4G service, half the time I'm on 1x! 4G is not existent (or planned in my area) and 3G is spoty at best!
    Sure that is the knee-jerk reaction to this but even with the $10 4G charge you are still paying less per month than you are for a regular 3G plan with either ATT or Verizon so what you are suggesting is just no sensible. Not to mention we all know there is know way Verizon will give their customers "free" LTE 4G when they get it up and running. I'm willing to bet large sums of money they they charge AT LEAST an extra $10 per month if not $20. Think about what you are saying and you will realize Sprint still offers MUCH more than any other carrier for MUCH less than the others charge.

EDIT: Offering a non-4G version of the EVO would be the smart play by Sprint in this situation but still, all things considered, they still offer the best plans at the best prices.
  10.    #10  
    The EVO is already 3G compatible. It's a quite simple fix. You buy an EVO and use it on your current 3G plan, business as usual. If you want to use the 4G capability, you pay the extra $10. Simple. I don't understand why that's so hard for Sprint to understand.
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The simplest solution is go to another network and let those who want to stay with Sprint stay with Sprint.
    I know, thats what I am saying. Disable the 4G on the phones so that people can enjoy the beauty of the phone without using or paying for the 4G.
    I understand why people aren't happy with the $10 charge - I'm not in favor of it. But perhaps people needs to be mature about it: if they offer pricing that you don't like, go elsewhere...no need for drama.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This is not a big deal or shouldn't be one, reason; sprint won't or can't disable 4G service, so if you roam around the country your likely to come across 4G at some point and when you do you'll be using it, hence the charge. No big deal in my eyes, and will hopefully help speed up the build out of 4G.(thats a big hopefully)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    yeah... It makes no sense to rip on Sprint for charging extra for a 4G phone when you have no clue yet what other carriers will charge. This is all beside the point that even with 10 bucks extra, Sprint's 4G is cheaper than the other's 3G plan.

oh, and to quote many others on the interwebs... Sceenshot or it didn't happen. Too easy to make up stories, or embellish to try and make a point on internet forums.
    cmon people really? The ones sayin "its no big deal that they are charging you 10 dollars" are the problem. Who cares if the other carriers charge you more, it's the principle. Verizon charges say 90 for unlimited everythin and sprint charges 89 but it's ok tho becuz sprint stil cheaper. That's a bunch of BS. We ned to show that we can't be taken advantage of and come together. If they say 69.99 for unlimited everythin then dammit they should stick to it. I don't remember them sayin anythin about 69.99 for unlimited 3g. So that's sprints fault not ours for not clarifying. I don't care about how much other carriers cost or if they are more expensive. I like sprint and don't want to be bullied by them. Oh yea 4g costs less to make than 3g so they aren't losin any money by givin us 4g....
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    LOL, oh I'm breathing just fine and in about 60 days will be breathing even better. Just giving everybody a heads up on the newest load of garbage from Sprint. Thanks for the concern though, lol.
    I'm thinking there's a Pre Plus or a Droid with my name on it. Hell, at this point, 2 cans connected with string would be a step up, as long as they're not on Sprint, lol.
    so they should develop software that prevents you from using 4G, and have the manufacture's gimp their own hardware so some people don't have to pay the extra $10? Something that could easily be hacked?..... I mean seriously, maybe they should have gone the T-mobile way and not sell the EVO out of 4G markets?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmays87 View Post
    cmon people really? The ones sayin "its no big deal that they are charging you 10 dollars" are the problem. Who cares if the other carriers charge you more, it's the principle. Verizon charges say 90 for unlimited everythin and sprint charges 89 but it's ok tho becuz sprint stil cheaper. That's a bunch of BS. We ned to show that we can't be taken advantage of and come together. If they say 69.99 for unlimited everythin then dammit they should stick to it. I don't remember them sayin anythin about 69.99 for unlimited 3g. So that's sprints fault not ours for not clarifying. I don't care about how much other carriers cost or if they are more expensive. I like sprint and don't want to be bullied by them. Oh yea 4g costs less to make than 3g so they aren't losin any money by givin us 4g....
    oh yeah, what about their R&D for their 4G network?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    ok look how hard would it to be to have people pay the extra 10 dollars if they want 4g and the people that don't want to pay for 4g don't have to and can use 3g???
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    if Sprint decided to start charging everyone on their network 10 bucks extra, then you could cry that they are bullies, taking advantage of you. Lucky for us, owning the EVO is not required to be a customer of Sprint, therefore, neither is that 10 dollar charge. So keep your pre, like I am, and pretend it never happened.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast