Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    and think about how many people are complaining about the extra charge on precentral.. And this is only a smalll few of a much much much bigger crowd who feel the same way. This is guaranteed to hurt sprint in a big way...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmays87 View Post
    ok look how hard would it to be to have people pay the extra 10 dollars if they want 4g and the people that don't want to pay for 4g don't have to and can use 3g???
    Simple don't buy a 4G capable phone yet.
    Quite simply put I just won't be getting an EVO! Sprint can kiss my tookus! I might have been mildly temped if it was not for the "EVO tax" but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a service that isn't even in the works for my area! This just seems like Sprint leveraging their new assets for some bottom line padding. Well it won't be at my expense, Sprint you can keep your new "Speed Trap" phone.
    Are we forgetting that we had to switch to an everything plan to use the Pre? Or that we lost a lot of sweet old plans in changing over?? I'd hope that RETENTION will will just make some other $10 charge disappear on the back door to make us happy?? Then again what if its actually worth the extra $10? Most of us will chug up $5 bucks for a latte, and $3 for water multiple times a day! Come on folks if we are going to maintain the we want, we want, we want, this and that attitude, it comes with a price. If you dont want to pay for it, you have a choice. You wanna be on the cutting edge? Then its gonna come with a price.
    Last edited by teejay69; 05/14/2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Structure
    That's a bunch of BS. We ned to show that we can't be taken advantage of and come together.
    Please suggest a class action lawsuit - those threats are always funny!
    wasn't it more expensive for 3g back in the day???
    this doesn't upset me at all, even though I am not remotely interested in anything android, either way, like others have said, cutting edge isn't free.
    You can switch to Verizon or at&t and pay more and not have 4g, even with the extra 10 dollars a month it is still the best plan out there.
    I am glad this is not an EVO site so I don't have to read posts like this. :P
    ok look how hard would it to be to have people pay the extra 10 dollars if they want 4g and the people that don't want to pay for 4g don't have to and can use 3g???
    harder than it would be to lose a few customers to.... wait a sec, if your upset at sprints $10 charge, whats it gonna do when you look at verizon's or att's charge?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Nobody's forcing you to buy the EVO. If you don't like to pay for the extra $10 then don't get it. If you're still sticking with your Pre, like I am, your rate will stay the same. You want a new toy? Pay the extra bucks.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    harder than it would be to lose a few customers to.... wait a sec, if your upset at sprints $10 charge, whats it gonna do when you look at verizon's or att's charge?
    This is what they will do...... and then some more
    On a Palm Pre/Pixi forum. Complain about EVE 4G and Sprint charging more. hmm. Still don't understand.
    I guess I just like the Pre and WebOS over the EVO. And when Palm/HP come out with a 4G and I have to pay 10.00 more. Count me in. At least I will know when I travel or get it here I will have UNLIMITED 4G over the 5gb limit of 3G. Did someone say tether?
    >Maybe I can drop my home internet then and save 30.00 a month. 10.00 - 30.00 = 20.00 net savings. Yep, no brainer.<
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I hope there is some way Sprint can just charge for 4G access those months that you actually use 4G data...
    it's a reasonable beef to not want to pay the extra $10 when you're not in a 4G area, but the reality is, a lot of folks travel to areas with 4G... so Sprint's simple solution is to blanket charge to the device, instead of according to zip code...
    so I'm hoping that they can figure out a different way to apply the charge-- just charge the $10 if you use 4G in that given month.. they already do this for customers with services like Sprint Navigation (for those without data plans), right?
    I dunno. I kinda see OP's point, but kinda disagree with it too. I mean, I don't live in a 4G area yet... But the city is only an hour away and they're fully covered in 4G. It would be nice to be able to access those higher speeds whenever I'm up there for a visit. If I've got a 4G enabled phone I'd wanna be able to access that 4G whenever I could, but if I only had a 3G plan on the Evo (like OP suggests should be an option) then that wouldn't work.

Obviously my case is somewhat unique. I realize that not everyone lives as close to a 4G area as I do. This is why I only somewhat disagree with OP.

EDIT: booyapre's suggestion right above me is a pretty reasonable suggestion, I think.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    What we need is for google to bypass all the cellular carriers and start offering their own wimax service. Google will undercut all cellular prices and probably would relish in being a "game changer" again.

It would also be good "pay back" for all the cellulars for refusing to carry their baby the Nexus 1.

I know it's way off topic but what the heck....
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Sprint is paying for a completely new hardware upgrades for the 4G system -that doesn't come free. Also, when the 3G devices came out, data plans went up (look at iPhone plans, for instance!). We pay more for advanced devices -always have & always will. As 4G becomes more standard, pricing will lower, just as previous tech has always done....
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    This is not a big deal or shouldn't be one, reason; sprint won't or can't disable 4G service, so if you roam around the country your likely to come across 4G at some point and when you do you'll be using it, hence the charge. No big deal in my eyes, and will hopefully help speed up the build out of 4G.(thats a big hopefully)
    This is what i got. they want seamless 4G experience and i think it would be mucked up if they had to worry about if it was prt of your plan or not.

Hell, i'm sure if you get a dumb rep who doesn't activate the premium service everything would still work.

I am actually dropping my insurance though to make room for the $10 extra....i still pay less than almost everyone of my friends.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    This is what i got. they want seamless 4G experience and i think it would be mucked up if they had to worry about if it was prt of your plan or not.

Hell, i'm sure if you get a dumb rep who doesn't activate the premium service everything would still work.

I am actually dropping my insurance though to make room for the $10 extra....i still pay less than almost everyone of my friends.
    Good logic, find a way to make it work for you. That said you still get a good deal.
    The 10 bucks a month also gives you a true unlimited data plan on 3G and 4G. No 5GB cap.

I can't believe the complaining about this. If Palm's next Pre is 4G compatible I will gladly pay the extra 10 bucks a month, and 4G won't be in my area until the end of the year.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I think you should wait until 4G comes to your area, then the fee is justified for you. I agree there's no use paying for what you can't use and/or aren't getting. But that also means you need to wait before getting the Evo.

I know waiting sucks, but if the fee bothers you that much, wait anyway. It would be nice though, if they would agree to add that fee later when 4G is actually available for you. But I don't think you should count on that. Wouldn't hurt to just ask anyway though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast