1.    #1  
    PALM had a great run. Pre was nice.

But let's face it, after all this time, the apps suck compared to iPhone or Android.

PALM is folding, no one wants to buy it. Fail #1.

Apple has turned into Microsoft. Fail #2. Google is the new innovative, friendly, not-evil company. Android is growing FAST, and has more useful FREE apps than iPhone.

What will Palm/Pre lovers upgrade to for their next smartphone? The 'new' iPhone? Fail #3. I say F the iPhoney. Get an Android based phone!

Nexus One, Evo, Droid Incredible - these are what loyal Palm/Pre users should upgrade to next. Endless reasons for this. Unless Palm pulls out a hail mary quickly, I say we start a campaign to bolster Android now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by floydhead View Post
    PALM had a great run. Pre was nice.

But let's face it, after all this time, the apps suck compared to iPhone or Android.

PALM is folding, no one wants to buy it. Fail #1.

Apple has turned into Microsoft. Fail #2. Google is the new innovative, friendly, not-evil company. Android is growing FAST, and has more useful FREE apps than iPhone.

What will Palm/Pre lovers upgrade to for their next smartphone? The 'new' iPhone? Fail #3. I say F the iPhoney. Get an Android based phone!

Nexus One, Evo, Droid Incredible - these are what loyal Palm/Pre users should upgrade to next. Endless reasons for this. Unless Palm pulls out a hail mary quickly, I say we start a campaign to bolster Android now!!
    Nexus one is being called one of the biggest failures ever.

I'm going to tell you something, you may see Google as a "good company", and they may be right now, but anytime anyone gets so much power and so much information, they will turn bad.

I was fine with Google as a search engine, I was okay with a few things they were doing as far as Google Chrome and Google Maps.

I have a real problem that they are dipping into EVERY sector.

Moreover, I have a real problem with their new way of "buying themselves into a market".

Android phones are becoming big because Google is paying the carriers to carry their product.

Yeah, that's great. Real fair to other companies.

No thanks.

Also, can people stop buying into apps?
    Apps are nice, but 90%[if not more] of the apps that exist across the iPhone/Android markets are stupid.

I love the new Droid commercial where there's an app to determine the stars above you.
    Cool. No really, cool.
    Does it really have a practical use beyond just being a cool, novelty that will wear off after the first or second time?
    Nope.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I say you should post this somewhere people don't obviously love their Pre's
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Can these threads just get deleted? This is getting pretty stupid
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Hm... You're post is not going to get much praise.

On a serious note, Palm's going to do well with HP.
    I just hate how HP forgets the smartphone market... I could care less about tablets. Apple can do it with apps, but we'll see about WebOS. If they advertise it right....
    dont feed the trolls
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Hm... You're post is not going to get much praise.

On a serious note, Palm's going to do well with HP.
    I just hate how HP forgets the smartphone market... I could care less about tablets. Apple can do it with apps, but we'll see about WebOS. If they advertise it right....
    Has it been suggested that Webos will no longer be put on new smartphones and just tablets?
  8.    #9  
    Pre is dead. dead dead dead. Like i said, it had a nice run. it will be dismantled. Android is the future, just like Microsoft DOS & Windows hijacked IBM, Google will do the same to the smartphone.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Pre. But I know that within a year, I will want a new phone, along with everyone else in this group, and Palm won't have jack available.

That's the trend, folks. Whether you like it or not.
    raw android is unpolished, all over the place. Web os is seamless maybe that's why htc had to put make up on incredible to coverup uglyness. I think they need plastic surgery.

would you buy android tablet? I would buy web os tablet the min it comes out.
    read rewiews on htc incredible. People love it even though some say it already crashed couple times. Pres do too sometimes, but how long android is on the market?. Do you know why apple is so popular now? They make their own hardware and software. So does palm. Microsoft does not. It's windows 7 yay!! Keeps crashing after 18 years of improvement. Android 2.1 is doing same. Give it a year then state your opinion.
    Last edited by wildxconfusion; 05/14/2010 at 08:55 AM.
    Do you ever get the feeling that people like to stir things up?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Has the OP read the news lately? It seems your Android phone doesn't even know what's happening. In case you don't know HP, one of the biggest names in tech, is buying Palm. Why don't you Google that!
    yeah, don't give this guy the time of day. He obviously don't even know what's going on.
    Yea HP just bought palm and hyped up what they were going to do with WebOS just to flush it down the toilet the second they buy it. I mean that is what I would do if I had 1.2 billion dollars is just flush it down the toilet.