1.    #1  
    Report: 10 million CDMA iPhones on order Boy Genius Report

DigiTimes has released a pretty interesting report this morning, one that would have us believe that Apple has just placed an order for a whole whack of CDMA iPhones. The CDMA iPhone is to be built by Pegatron a subsidiary of ASUStek and the company is expected to deliver up to 10 million devices per year. Naturally, both Pegatron and Apple have declined to comment, but its pretty interesting that this rumor closely mirrors what the WSJ recently reported. Factor in that just two days ago we discovered that Verizon is working on an iPhone advertising blitz targeted for the end of summer and wed say these CDMA iPhone rumors are getting really, really hard to ignore.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Please let it be Sprint (yeah, I know its not)
    I hope it does come to Sprint for Sprint's sake. Not mine.

I own a 16GB iPod Touch. It's fun for games and media playing. I would not want to be dealing with that interface and its Windows Vista-esque notification popups for my daily smartphone activities. My wife who uses it much more than I do for media playing feels the same way. A QWERTY featurephone has pretty much everything she needs (LG Lotus).

But on either Sprint or Verizon, it would sell like crazy....for a time.
    I hope it doesn't come to Sprint, or our data will be a bit more bogged.
    This is completely discounting the 2012 exclusivity deal that has been revealed.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20004713-260.html

The basic thought is that this could show up in China, not VZW or Sprint.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    when I used to work at the shack our sprint/tmobile reps told us they will be gettin I phone this summer and maybe a 4G end of the year. Tmobile dropped palm for this type of deal, and if you notice no word at all from tmobile on any palm phones. I'll expect this kind of info to be show off in june in their conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    This is completely discounting the 2012 exclusivity deal that has been revealed.

Does AT&T have iPhone exclusivity until 2012? | Circuit Breaker - CNET News

The basic thought is that this could show up in China, not VZW or Sprint.
    +1
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    when I used to work at the shack our sprint/tmobile reps told us they will be gettin I phone this summer and maybe a 4G end of the year. Tmobile dropped palm for this type of deal, and if you notice no word at all from tmobile on any palm phones. I'll expect this kind of info to be show off in june in their conference.
    are you ill or something wheres your evidence that Tmobile above all people dropped Palm........didnt think so. Radio shak has more bs rumors then media takeout. Think about it if the iphone was coming to Tmobile it would have by now (GSM too) but Apple wouldn't make that much money on a 4th rate maybe selling US verison type company anyday. Palm is not concerned with selling a phone at this time with Tmobile, metro pcs or any one of these third rate companies only the major players. Also there is no 4G iphone.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    isn't t-mobile gsm? therefore they wouldn't have much use for cdma iphone
    It keeps getting worse andd worse for WebOS.
    also the idea for every company is to provide your customers with each and every available phone and OS on the market (hmm think why would AT&T get the palm pre plus when its direct competition to the iphone hmmmmm). That means more customer for you, companys really don't care whos cell phone companies they get as long as they think they can sell them, and its going to draw some sort of crowd. So if Tmobile was smart (which they arent) they would have tried their hardest to get a Web OS phone in their lineup to compete with the bigboys.
    Remember that VZW is partially owned by Vodaphone, so it is equally likely that this pertains to Europe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Remember that VZW is partially owned by Vodaphone, so it is equally likely that this pertains to Europe...
    Yeah, but isnt Vodaphone service in europe GSM?