Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i want more browser options
    see their dolphin hd browser to see why i'm posting this thread
    Last edited by double1; 05/13/2010 at 12:56 AM.
    waaaa, what the hell is wrong with our browser now?
    I'm sure we will be getting font options and word wrapping soon so is there something else?
    no need for a homepage, we have launcher icons, bookmarks, universal search, double tap, pinch-to-zoom...
    tell you what, want blazer back?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    tabbed browsing. imbedded tabs in the browser
    must see this browser to know why i'm crying
    Last edited by double1; 05/13/2010 at 12:53 AM.
    Who needs tabbed browsing when you have cards browsing!
    Why the need for a tabbed browser when you can have multiple browser cards open and use the advanced gesture to swipe across the gesture area to go from one to the other? Plus you can rearrange the cards in any order you want so you can put all the browser cards together.
    I am, therefore I think
    damnit! You beat me to the punch clayclay350! Lol

yeah that browser looks like a half *** cobb-job of webos , waaay to much **** going on.

I would much rather just slide my finger to the left or right to switch between open web pages like we can.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Who needs tabbed browsing when you have cards browsing!
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Why the need for a tabbed browser when you can have multiple browser cards open and use the advanced gesture to swipe across the gesture area to go from one to the other? Plus you can rearrange the cards in any order you want so you can put all the browser cards together.
    just posted video to their dolphin hd browser. watch in hd fullscreen lol
    if you see this you will know what i'm talking about. should have posted it in original comment, but it just hit me
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    damnit! You beat me to the punch clayclay350! Lol

yeah that browser looks like a half *** cobb-job of webos , waaay to much **** going on.

I would much rather just slide my finger to the left or right to switch between open web pages like we can.
    sorry, i think i changed the video. whoah is me, but i got it right now. the dolphin browser is sick with video downloads in the browser, add ons similar to firefox desktop, the gestures feature in the browser. wow.
    me thinks he hasn't figured out advanced gestures yet...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    **** this I'm going to the phandroid pages where this thread will be appreciated. later
    Last edited by double1; 05/13/2010 at 01:26 AM.
    Touchy! We just disagree that the browser in your video is an upgrade.
    seriously, ours shows downloads too... Big woop.
    ....bet he didn't read the manual, lol ok palm could have released a little better how to guide from the bat I will agree with though
    seriously, ours shows downloads too... Big woop.
    ....bet he didn't read the manual, lol ok palm could have released a little better how to guide from the bat I will agree with though
    haha yeah same here. I saw the video already and it's nothing special. the webOS browser does the same stuff lol.
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i guess i'm just peaved at all the options android users are getting in such short time. I mean lets face it, google is the innovator of almost (or all) of the technologies that we love. The are moving forwards at a tumultuous pace. When could any of of ever say that HP was moving at such leaps? HP has 1/10th of the $ that google has and 1/10th of the developer power that google has. How are we as webos <3'ers gonna expect to keep pace with alll of this. And with the evo 4g now 3 weeks away, how many Pre users will we lose? I just wanna be assured that webos doesn't get rolled over by the steamroller<---google
    Last edited by double1; 05/13/2010 at 01:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    i guess i'm just peaved at all the options android users are getting in such short time. I mean lets face it, google is the innovator of almost (or all) of the technologies that we love. The are moving forwards at a tumultuous pace. When could any of of ever say that HP was moving at such leaps? HP has 1/10th of the $ that google has and 1/10th of the developer power that google has. How are we as webos <3'ers gonna expect to keep pace with alll of this. And with the evo 4g now 3 weeks away, how many Pre users will we lose? I just wanna be assured that webos doesn't get rolled over by the steamroller<---google
    I feel like I could argue against those two points you made (which I conveniently highlighted ) but I'm tired and don't feel like it. But yeah, I disagree.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    I've used dolphin and the other browsers on Android, uninstalled them immediately. The grass only looks greener, it may seem like android phones get a lot of updates but remember how splintered the platform already is, most updates are only good for one or two phones and unless you have the N1 you have to wait for your carrier, not google to come through.
    also the reason for such an explosion of apps with android and why I wouldn't develop for them is the piracy of the apps, it's rampant and I don't just mean the open source free ones. No thanks. And the security of open source? Yeah explain that one
    also the reason for such an explosion of apps with android and why I wouldn't develop for them is the piracy of the apps, it's rampant and I don't just mean the open source free ones.
    Piracy only happens with something that's popular and profitable, but I don't see how piracy is contributing to Android's "explosion of apps." You think the current tally of Android apps includes ones which are being pirated and resold?

And the security of open source? Yeah explain that one
    Seriously? You don't understand how the security of software with included source code couldn't be more easily understood than software with code completely hidden from the user?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Why do you need 4 Toyotas if you have Ferrari?
    how'd you know I have 4 toyotas? Lol
    and my question about open source security was more of an opened ended question. Wasn't really meant to be serious, I just find it funny, open and secure just don't sound like they go together, but lets face it, there hasn't been any complaints of security in android has there?