Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    My apologies, of course, if this has already been posted, but I have a friend who is a manager of a verizon store and he said he was just informed that they aren't allowed to take vacations the entire month of August because of a "huge event." He's thinking it's possibly the iPhone, but only because he doesn't know what else could be so big that it would shut down vacations for the entire month. Just fyi to anyone who hasn't heard this yet.
    the iphone isn't coming to verizon it was all over endgadget
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Really? All I saw was the article saying the contract was originally through 2012, but that numerous factors could have altered that deal, and that the bottom line was that they just didn't know when the contract ended. Maybe you're talking about a different article that was "all over engadget" though. If so, it seems reasonable to assume that if not the iphone then it's some other big deal if they're blacking out vacations for a whole month when that's never happened before.
    friend of mine is a regional manager and family member a store manager, they both said last they heard they were getting it late summer if the deal goes through, but it's merely rumor mill they hear it through so there isn't any merit to it yet. They won't be told they can't say anyting till they get told it's not a rumor and it's happening so time will tell.
    VZW's first big Android Tablet. You heard it here first.