Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    I think their next divice needs to be a slate. No doors. No sliders. No buttons. No hinges. Nothing to go wrong hardware wise. Just blow people away with WebOS.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think their next divice needs to be a slate. No doors. No sliders. No buttons. No hinges. Nothing to go wrong hardware wise. Just blow people away with WebOS.
    yes! This! Gesture arean on top and bottom. No buttons.
  3. #23  
    I wrote this in response to another thread.

    Well, this is the way I look at it, as a premier customer Sprint allows you to trade yearly, so I will take advantage of the that. I love my Pre and webos but i'm not in love with it besides the longer I wait the longer to my next phone and I better trade now while its worth something. I always use the money from my phone sale to pay for most of the new phone. I want to buy my phones in June that seems like when Sprint brings out its premier phones. The market will soon be flooded with used Pre"s and i'll be lucky if I can give it away. I checked ebay the bids are very low to 0 and why bid when you can get a new one for $30,$40 with contract or they are giving them away. Lets face it the Pre is a nice phone but its a year old platform(old news), sorry! The Pre is trading in right now from $71 to $125 without touchstone and my launch Pre is in like new condition, not a mark.
  4. double1's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #24  
    and when the iphone 4g drops there will be more people talking about jumping ship. What is it we expect from our smartphones? Do we expect them to somehow replace desk/laptop computing and bring forth some kind of computing revolution? I for one am tired of getting fat and old sitting in front of my laptop screen waiting for something new to pop up and change my lifestyle. I must say that smartphones have a chance to get me out of my house and off my *** into the world, but not until i am satisfied with the specs of the said device,
    Geniusphones
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You guys are funny!

    Sprint is the only carrier That lets you upgrade yearly and Palm is not exclusive to Sprint so they dont have to come up w/ a new device every year on the dot to kiss your A S S.

    Palm has been working extremely fast to get the Updates out as well as 3 devices and multiple carrier launches in under a Yr.

    Lets review,
    1) MULTIPLE software revisions ( dont say they should have had before launch because youd still be waiting for webos and Palm WOULD be dead)
    2)3 devices in under a yr (dont say Pre and + are 1 device because w/ hardware revisions there are many internal changes and designs to be approved)
    3) MULTIPLE carrier launches ( not sure how many exactly but its at least 6 which all have custom software)
    Not to mention dealing w/the sale to HP and Ruby has stated many time that there are numerous devices in the pipeline for this yr.
    Palm WILL keep up w/the technology as there is no way ANY smartphone mfg will put a 500 mhz processor in a new device.
    That would be like GM putting previous gen motors in their new models. That makes no sense at all and Palm is not stupid. I mean they created the single greatest OS on the market and Android isnt even close to the refinement of WebOs, sense/ui or not its still crap.
    At least w/ WebOs youlll get little updates almost monthly to improve your experience unlike Android where youll be lucky to get any. All Palm phones get the new firmware,Android doesnt ( for the most part)


    Id say Palm has done VERY well thus far and deserves a break from the EVO lovers.
    Very intelligent post in thought....hmmmm....however, in this vicious market corporations don't have time for sympathizers like you. Just as Pre was supposed to bring Palm out of death its outdate platform and horrible build quality placed Palm right were it is today. SOLD!!! You post speaks to a utopia world but reality says that Webos is about to lose even more marketshare when this EVO thing drops. It does simplistic things that the Pre fails to do in 2010. It actually does things that the 755p did 3 years ago that the Pre doesn't. You give sympathy to Palm but I give it a fat thumbs down in execution and marketing innovation. Im just saying!
  6. #26  
    As market trends are heading consumers are expecting to pay 600 dollars for a replacement to Cameras, laptops, MP3 players, and PDA in a small but effective manner. This is why it is called a "Smartphone".. Ever wonder why the PDA is non existent these days?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Maybe with the old PDA lines, but since the Treo 600, Palm products have been leaked/announced months ahead of their actual release dates - 2 to 3 months ahead of a release (except the Pre, that was 6 months and the Pixie, that was 4 months). Where did you come up with that notion?
    Palm, since those Treo days, is a completely different company. I don't think you can make that supposition. They were tight-lipped about the Pre and Pixi.

    Ruby, in the last earning call, confirmed a new handset this year. I don't think that HP would subvert a plan that would maintain Palm's handset course that is soon for release.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You guys are funny!

    Sprint is the only carrier That lets you upgrade yearly ...
    I've learned 3 things when I switched from the Sprint Hero to the Verizon Droid Incredible (no coverage at new work location):

    1. Verizon has unlimited data on the PHONE.
    2. You can upgrade your phone yearly at new user price if you have a phone plan that is $59.99 or higher.
    3. If you wait the 2 years, you get an extra $50 off the new user price.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Palm, since those Treo days, is a completely different company. I don't think you can make that supposition. They were tight-lipped about the Pre and Pixi.
    Here on earth the Pre was officially announced on 9 Jan 2009 and released on 6 June 2009 (5 months later) and the Pixi was officially announced on 8 September 2009 and released on 15 November 2009 (2+ months later) although Engadget beat that announcement with an April 2009 article with pictures (7+ months early). In my book, that's not particularly "tight-lipped." Based on this supposed "tight-lipped" discipline demonstrated by Palm on the Pixi, if announced today, the next phone couldn't be released before the end of July - which will be right in the middle of the HP takeover so it wouldn't happen then - but the October-November timeframe is a lot more likely.

    And the company's not so much different today than 5 years ago. They still sell phones with a clever, useful user interface, lowball, lowest-bidder hardware, and can't concoct a commercial that clicks with their intended market. One big difference between the old guard and the new Palm is the new Palm can't keep their customer numbers or their stock price climbing.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Here on earth the Pre was officially announced on 9 Jan 2009 and released on 6 June 2009 (5 months later) and the Pixi was officially announced on 8 September 2009 and released on 15 November 2009 (2+ months later) although Engadget beat that announcement with an April 2009 article with pictures (7+ months early). In my book, that's not particularly "tight-lipped." Based on this supposed "tight-lipped" discipline demonstrated by Palm on the Pixi, if announced today, the next phone couldn't be released before the end of July - which will be right in the middle of the HP takeover so it wouldn't happen then - but the October-November timeframe is a lot more likely.

    And the company's not so much different today than 5 years ago. They still sell phones with a clever, useful user interface, lowball, lowest-bidder hardware, and can't concoct a commercial that clicks with their intended market. One big difference between the old guard and the new Palm is the new Palm can't keep their customer numbers or their stock price climbing.
    OK..I agree
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    ... if announced today, the next phone couldn't be released before the end of July - which will be right in the middle of the HP takeover so it wouldn't happen then - but the October-November timeframe is a lot more likely.
    This sounds like the timeframe Palm was planning based on Palm's projections in its recent proxy filing (see my thoughts in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/future-...device-q2.html )

    Of course, I don't know what influence the HP takeover might have on this timeframe.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions