Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I'm glad they didn't. I feel like the mobile world needs some escape from big brother. Apple would've locked it down and kept us from being able to use patches, homebrew apps, etc. Microsoft would've made sure all legacy WinMo apps ran on it and it would crash on us multiple times a day.
    And, of course, we all know how well known MS is for releasing product that is totally bug free, never crashes, and never needs update bug fixes.
    I'd like to hear more from those who switched.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I have both the Pre and a disabled iPhone so I'd say keep the iphone and just tether it to the Pre. As down as some people are on the iPhone, it has all the apps and you'll quickly learn that the Pre is quite app deficient.

(Personally, the pre was a novelty. In the end I would prefer an Iphone or Droid on Sprint)
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And, of course, we all know how well known MS is for releasing product that is totally bug free, never crashes, and never needs update bug fixes.
    and now Palm owns those stereotypes.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    You know, I wouldn't pay $400 for a Pre+ but I'd really like to know what the folks that that say the phone on the Pre is aweful are smoking. Compared to the iPhone the Pre and Pre+ are light years ahead in my experience. My friends were always asking me to speak up on the iPhone, I had fading in and out and don't get me started on the AT&T dropped call issues. I've had my pre for 8 months now and haven't had a single dropped call and can hear everyone I speak to crisp and clear.

It really does seem that now Palm have fixed most of the hardware issues, all of a sudden the "phone quality sucks". Pointing out the benefits of the iPhone over the Pre is fine don't get me wrong. There are quite a few to point out. But the latest "problem" with the Pre as a phone seems to be a little too convenient if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    and now Palm owns those stereotypes.
    I'm sure it's like most things people own. If the person wants to dislike it, they'll find plenty of excuses. Those that want to use it, will find plenty of ways.
    Is there a set date for the 4th Gen iPhone launch yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is there a set date for the 4th Gen iPhone launch yet?
    Most likely it will be around the same time as the previous years for the iPhone.

Near the end of June I believe, might be July.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm sure it's like most things people own. If the person wants to dislike it, they'll find plenty of excuses. Those that want to use it, will find plenty of ways.
    And what benefit do you see in people buying a Pre, signing a 2yr contract and then buying another phone 1yr later?

do you really feel that people actively choose phones that don't fit their needs or is it at all possible that a product fell short of it's expectations leaving the end user unhappy?

Blaming the consumer for the faults of the corporation is ridiculous.

(BTW. I am happy with my Pre now that I lowered my expectations. Paired with my dead iPhone it's a "tolerable" combination.)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345