Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I wonder what Android sales would be if only 2 models were available on one carrier and they were practically giving them away. I bet not so good.

And, I wonder what would happen if the iPhone was also available on Verizon and Sprint?

The goal is not to sell the most phones, the goal is to be the most profitable. Just ask Nokia.
    2 things -

1- Apple is being very litigeous right now because they see the writing on the wall... they are turning into an also ran in their own market.

2- If Apple moved to Verizon or Sprint, I think it would be their downfall. Apple thrives on the exclusive nature of their products. They price their laptops/desktop computers so high that people feel like they really have something that others do not.

They cannot do that with the iPhone because there is too much competition. That is why the have gone and will continue to go all-in with AT&T. If you give another 100 million people a chance to get the iPhone, it won't be as cool anymore. Apple will then have to put out multiple different models which will not make them very profitable.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  2.    #22  
    Really? Then who buys 50 million iPhones and then doesn't use them? I for sure don't want to pay for something I'm not going to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I wonder what Android sales would be if only 2 models were available on one carrier and they were practically giving them away. I bet not so good.

And, I wonder what would happen if the iPhone was also available on Verizon and Sprint?

The goal is not to sell the most phones, the goal is to be the most profitable. Just ask Nokia.
    only 2 model, lol, thats unreasonable assumption, every company has their own business model, windows beats mac's pants off, and who is questioning MS's open business model against apple's "integrated solution"?

Google chosen open method, and thats a option apple could take, which they didn't.

Apple locked into with ATT, now you make it sounds a bad deal for apple? and why do you think apple was that stupid to take such a deal in 2007? You can't ignore the huge profit apple took from the ATT deal and only emphasize the unfavorable side of the deal.

Yeah, the goal is to make most money, but sure there are more than one way to get there, ramp up market share, and get more money from bigger sale is surely a proven way.

Why everybody should think the "apple way"? I sure hope people also think in "MS way", "ATT way", "Google way". "HTC way". why not? all are involved!
    I wonder what Android sales would be like w/o HTC hw?

The only reason I'd ever consider Android is because of the HTC hw. Those HTC specs are attracting lots of my friends, even though WebOS is superior in many, many ways. Their main reason for Android adaptation, "the hw."

I asked them about the number apps available in Android and most said "the number of apps available don't amount to much if you don't have rockin' hw to support them."
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Really? Then who buys 50 million iPhones and then doesn't use them? I for sure don't want to pay for something I'm not going to use.
    A large proportion of those phones are now in desk drawers, recycling centers, or (unfortunately) landfills. Lots of 1G people upgraded to the 3G, and then the 3GS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    The only reason I'd ever consider Android is because of the HTC hw. Those HTC specs are attracting lots of my friends, even though WebOS is superior in many, many ways. Their main reason for Android adaptation, "the hw."
    That's not gonna drive long-term adoption. It's a geek impulse with a bit of good old American "mine is bigger than yours" mixed in, too. A bit like the megahertz wars of years gone by.

Ultimately, Android is winning because it's everywhere, and it's much cheaper than Apple's stuff.

Palm isn't everywhere (yet). Once HP gets it everywhere, on every carrier, in a variety of form factors, at a lower price, it should do quite well. It's certainly a higher quality, more elegant form factor than Android. We shall see...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12