Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    I think you need to focus more on using spell-check than trolling the forums looking for posts to be a dlckhead in.

Your analogy is horrible. Go find another post to act like a 3 year old in.
    FYI, it isn't an analogy, its a corollary. If you hate to be the one, it follows that you wouldn't do it.

It's also Irony, in that you are doing the thing you hate. That's similar (not analogous) another equally ironic statement where one declares they are being honest to differentiate normal speech. If one can assume you are always being honest, that is redundant just as this thread is redundant.

and when I turn 4, I'll be even more clever.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    For those thinking about the EVO:
    - Every phone has it's faults and this one will be no exception
    - Don't live up to the hype. Once the hype dies, you might regret buying it.
    - Truthfully, you might be so accustomed to WebOS that Android will be painful. I'm not kidding either. I messed with my friends Android which was neat at first since it was different, but it was painful in actually usability.
    - WebOS 2nd Gen?
    - Once you buy the EVO, there is just gonna be another gadget that will be more prestige than your brand new precious.

This has happened with Droid, Hero, Moment, Nexus One, and now the EVO. Same process over again.
    All your points are valid. And, I know that migrating away from webOS will most definitely not be easy (especially from a usability standpoint). I know the lifespan of having new and exciting technology is very short, but I can't keep waiting. I know Palm has it's agenda and it's following through. I have no doubt that if I did leave, I would probably be back to webOS at some point.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Goodbye to you and anyone else who feels the same. We know you will be back. Enjoy throwing money away on an OS that will not be able to compare.

Re-read the post. I know the OS is superior. This is not about webOS vs. Android. This is about the original Pre's hardware that is KNOWN to be lackluster...
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    FYI, it isn't an analogy, its a corollary. If you hate to be the one, it follows that you wouldn't do it.

It's also Irony, in that you are doing the thing you hate. That's similar (not analogous) another equally ironic statement where one declares they are being honest to differentiate normal speech. If one can assume you are always being honest, that is redundant just as this thread is redundant.

and when I turn 4, I'll be even more clever.
    Hahaha. You must have turned spell-check on for that one!
    Reread my post. I didn't try to argue or convince you to stay. Just saying goodbye and I will see you later.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    Hahaha. You must have turned spell-check on for that one!
    LOL the first one was typed on my Pre+ in the dark. I whipped out my netbook for the next one... you inspired me.
    FYI, another pet peeve is use of the non-word "irregardless" which is incorrectly used where the intent is "regardless" or "irrelevant".

By combining the terms it creates a double neative and reduces it to a non-word that actually has no direct meaning.

...just in case you were wondering.
    What a derail guys.

<<closed>>

Post in one of the already active threads in "Cross Platform Chat"
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12