Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    rip-off, but the hardware looks a lot better made. The keyboard looks a lot nicer as well. No one knows much about the new OS 6, I'll take webOS anyday. The screen is supposed to be the same size as the Storm. What do you all think? Do you think this will pull a lot of sales away from the Pre? Thoughts? I hate copycats.

RIM's BlackBerry Bold slider with OS 6 does a little dance, gets down tonight (video) -- Engadget
    not for me anyway...but others do love their bb.
    wait so anythin that's a slider and full qwerty keyboard a ripoff of a pre ? I really don't give a **** if there's and iphone rip or EVO rip a phones a phones and lets see how this one runs. And yea I'll choose this year phone over last years model, for a phone that's a year old it's outdated already.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Talk about RIM innovation. Wait till Ruby comes out with his shiny new toy.
    the good news is that multi-touch wont work on any blackberry ever shipped to date. That puts Blackberry back to zero with their installed base. If they have to buy a new phone anyway, many of them will consider alternatives. Unfortunately most phones look exactly alike today. I was at Best Buy this week, and I could barely find the Pre in the sea of phones they have out - and I knew what I was looking for...
    I just don't get why people like BBs so much, it's like the nintendo of the mobile world, much better specs out there
    No Touchstone, no webOS, crappy OS but nice hardware.

A great example of why software -- not hardware -- matters.
    Here are some other pics, I really like the form factor of the Pre, I hope Palm delivers on their next device, I am holding out... but not forever.

Please deliver Palm

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I kinda like the keyboard.

OS? no thanks, not for me.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    No Touchstone, no webOS, crappy OS but nice hardware.

A great example of why software -- not hardware -- matters.
    Not to sound like a jerk, but the Curve has the crappiest OS and hardware out there, and the thing sells like hot cakes. It's the name, not the OS or hardware.
    Does it have a touchscreen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but the Curve has the crappiest OS and hardware out there, and the thing sells like hot cakes. It's the name, not the OS or hardware.
    Well you do sound like a jerk since the title of the link says this model BB has an OS that's a full version newer than the newest Curve has ... although I suspect you're actually talking about OS 4 (not the current OS 5 or the yet-to-be released OS 6 in the Engadget article) which is like saying you don't like the Pre because Palm's Garnet OS is so crappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I just don't get why people like BBs so much, it's like the nintendo of the mobile world, much better specs out there
    How does 48 hour battery life to you sound? Or build-quality like a tank. Business love BB because of their amazing email and messaging support. BB are very business centric, and people have used them for years. Like many people on these forums, when they find something they like, they stick to it.

Also there are people like my sister (uses a Sprint 8530) who are not gadget nerds. They want a solid phone, that lets them message fast, takes pictures/video and has a long battery life. That is a large market.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    rip-off, but the hardware looks a lot better made. The keyboard looks a lot nicer as well. No one knows much about the new OS 6, I'll take webOS anyday. The screen is supposed to be the same size as the Storm. What do you all think? Do you think this will pull a lot of sales away from the Pre? Thoughts? I hate copycats.

RIM's BlackBerry Bold slider with OS 6 does a little dance, gets down tonight (video) -- Engadget
    here's hoping it doesnt have build quality issues...
    some more pics here. Actually looks like a nice device. But looks pretty thick too.

New BlackBerry Bold 9800 pics leak out Boy Genius Report
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    good info for those that keep whining that Palm needs a slab to compete with iPhone. At least one other company believes in a physical keyboard. Maybe RIM would be willing to manufacture Palm's hardware since they are known for awesome keyboards...
    I bet the 9800 won't have even hardware issues since RIM knows how to make a rock solid phone!
    I'm loving it
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    yeah Rim can make solid phones.

Also, OS6 doesn't look bad. Atleast it's more stylish...
    This'll probably be good for business users who want a bit more eyecandy.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post

Ok, let me get this straight:

It's a rip off but the hardware "looks" better than the Pre.
    No one knows OS6 but WebOS is better.
    You very much dislike copycats.

If you're going to complain about the hardware or software at least have some supporting evidence. Feelings don't make a good case at all.

Not sure where you're going with this but, as a side note, what does it matter if some other device "looks" remotely like the Pre?

Did anyone scream copycat when the Droid variants came out and had similar dimensions to the iphone? Maybe a couple but nothing that can be considered serious.

I did a quick search as the video link you posted had the video removed. Yeah, it slides but doesn't really look like the Pre at all unless, of course, you count a slider as Pre like.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast