Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q210-att-iphone-exclusivity-extended-2011/

    boohoo...lol...

    thank God..now maybe the Pre will get more of the recognition it deserves
  2. #2  
    This can hardly be a shocker... one of the reasons the iPhone does as well as it does is because of its exclusivity. Allowing any mobile user to use the phone may seem like good business, but imagine how cool it would be to pay for first class when the only difference between first class and coach was the color of the chair.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  3.    #3  
    what got me more was the reasoning behind it. Apple must be a big believer In AT&T...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    what got me more was the reasoning behind it. Apple must be a big believer In AT&T...
    I think they believe in the system they created in the US with exclusivity. Adding Verizon dilutes the coolness factor of having an iPhone.

    It would stop being, "ooooooh you have an iPhone", and it would become, "meh.... you have an iPhone...".
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  5.    #5  
    you mean apple's control issues...lol

    it's a joke to me how the 'God of all devices' (as I've heard it called)..couldnt even multitask..

    I'll never own one. I won't feed Jobbs' desire to be king of the planet..
  6. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #6  
    Well I started looking at things objectively, and realized that back in 2007 this iphone was the only thing in the market that was so advanced and out of everyone's league.

    That's why average consumers consider apple the best. However, that's not true.
    Especially with Google around the corner.
  7. #7  
    AT&T is paying huge money for this right. They know that half of their iPhone base would leave instantly if they could get an iPhone on VZ. Heck, I would buy an iPhone if it was on Verizon (well, I would have before the Pre+ arrived...)

    I'll bet AT&T is paying more for every handset, and all kinds of other fees to Apple to hold on to this. And I'll bet no other carrier is willing to do that because they don't want their network to get screwed up the way AT&T's network did with the incredible volume and inefficient traffic generated by iPhones. AT&T still hasn't recovered from that.

    So, Jobs sits back and waits until VZ and other meet his demands while threatening AT&T to keep the money flowing. Pretty sweet for Apple.

    Meanwhile, don't be making fun of apple or you will have to apologize...

    Ellen Degeneres makes fun of iPhone, Apple cries foul | Gear Live
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    you mean apple's control issues...lol

    it's a joke to me how the 'God of all devices' (as I've heard it called)..couldnt even multitask..

    I'll never own one. I won't feed Jobbs' desire to be king of the planet..
    Jobs doesn't want to be king, he wants to be chief designer and marketing spokesman for the planet.

    Up next, iTrees, iCars, iBuildings, iPlanes, iStreets, iHouses.... all of which will me magical and amazing...

  9.    #9  
    lol @ making fun of apple...

    I agree they set the bar at one point but like you said...since my Pre I have no interest in anything else, especially anything that starts with 'i'.

    what's the purpose of apple putting restrictions on their products so that others can't work with em (i.e. The pre working with iTunes)? Maybe jobbs is afraid he may lose some of that control...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    lol @ making fun of apple...

    I agree they set the bar at one point but like you said...since my Pre I have no interest in anything else, especially anything that starts with 'i'.

    what's the purpose of apple putting restrictions on their products so that others can't work with em (i.e. The pre working with iTunes)? Maybe jobbs is afraid he may lose some of that control...
    Better be careful on that aversion to "i" anything. Remember that HP could revive the iPaq name for future WebOS devices... Which I think would be a great way to grab some headlines and create market buzz.

    Apple would certainly sue (since iPaq had nothing to do with phones/internet/etc) and it would be such fun to watch.

    And people would finally know what the heck webOS is...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Better be careful on that aversion to "i" anything. Remember that HP could revive the iPaq name for future WebOS devices... Which I think would be a great way to grab some headlines and create market buzz.

    Apple would certainly sue (since iPaq had nothing to do with phones/internet/etc) and it would be such fun to watch.

    And people would finally know what the heck webOS is...
    iPaq preceded just about everything Apple. No way to sue regarding that. My first iPaq back in 2001 could access the interent too.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  12.    #12  
    true that...webOS definitely needs recognition..

    I'm still on the fence bout the HP thing..i have never been an HP fan, however, if they keep this precious OS alive then I can be converted..to a certain degree..
  13. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #13  
    I am so tired of hearing about the iPhone. People will come in and ask are we going to get the iPhone; always, my response is hopefully never. It is a toy first and a phone second.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
  14.    #14  
    well now you can tell em 'not for at least another year'
  15. #15  
    Engadget just posted an article that seems to go against the article posted by the OP.

    Verizon iPhone chatter is getting harder (than usual) to ignore -- Engadget
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Better be careful on that aversion to "i" anything. Remember that HP could revive the iPaq name for future WebOS devices... Which I think would be a great way to grab some headlines and create market buzz.

    Apple would certainly sue (since iPaq had nothing to do with phones/internet/etc) and it would be such fun to watch.

    And people would finally know what the heck webOS is...
    I would like to see HP go with the TouchSmart "line" for the next webOS device(s).

    http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/touchsmart/
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    This can hardly be a shocker... one of the reasons the iPhone does as well as it does is because of its exclusivity. Allowing any mobile user to use the phone may seem like good business, but imagine how cool it would be to pay for first class when the only difference between first class and coach was the color of the chair.
    You don't really believe this, do you?
  18. #18  
    Old news, the rumors are back to saying Verizon will get the iPhone this summer

    Verizon iPhone chatter is getting harder (than usual) to ignore -- Engadget
  19.    #19  
    old news? The article is dated may 6th...yesterday. Endgadget seems to want the iphone on vzw just as bad as all the apple ******* who have it but hate at&t's pathetic service. The contract was originally up in june but sources are saying they confirmed the contract extension. The VZW iphone is still a rumor. Guess we'll find out for sure in a month..
  20. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    This can hardly be a shocker... one of the reasons the iPhone does as well as it does is because of its exclusivity.
    I don't understand that. As many iPhone users as there are, there are many many more that CAN'T buy an iPhone because of the carrier. So if the iPhone were available on Verizon, TMo and Sprint then their marketshare would only go up.

    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Allowing any mobile user to use the phone may seem like good business, but imagine how cool it would be to pay for first class when the only difference between first class and coach was the color of the chair.
    And that statement makes even less sense. I'm in LA and our company uses Sprint. My brother in Missouri equips his staff with ATT. My friend in Chicago uses Verizon. These choices arent made due to aesthetics, it's based purely on which carrier is best in a very specific region.

    So since every region has a "superior" carrier then offering it on all carriers gives the user a better experience and that's "good business" for Apple.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions