1.    #1  
    They announced today that two new devices will be coming out on their network this year and they are coming from Samsung and HTC... no word on Palm :-(
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
  2.    #2  
    oops forgot the link from my twitter feed No Palm 4G Phone this Year? | PalmNewsDaily.com
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    I am making the switch to the Evo or Nexus One when they are available
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

4G is nowhere near me in syracuse. Its not a big selling point yet....
    i'm in the middle of nowhere... 4g will NEVER be out in this area. Not a big selling point for most people who dont live in large metro areas.
    EVO is to NO KEYBOARD as PALM is to I'LL WAIT!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    if I remember correctly reading this on engadget, it relates to their own network not sprints. I believe engadget believed it was a winphon7 htc and not an evo.
    Dumb conclusion. If there is a Palm 4G phone, it's unannounced and top secret. There is zero chance Clearwire would say anything about it. It's not like Clearwire said there would not be a Palm 4G phone. They simply didn't list one.

The author is either really bad at reading comprehension, or just looking to drive hits to his site.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    4G is nowhere near me in syracuse. Its not a big selling point yet....

ah but 4g will be rolled out to you (and me in nyc!) by the end of the year.

good thing too, since I will be spending a lotta time at/near syracuse.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    PalmDailyNews clearly sucks at reading.....

their source...
    Clearwire to Sell Samsung, HTC Phones; Adds Subs | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

and engadget...
    Clearwire promises Clear-branded HTC and Samsung WiMAX phones this year -- Engadget

Two phones released this year that have 4G capabilities, and Android phone from Samsung and a phone from HTC in which they wouldn't mention the OS (though they did say they were not talking about the Evo 4G) would be coming out with their branding on the phone.

It doesn't mean no other 4G phones are coming out, just none with the Clearwire branding on them.

Still, not a huge deal to me if Palm makes a 4G this year or not. I am just annoyed by the spreading of BS by a website like PalmDailyNews. Guess PreCentral gets my views and not them for a reason.
    Palm can keep EvDo and not have a 4G phone as long as it's as fast as it is now. Plus, if it doesn't kill the battery super freakin fast, I'll stick with EvDo/3G.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    EVO is to NO KEYBOARD as PALM is to I'LL WAIT!
    People still whining about software keyboard?
    I like hardware keyboards and all, but seriously?

I messed around with a friend's android phone that had swype on it... I could get used to that.
    software keyboards are "ok" if the device is powerful enough. Try typing a message on a MyTouch... PAINFUL. And even on devices like the Nexus or iPhone, you simply cannot type as efficiently and need to rely on auto-correction too much. I know cause I have experiences in all three devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post

Nyc is a ways off from syracuse you'd be lucky if 4g reaches up there esp in the beginning when it's rolled out, if the walmart deal goes through than you'll be set I'm assuming
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post

I see NYC mentioned, but nothing about upstate or central ny....

It's a 5-6 hour drive from the city, I would be shocked to see 4G available in Syracuse this year.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I was hoping it would get Columbia, SC... atleast the major cities in most states would be good.
    Keep in mind that Clearwire is far from the only 4G player. Verizon and AT&T will be launching LTE networks -- perhaps Palm's 4G development is focused on the GSM LTE standard and not the Intel WiMax one.

If I was running the show at Palm, I'd consider how well my last exclusive launch on Sprint went, and would consider developing a phone I could launch on the bigger networks -- those would be Verizon and AT&T LTE, not Sprint/Clearwire WiMax.

Just my $0.02.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Keep in mind that Clearwire is far from the only 4G player. Verizon and AT&T will be launching LTE networks -- perhaps Palm's 4G development is focused on the GSM LTE standard and not the Intel WiMax one.

If I was running the show at Palm, I'd consider how well my last exclusive launch on Sprint went, and would consider developing a phone I could launch on the bigger networks -- those would be Verizon and AT&T LTE, not Sprint/Clearwire WiMax.

Just my $0.02.
    I don't have the facts in front of me, but wasn't Sprint's launch much better than Verizon's???
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
    I think it was better then verizoms and I don't think keeping phones on verizon and att benefit everyone. Sprint still is number three, and it may even eventually rise to number two or one. Att has a leg up with data and phone at once, but they are spotty and I hear nothing but complaints (not saying it's bad service just that it's not perfect enoug for everyone to switch to for a phone) verizon has steep pricing and sprint is a great alternative to verizon and someday tmobile will be to att. People need choice and making a user base which started on sprint have to move to a carrier which may not work well in their area or fit in their budget is not a way to keep loyal customers. I think all 4 tops should have a webos phone with no exclusivity.