Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I guess I found the one and only reason to buy an iPhone instead of a Palm pre

    My friend recently smashed her iPhone - it's only being held together by sticky tape - but this little beauty just keeps on working.

    Here's the video:
  2. #2  
    i have pretty big cracks along my screen and still works fine... BUT you can have insurance with the Pre and just get it replaced... there is NO insurance for the iPhone through AT&T that i remember(i could be wrong) Not sure about you guys on the other side
  3. Slow_S10's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #3  
    Well for what it's worth I recently dropped my Pre off of the roof of my house and it is still working just as good as before. The incident left it a little scratched up but otherwise just fine. The only difference is that my screen did not shatter... so yeah I guess that is something that an iPhone can do that a Pre can not.
  4. #4  
    I'm happy for her, but I don't want to find out if my Pre+ will do that!! I like my device minus the smashed screen and sticky tape.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  5. #5  
    appel hardware is superb, i accidentily put my old ipod nano in to the washing mashine (was still in my jeans pocket) and it still works, the button in the middle is a litte iffy but still works xD

    at least something apple can do right XD
  6. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I guess I found the one and only reason to buy an iPhone instead of a Palm pre

    My friend recently smashed her iPhone - it's only being held together by sticky tape - but this little beauty just keeps on working.
    I'll like to see some consistency to believe this. When you get your iPhone, do exactly what she did to see if you get the same outcome. Then, and only then will I believe what I'm looking at.

    I might even be incline to get an iPhone.
  7.    #7  
    Why are you taking this so seriously? I don't want to buy an iphone because it smashes well.

    Surely you can see this is a light hearted / fun thread?

    Lighten up.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Why are you taking this so seriously? I don't want to buy an iphone because it smashes well.

    Surely you can see this is a light hearted / fun thread?

    Lighten up.
    He is being equally light hearted by pointing out that one data point doesn't allow you to plot a trend. It is just dry humor suggesting that you offer to attempt creation of a second data point for apple.

    It's all good!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    He is being equally light hearted by pointing out that one data point doesn't allow you to plot a trend. It is just dry humor suggesting that you offer to attempt creation of a second data point for apple.

    It's all good!
    mmm you're right, maybe I'm the one that needs to lighten up
  10. #10  
    I once dropped my Nokia 8148 from three floors up a building, battery flew off. Plug the battery back on and it works just fine with a few dents.

    Try doing that with an iPhone, or any modern phone for that matter. Modern phones just aren't as durable.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  11. #11  
    oh yeah??? well once i dropped my pre out of a plane somehow and managed to visually follow its decent until it hit a super hard rock then bounced into a pretty reasonably sized puddle of dirty water. to my shock it was then picked up by a rabid dog who then proceeded to angrily bite and chew on it...after he bored of this he ended up peeing on it (jerk). then to make matters worse...a marching band came by just like in the movies..except for real...and stepped all over it. then to make matters even more worse...worser even...some jerk came and ripped off the usb cover. after i landed i tracked my phone down and to my surprise it was in about 100 pieces...all wet..and no usb cover in sight....jk!!! it still worked great!!!...well except for the slight smell of dog urine...but i can live with that
    Last edited by notalexrz; 05/04/2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: i effed up
  12. #12  
    Why wifes HTC Hero is the same way... maybe you should go buy that
  13. Xacto01's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy182 View Post
    Well for what it's worth I recently dropped my Pre off of the roof of my house and it is still working just as good as before. The incident left it a little scratched up but otherwise just fine. The only difference is that my screen did not shatter... so yeah I guess that is something that an iPhone can do that a Pre can not.
    Totally clobbered the OP ROFL.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Totally clobbered the OP ROFL.
    Um, grow up are you 12? The reason the Pre's screen doesn't shatter is because it's not glass.

    Jesus, this thread was about showing off an interesting/amusing video of a fuxed phone that still works.

    You kids are like hyenas.
  15. Xacto01's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #15  
    Hey a little defensive there, I was commenting on how smart WhiteBoy182's comment was. lol
  16. #16  
    dislike
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Hey a little defensive there, I was commenting on how smart WhiteBoy182's comment was. lol
    Yeah... sorry, for some reason I'm reading some of these responses as aggressive/personal attacks. Please ignore me
  18. Xacto01's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #18  
    Nah I understand. But since this is a webOS f/anboy forum, I think everybody will take anything against the Pre and attack it lol. Or maybe just me.

Posting Permissions