1.    #1  
    I am able to stream this internet radio station on my Palm Pre but my friend who has a Moto Droid said she can't. Can someone with Android check this out for me on their phones?

Try both of these links:

http://itunes1.ipartyradio.com/listen.pls

http://www.ipartyradio.com/iPartyRadio-itunes1.m3u
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Nope, neither seem to do anything but launch my VLC Remote app on my Milestone.
  3.    #3  
    That really sucks. I wanted the HTC Evo but I listen to iParty Radio everyday on the go thanks to my Pre's ability to stream just about any internet radio station. They have an app for the iPhone...I wonder if one will be made for Android, if that's even posible.

Thanks for taking the time to check for me. Looks like I may reconsider buying the Evo if it can't do a simple, everyday thing like stream my fav radio station.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    You should check if there's internet radio apps on the Android Market though that you might be able to use to play those playlists, just because the system doesn't support natively doesn't mean it might not be solvable through a 3rd party app
  5.    #5  
    I contacted iParty Radio about this issue and here's they sure were quick with a response:

We do not currently have an app for Android, but you can listen using the following instructions:

1 - From the Droid Market one of the following apps:

- XiiaLive Lite (Unpaid Version which is supported by ads)

- XiiaLive (Full version, no Ads)

2. Open app and use the search button for "ipartyradio"

3. Click on either the 128kbps or 64 kbps iPartyRadio icon (depending on your connection speed.) Station should start playing automatically.

4. To add it to your favorites, click the blue + on the left side of the play button.

5. Create a widget on your desktop by touching and holding an open space within the Android desktop until a submenu appears.

6. Use widgets button and select XiiaLive.

So while it may not be quite as simple as going directly to their site on the Pre, or using the official iPR iPhone app, it is better than no stram at all. I'm glad I didn't give up...thanks again for your assistance, i_maq.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/03/2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I am able to stream this internet radio station on my Palm Pre but my friend who has a Moto Droid said she can't. Can someone with Android check this out for me on their phones?

Try both of these links:

http://itunes1.ipartyradio.com/listen.pls

http://www.ipartyradio.com/iPartyRadio-itunes1.m3u
    Are you using the 'iPhone Spoof" patch on your Pre?
  7.    #7  
    ^ nope, not at all.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    So while it may not be quite as simple as going directly to their site on the Pre, or using the official iPR iPhone app, it is better than no stram at all. I'm glad I didn't give up...thanks again for your assistance, i_maq.
    You're welcome, there usually is an app for that
    Works perfectly fine in both streamfurious and droidlive lite. They're both free in the market. I clicked the above link and was given the choice to use either app on my Droid. Of course the apps have to be installed first.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Thanks for helping me discover a new app!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!