1.    #1  
    I got into my car turned on the bluetooth enabled cd player then opened the music and sprint nav on my pre. Music would play and only stop when turn by turn gps are spoken. After the sprint nav directions are giving the music would resume playing. Before I get to my destination I get a call. I'm talking through my bluetooth cd deck. Everything wireless. Once the call has ended Sprint nav and music app continue. Now that's what I call multitaksing!! It always amazes me when I'm in the car. Technology has definitely came along way.
    yeah that is pretty cool all this new tech stuff.. The world is changen when are we gonna the floating cars ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I got into my car turned on the bluetooth enabled cd player then opened the music and sprint nav on my pre. Music would play and only stop when turn by turn gps are spoken. After the sprint nav directions are giving the music would resume playing. Before I get to my destination I get a call. I'm talking through my bluetooth cd deck. Everything wireless. Once the call has ended Sprint nav and music app continue. Now that's what I call multitaksing!! It always amazes me when I'm in the car. Technology has definitely came along way.
    That's an example of why I use a Garmin on the dashboard instead of my phone... While I'm talking on the phone, the GPS isn't yelling directions at me, and I'm likely to miss the turn because I'm thinking about the call while witching the road.

I'm sure some can juggle all that on their phone and not get distracted, but I'm not one of them...
    That would be a perfect commercial for Palm. Too bad they'll never do it.
  5.    #5  
    since 1.35 the sprint nav instructions are announced sooner and completely. Less devices the better for me.

almost forgot to mention you can send directions to another sprint nav enabled phone via sms. The receiver simply clicks the sms link and sprint nav pops up. It reroutes the directions bassed on the receivers location.
    I actually think the iPhone does do this now. You do have to buy the GPS apps though.
    iphone can't do this it doesn't have the ability to do this as of yet it can still only do one thing at a time where as the pre runs everything you want at once.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I do the exact same thing in my car.. I have a touch stone right on my dash. and i have the app mode switcher installed. so when i sit in my car and put the phone on the touch stone. mode switcher turns on bluetooth and opens my music app to shuffle.. and bluetooth auto connects so i don't even have to touch the phone. i use gps and make calls just like you too. on top of that when i get out mode switcher turns off bluetooth and music so i can save on battery life. my wife has an iphone and always gets mad when she's driving with me.
    I love my Pre... but if iPhone 3G/3GS/4G come to sprint its goodbye Palm!

But anyhow, what is this bluetooth auto and how do i get it? Please tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    I love my Pre... but if iPhone 3G/3GS/4G come to sprint its goodbye Palm!

But anyhow, what is this bluetooth auto and how do i get it? Please tell.
    Why goodbye Palm? do you prefer i phone design, apps? 4 g so called multitasking sucks.
  11.    #11  
    what's an app mode switcher? That would be great for it to auto launch music.

Mr. Nolan - goto best buy and buy a cd player with built-in bluetooth. The cheapest cd deck I found was a sony xplod MEX-BT2800 for $160. There are alot of models that say bluetooth compatible but they usually require a separate purchase for the adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjschultz1996 View Post
    iphone can't do this it doesn't have the ability to do this as of yet it can still only do one thing at a time where as the pre runs everything you want at once.
    Hate to break this to you, but a simple jailbreak does the trick. 4.0 won't need the jailbreak to do it.
    This type of thread accomplishes what exactly?

I like WebOS but at the moment have an iPhone 3GS. Do I really need to list all the things my iPhone can do that the Pre can't?

-n8
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post

I like WebOS but at the moment have an iPhone 3GS. Do I really need to list all the things my iPhone can do that the Pre can't?

-n8
    This type of post accomplishes what exactly?
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    I was testin the ability to send an sms to a sprint phone with Nav. I sent an address to myself but there was no link in the txt msg. I opened Nav and a pop up opened saying an address was sent to me. Cool feature I hadn't noticed!!! I screwed up though because I went back to the txt msg and saw that at the end it said,"reply STOP to end msgs". I did to see what would happen. I then got a confirmation txt saying I would no longer receive TeleNav Alerts! How do I reenable them???
    the nav thing is for all telenav devices. Meaning att and sprint. Telenav is pretty awesome. You can share location and directions you can hop on their website and setup your nav route for the day then send it to your phone, and you can rate and review businesses. For me it's replaced the phone book, my garmin and google maps.
    Found it!!

Restarting Services

If a recipient, or any other person, has sent STOP, CANCEL, or any other word that could be reasonably interpreted as meaning the recipient wanted text messages from TeleNavís short code to cease, but later determines that he does want to receive messages from TeleNavís short code, the party wishing to restart services should send RESTART as the subject of a text message to TeleNavís short code, 69355.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    It's a resting place for insecure people. Honestly, why do so many advocates of ANY product care so much about a competing product that they have zero interest in ever buying. If this was a "Should I get a Pre or iPhone" thread then it makes sense. But this is just inaccurate taunting based on misconceptions just so people can feel better about the product they purchased.

If we're going to list things one platform can do but another can't then we'll go on forever because Android, RIM, WinMo, WebOS, iPhone etc all have specific scenarios in which they excel over the competition. It doesn't make it "better" it just makes it "better for this one scenario".
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    what's an app mode switcher?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-switcher.html
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    If we're going to list things one platform can do but another can't then we'll go on forever because Android, RIM, WinMo, WebOS, iPhone etc all have specific scenarios in which they excel over the competition. It doesn't make it "better" it just makes it "better for this one scenario".
    One thing is measurably certain, in the past 18 months Android, RIM, WinMo, and iPhone devices all individually outsold WebOS devices ... by a significan margin.