Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by thegman

Well, you knew the Treo didn't have 16-bit color, have access to extra storage or even play MP3's.

makes ya wonder why someone would want that kind of accessory problem.

Users never look at their priorities when buying devices and thus usually complain,

My guess, it'll all be on e-bay in a month or so.

Meanwhile, back to making phone calls and being organized.

Yours,
    Dark Cloud
    Dude, chill!

Not everyone has to be the same to be right. This is my first PDA experiance... I'm getting it figured out. There are different needs for different people and I got it wrong the first try, WHY BE SO NEGATIVE?

Dad always says "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"

Have a GREAT FORTH!!!

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Originally posted by Veloslave

Dude, chill!

Not everyone has to be the same to be right. This is my first PDA experiance... I'm getting it figured out. There are different needs for different people and I got it wrong the first try, WHY BE SO NEGATIVE?
    Rod
    Chill is my middle name, how'd ya know?

It's just that you have been so harsh on the 270 on these boards. I always tell people, write down what you want XYZ to do and then find that device, not buy it blind and then be disappointed. Rightfully so that the 270 has 3, count-em, 3 post-production issues, however it does what it advertises.

Like your previous message said, you'd be waiting for the negative feedback so here it is. No one is asking you to be the same, I was just pointing out that you know what the Treo doesn't do vs. the new gear you got and there IS NO COMPARING but you still flaunted it. Wonderful, great that you got a glorified remote control apparatus to surf and listen to tunes.
    I was wondering if anyone makes a Bluetooth dongle for phones like they do for USB?
    Yup, Plantronics does. You may not like the price, though. I'm not even sure it's been released yet.

Check here:

http://www.headsets.com/headsets/wireless/bluetooth/wireless_bluetooth.html

http://www.polycomplus.com/bluettec.html

http://news.com.com/2100-1033-860152.html
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
  4.    #24  

It's just that you have been so harsh on the 270 on these boards.
    I have done NOTHING other than tell the truth with my experiances with the Treos in my opinion.

I always tell people, write down what you want XYZ to do and then find that device, not buy it blind and then be disappointed.
    What YOU Tell people?? I am not you!

3 post-production issues, however it does what it advertises.
    The screen does not work, the headset HAD a issue which HS was pathetic in handling and I can't remember the third but then there have been other little problems I've read about. I DO NOT remember these being advertised, let alone, being properly handled handled by HS.

Wonderful, great that you got a glorified remote control apparatus to surf and listen to tunes.
    Are you taking this personal? Do you work for HS? Have I offended you in some way? It really seems that all three apply. In my last post I said I, me, myself made a mistake and am happy, so far, with the new decision.

Again, I have said NOTHING about the Treo that was untrue, out of line or offensive unlike "a glorified remote control apparatus" or "My guess, it'll all be on e-bay in a month or so."

If you don't have anything good to say...

Rod

Actually I disagree with you here Thegman. Veloslave was one of the biggest Handspring boosters on the board until he ran into problems with the Treo 270. He still has a Treo 180 which means that he still believes in the product. Handspring needs to clean up their act. If they don't, then they risk losing other boosters Veloslave.

Chill is my middle name, how'd ya know?

It's just that you have been so harsh on the 270 on these boards. I always tell people, write down what you want XYZ to do and then find that device, not buy it blind and then be disappointed. Rightfully so that the 270 has 3, count-em, 3 post-production issues, however it does what it advertises.

Like your previous message said, you'd be waiting for the negative feedback so here it is. No one is asking you to be the same, I was just pointing out that you know what the Treo doesn't do vs. the new gear you got and there IS NO COMPARING but you still flaunted it. Wonderful, great that you got a glorified remote control apparatus to surf and listen to tunes.
  6.    #26  
    Originally posted by swendor

Yup, Plantronics does. You may not like the price, though. I'm not even sure it's been released yet.

Check here:

http://www.headsets.com/headsets/wireless/bluetooth/wireless_bluetooth.html

http://www.polycomplus.com/bluettec.html

http://news.com.com/2100-1033-860152.html
    I was thinking of something that would hook to the phones data port and make it a wireless modem for the PDA.

Thanks for the links, the headsets look cool... definately the way to go for auto hands free!

Rod

Thegman,

You must have mistaken Velo for someone else - he was always a big fan of Handspring. Well, until they sold him a shoddy piece of merchandise and did a poor job of fixing it for him.

You might have mistaken him for me - I never went the Treo 270 Route. Did the VDX, VPR, VisorPhone, Treo 180 (returned) route before realizing that Handspring is abandoning their Visor community (and the investment those users have made in their Springboards) so they can chase after the sexier "communicator" market. What they appear to have missed is the even more competitive and cutthroat wireless phone market has no room for a small, average, inexperienced startup like Handspring. I wish them luck, but hold out little hope for them versus the Nokias, Erricsons, Kyoceras, Motorolas and even Samsungs of the world.

As for the cost of switching. I got a Pocket PC (Maestro with included MP3), Bluetooth CF card (that remains inside PPC unless I'm at home - and doesn't stick out), 128 MB SD card, Wi-fi CF card Bluetooth phone (for when I'm home), and bluetooth phone for less than $599 ($587 and change) all new. No cords, no cables, no swapping Springboards all the time, just plain old functionality.

Unfortunately, Treo can't come close to that in a price/features comparison - it's just a slightly sub-par Palm OS device mated to a slightly sub-par phone.

Kupe
    Originally posted by Kupe
    What they appear to have missed is the even more competitive and cutthroat wireless phone market has no room for a small, average, inexperienced startup like Handspring. I wish them luck, but hold out little hope for them versus the Nokias, Erricsons, Kyoceras, Motorolas and even Samsungs of the world.

Unfortunately, Treo can't come close to that in a price/features comparison - it's just a slightly sub-par Palm OS device mated to a slightly sub-par phone.

Kupe
    I am not bashing the PDA (PocketPC) devices, simply stating that one cannot be compared to the other as they play completely different roles in everyday use.

I have used the new Nokia and I am very disappointed in it. It is like carrying a brick in your pocket. Kyocera and Samsung build "toys" and Motorola is only makes vanity devices. The plain truth of the matter is Handspring has a shot of making serious business communication devices only once they realize that is what they need to do.

The 270 finally allowed our mobile application to become a reality. Even over VS and Cingular dial-up ISP, we can now launch. No other product has allowed us to do this, due in large part to the necessity of the built on keyboard.

So everyone knows, HS is shipping "fixed" models. The new models have a better made screen, flap hinge and SIM door. If I was an early adopter with a unit, I would recommend that you contact HS and say your unit is dead to get one of the new ones otherwise asking them to send you a replacement because a better made unit is out may be a tough path. This sucks but it is life in the big corporate world.

Enough on this subject.
  9.    #29  
    So Gman,

DO you work for HS?

Rod

Come on VeloSlave.

Even is he is working for Handspring, do you think he will tell you so?

So Gman,

DO you work for HS?

Rod
  11.    #31  
    Originally posted by yardie
    Come on VeloSlave.

Even is he is working for Handspring, do you think he will tell you so?

Major CHUCKLE

Well I figure since he is being so upright and opinionated he would be willing to honestly answer an honest question. I'm not going to doubt him if he says no, it's just a simple question and up to him to respond.

I chuckled because it does put him in a position to "appear" possibly biased but I have been at the PocketPCPassion site and there have been numerous VS employees, as well as others, disclosing their jobs and it has been a real boom for information sharing.

I have talked to MANY HS CSR's and all of them know of and visit this board yet none of them are willing to admit that here, why is that? I even talked with one who asked my screen name (which I gave) and was too gutless to tell his.

Well I would love to say more but I have to go concoct a good conspiracy theory.

BTW, thanks for the kind words earlier

Rod

So everyone knows, HS is shipping "fixed" models.
    I didn't know this. Of course, I'm not just everyone.

Source?
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Well perhaps they would get in trouble if they identify themselves as Handspring CSR? I dont thin HS would approve of its employees posting on this boards.

Major CHUCKLE

I have talked to MANY HS CSR's and all of them know of and visit this board yet none of them are willing to admit that here, why is that? I even talked with one who asked my screen name (which I gave) and was too gutless to tell his.

Well I would love to say more but I have to go concoct a good conspiracy theory.

BTW, thanks for the kind words earlier

Rod
  14.    #34  
    Well perhaps they would get in trouble if they identify themselves as Handspring CSR? I dont thin HS would approve of its employees posting on this boards.

He didn't say anything about that, I tried to pry it out of him and he just didn't want to blow his cover. Besides, why would HS want the CSR's NOT to disclose that? The only reason is something to hide because it sure would help things with us "early adopters" (I hate that term) around here if we had some more communication from HS.

I don't have the answers, but I sure know that HS is not handling customer service problems very well where I was at and some others. It's a tough market, I hope they hang in there.

Rod

I think Handspring's reputation with the using community would go up immensely if they participated on these boards. However, I think you'll find most CSR staffs (not sure if true with Handspring's) tend to be "loosely associated" with the company they support (different physical location, different pay/benefits, maybe even a different company name altogether), so Handspring probably has a formal policy about the CSRs playing on these boards as Handspring reps. Even as direct representatives of Handspring, I have found the CSRs to be friendly, polite, but astoundingly clueless about information they should have direct access to (order status, stock availability, etc). This leads me to believe they are actually employees of "Billy-Bob's Phone Centers, Inc" not Handspring.

Kupe
    Most major companies have their customer support group outsourced. You would be amazed when you hear some of the places where your friendly CSR/Tech agent is located.

Originally posted by Kupe
    This leads me to believe they are actually employees of "Billy-Bob's Phone Centers, Inc" not Handspring.

Kupe
    You would be amazed when you hear some of the places where your friendly CSR/Tech agent is located.
    I watched a documentary on the growing economy of India and one of the popular business there are customer service companies. The employees actually work in the middle of the night (which is regular business hours for us here in N. America), and go to school to learn how to get rid of their accents and talk in American slang so we won't notice...
    Alex.
  18.    #38  
    Originally posted by tantousha

I watched a documentary on the growing economy of India and one of the popular business there are customer service companies. The employees actually work in the middle of the night (which is regular business hours for us here in N. America), and go to school to learn how to get rid of their accents and talk in American slang so we won't notice...
    Alex.
    AAHHH HA!!!

Kept wondering why the english was SO POOR all the time.

Rod

Most major companies have their customer support group outsourced. You would be amazed when you hear some of the places where your friendly CSR/Tech agent is located.
    I watched a documentary on the growing economy of India and one of the popular business there are customer service companies.

Kupe

Alex.
    Damn, busted again. I thought I had lost my middle east language mindset. Oh well, back to answering more tech calls and eating some curry stew.

Someone actually asked today if their Treo 270 could be installed in their "eVest PAN". A what?!?! Yes, the eVest has a wiring system that adds power and even 802.11b wireless USB connectivity. The PAN is Personal-Area-Network.

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast