Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Results 141 to 151 of 151
  1. #141  
    This is a little off topic but maybe one of the Apple supporters could explain to me why they, If they truly believe that Apple products are superior, need to come here to a fansite of a different company to defend them so much.
    To me it seems like your insecure about something. I like palm and hp and would not buy a Apple product because I prefer something else. I'm not worried if this stat or that stat says one thing or another nor do I care if Apple has more cash than HP or HP has more market share than Apple. What does it matter? IMO there is no "The Best Computer" because it's whatever is best for the individual consumer.
    I guess all those "don't waste your food because there are starving kids in Africa" lectures my mom gave me stuck because I don't try to waste my money, time, or food. But it seems that Apple fans just love to waste. Waste money on products because they are made by Apple (and if thats what you like then thats fine) and waste time arguing That your side is right on sites for communities for the other side.
    Who Cares, Is your time really that worthless?
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    This is a little off topic but maybe one of the Apple supporters could explain to me why they, If they truly believe that Apple products are superior, need to come here to a fansite of a different company to defend them so much.
    To me it seems like your insecure about something. I like palm and hp and would not buy a Apple product because I prefer something else. I'm not worried if this stat or that stat says one thing or another nor do I care if Apple has more cash than HP or HP has more market share than Apple. What does it matter? IMO there is no "The Best Computer" because it's whatever is best for the individual consumer.
    I guess all those "don't waste your food because there are starving kids in Africa" lectures my mom gave me stuck because I don't try to waste my money, time, or food. But it seems that Apple fans just love to waste. Waste money on products because they are made by Apple (and if thats what you like then thats fine) and waste time arguing That your side is right on sites for communities for the other side.
    Who Cares, Is your time really that worthless?
    1. This is the "cross-platform" forum.
    2. Believe it or not, for many different reasons many of us own or once owned a Pre or other Palm product.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    But it seems that Apple fans just love to waste. Waste money on products because they are made by Apple (and if thats what you like then thats fine) and waste time arguing That your side is right on sites for communities for the other side.
    Who Cares, Is your time really that worthless?
    Perhaps Apple fans would rather spend their time arguing than dealing with all the issues that Windows fans have to deal with (the registry, DLL hell, virus/spyware scanners, crapware etc).

    This thread was a discussion about the relative market value of Apple vs HP. You can't have much of a discussion without one party or group being pro apple.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    That's not my experience. I know plenty of HP fanatics. Talk to any IT guy and he'll go fanatical about LaserJets. I know plenty of people who love HP inkjet printers and won't use anything else.

    My mother insists on HP PCs and won't even consider a Dell, Lenovo or Gateway. She's typical of a LOT of consumers.
    I am an IT guy working for a company that buys HP PC hardware almost exclusively (only other vendor is Sun). We don't swear by HP printers though, in fact we don't have any. No one is claiming to love HP either though we do have some Microsoft fans who run Windows 7 at home (the company is using XP SP3 exclusively)
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    The above examples are HP and Apple. It's like Ford = HP and BMW = Apple. If you were to ask the average schmuck on the street which car they would like to drive, they would say BMW, BUT can only afford to drive a Ford. That's HP and Apple. But, the kicker is that HP really can't take anymore significant marketshare in the PC market from others like Dell, since Dell is a fierce competitor. But, all Apple has to do is lower their prices anytime they want to get more sales and increase market share. So, between the two Apple can continue to grow which can justify their stock price, whereas HP can basically tread water holding onto what they already have and they have the lower stock price and market value.

    Hope you and others learn a thing or two and not be so clueless.

    wow Thanks for the biz lesson there all knowing bimmer boy. Your name says it it all. What a ******.
    Last edited by UncleKeg; 05/22/2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: one more zinger
  6. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    This is a little off topic but maybe one of the Apple supporters could explain to me why they, If they truly believe that Apple products are superior, need to come here to a fansite of a different company to defend them so much.
    PreCentral isn't a "fan site", it's a Palm users site that consists mainly or Palm USERS. Pre satisfaction is not a requirement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    To me it seems like your insecure about something. I like palm and hp and would not buy a Apple product because I prefer something else. I'm not worried if this stat or that stat says one thing or another nor do I care if Apple has more cash than HP or HP has more market share than Apple. What does it matter? IMO there is no "The Best Computer" because it's whatever is best for the individual consumer.
    I guess all those "don't waste your food because there are starving kids in Africa" lectures my mom gave me stuck because I don't try to waste my money, time, or food. But it seems that Apple fans just love to waste. Waste money on products because they are made by Apple (and if thats what you like then thats fine) and waste time arguing That your side is right on sites for communities for the other side.
    Who Cares, Is your time really that worthless?
    Interesting assessment. On one side you have Apple users who are defending a product they OWN. And on the other you have Apple bashers who have little (or zero) experience with the products they are discussing and are fueled purely by an irrational disgust with all things Apple.

    I'm sure your mother would agree that "wasting time" would be going on message boards to slam products they don't want and the "insecure" group would be the ones who are taking every opportunity they get to trash a product they have zero interest in ever buying.
    Last edited by Urkel; 05/22/2010 at 02:46 PM.
  7. #147  
    @Urkel I'll give it to you that you were right to correct the "fansite" comment I made. That being said IF you do own a pre and are still using it, (which would make you a Palm user, which is what you claim this site is for), you sure don't make it obvious with your past posts about how everything apple/mac/iphone is so superior. If thats how you feel why didn't you just buy a iphone? If you had a pre then moved on and this is sour grapes, then your not a user and don't belong here, by your definition of this site. Going back to 8/3/09 (your earliest avalible post) you were trying to put down the pre and tell everyone how great the iphone is, so It leads me to believe you probably don't even have a pre then your not a user and don't belong here, by your definition of this site.

    You can reply if you want but it's pretty obvious your a troll and I will no longer be feeding the trolls on this thread.
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
  8. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    @Urkel I'll give it to you that you were right to correct the "fansite" comment I made. That being said IF you do own a pre and are still using it, (which would make you a Palm user, which is what you claim this site is for), you sure don't make it obvious with your past posts about how everything apple/mac/iphone is so superior. If thats how you feel why didn't you just buy a iphone? If you had a pre then moved on and this is sour grapes, then your not a user and don't belong here, by your definition of this site. Going back to 8/3/09 (your earliest avalible post) you were trying to put down the pre and tell everyone how great the iphone is, so It leads me to believe you probably don't even have a pre then your not a user and don't belong here, by your definition of this site.

    You can reply if you want but it's pretty obvious your a troll and I will no longer be feeding the trolls on this thread.
    Wow. Youre like a hitman with your posts. You start out nice and seem genuinely interested in an answer then POW. Call them a troll and put a bullet in the back of the head.

    Anyway, you clearly don't know me. Yes, I'm a long time Apple user, but I'm also a 12yr Palm user as well as a PocketPC, Handspring, WinMo and iPhone fan. And on Jun 6 2009 I waited 2hrs with the wife to get our launch Pre. So I'm not a fan of a single brand, I'm a fan of the entire handheld mobility genre. And that's why I think you're a bit off with your entire "Apple users hate Palm" stance. People are quick to forget that, especially now that HP is in the mix, then Palm, Apple and HP have an interesting history.

    Palm + Apple:
    A decade ago then Palm + Apple were a perfect combination because it was the only combo available for Mac users. I had the original Palm Pilot in 1998, but as both a Windows and Mac user then throughout the years I was lucky enough to use multiple different Pocket PC devices AND Palm devices. Both were good and both sucked which meant that nobody was really completely "happy" with them and people just complained. (Sounds familiar?)

    So the Palm/Apple vs PocketPC/Windows were just as stupid then as the WebOS vs Android vs iPhone battles are today. It wasn't necessarily about any of them being "better" it was based more on both frustration and devotion to products they own. For me neither side was standing out as "great" so since I had no devotion to anything then I got labeled as a troll by both sides.

    HP/Palm + Apple:
    This was a weird relationship. Remember the HP iPod? For a short time Apple was going to license the iPod out and HP were the only ones to do it before the idea got canned.

    But as for Palm/HP then now the ties are back. Everyone knows how the Pre was born from former Apple employees who had ideas that were turned down by Apple. But even outside of that then HP has always been a company that made printers, scanners and other peripherals for Apple.

    The point of all this is that HP/Palm/Apple aren't necessarily the enemies that you think they are, and neither are the fans. People CAN be Apple users but also root for HP or Palm to succeed because most everyone currently or formerly have owned an HP/Palm product. So it would be nice reconsider your view on how Apple users view the world because, despite the commercials, we aren't defined by the products we use. We're all individuals.


    (BTW. I do carry a disabled iPhone and am typing now on it while tethered to my Pre. The reason I use a Pre is because if I'm a fan__y of anything then it's Sprint. Every year I choose the absolute best Sprint device available and last year the Pre was it. This year, despite the EVO hype, I'm still sticking with the Pre. And in fact, since I made the decision to skip the EVO then I just had Palm replace my launch day Pre and I activated today. Maybe it will be a better experience, but if it isn't then I don't think it's out of line to bring it up.)
    Last edited by Urkel; 05/22/2010 at 07:47 PM.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    But it seems that Apple fans just love to waste. Waste money on products because they are made by Apple (and if thats what you like then thats fine) and waste time arguing That your side is right on sites for communities for the other side.
    Who Cares, Is your time really that worthless?
    A no name company in China brings out a whole new computer line called "Crappy PC from China" They sell the cheapest netbook to the top of the line desktop computer all running Windows. They manage to sell their stuff significantly cheaper than HP at Best Buy.

    So, lemme ask you, "Can I say to you that you are wasting your money on HP just because it says HP on the label?"

    Cheap chinese knock off --> HP crap --> Apple stuff...

    Some people just want the best, and ignore the rest.
  10. #150  
    I guess Apple is worth more than HP. Based on market capitalization Apple is the second largest company in the US now.

    Hey Pogeypre - would you consider this a sign of success?
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I guess Apple is worth more than HP. Based on market capitalization Apple is the second largest company in the US now.

    Hey Pogeypre - would you consider this a sign of success?

    Here are some famous quotes from Bill Gates which some are embarrassing. These came from MacDaily News.

    • The one thing Apple's providing now is leadership in colors. It won't take long for us to catch up with that, I don't think. - Bill Gates, commenting on iMac in colors debut, circa July 2000

    • You can't come up with a new OS. - Bill Gates on why Microsoft chose to put Windows inside Tablet PCs instead of a different operating system designed specifically for tablet use, November 2002

    • There's nothing that the iPod does that I say, 'Oh, wow, I don't think we can do that.' - Bill Gates, September 2004

    • I don't believe the success of the iPod is sustainable in the long run. - Bill Gates, May 2005

    • There’s nothing on the iPad I look at and say, 'Oh, I wish Microsoft had done it.' - Bill Gates, February 2010

    Even Bill Gates has been proven wrong by Apple on so many occasions. So, it's really funny when so many people on here love to give their incorrect opinion about Apple. When even Bill Gates can't give a correct opinion when it comes to competing with Apple.

    Now cue all the arm chair stock analysts that will come up with a 1000 reasons why Apple passing Microsoft is a fluke, was a scheme, trickery, etc. You will be totally wrong as usual, just like Bill Gates.

    Oh, who can forget this famous quote. I don't even have to name who said it, because it's so popular. It always makes me laugh...

    There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance. It's a $500 subsidized item.
    Remember the quote the next time you think Apple is not executing correctly.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions