Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those who don't know, this is a Palm forum. The need for some people to come on here and express their desire for the EVO 4G phone that's not even out yet, is beyond me.
    The iPhone trolls are one thing, but the EVO trolls are even worse.
    HELLO! The phone isn't even out yet, and yes the hardware sounds nice, but it's an android phone!, which has nothing to do with webOS; So why discuss it here? Create your own forum somewhere else, go the hell there and discuss it till your fingers fall off, I don't care! Just leave P|C alone and don't bother us anymore with your drooling over a phone that not going to have webOS. Enough is enough!*
    Thank you for your attention, rant over, carry on.*
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    For those who don't know, this is a Palm forum. The need for some people to come on here and express their desire for the EVO 4G phone that's not even out yet, is beyond me.
    The iPhone trolls are one thing, but the EVO trolls are even worse.
    HELLO! The phone isn't even out yet, and yes the hardware sounds nice, but it's an android phone!, which has nothing to do with webOS; So why discuss it here? Create your own forum somewhere else and go the hell there and discuss it till your fingers fall off, I don't care! Just leave P|C alone and don't bother us anymore with your drooling over a phone that not going to have webOS. Enough is enough!*
    Thank you for your attention, rant over, carry on.*
    Wow. I'm glad you feel better.

However, as you probably haven't noticed this is the "cross platform chat" section of the forum.

This is the place to talk about EVO, Android, iPhone OS, Win Mo, or *** ever we wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post

However, as you probably haven't noticed this is the "cross platform chat" section of the forum.

This is the place to talk about EVO, Android, iPhone OS, Win Mo, or *** ever we wish.
    Or maybe you should go to the sites devoted to those phones crazy idea isn't it
    My friend, I am spending time focusing on the many wonderful threads talking about creative app development activity and all the people posting about how they love their pres and are enjoying the apps and patches and noticing the many new people who are joining our community.
    There are also the new phones and there were always be new phones, Palm or otherwise, and people will be curious to try them. And some of them will come back to Palm when Palm's new pipeline comes out in due time. So let their voices be heard as part of the many voices of our community.

We live in wondrous times where a tiny computer can fit in our pocket and connect us to each other and the world. Not so long ago, 16 gigs was practically half a hard drive for a desktop computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Not so long ago, 16 gigs was practically half a hard drive for a desktop computer.
    With the Ipad it still is
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Why should I do that when I currently own a Pre, use my WebOS device on a daily basis, etc, and am posting in the correct section of the forum?

I'm not married to any particular device or OS as some here seem to be. The question shouldn't be why am I posting in the correct section of this forum, but, why are some here so filled with paranoia and general fear and anger.

No trolling, no derailing, posting appropriate content and in the proper section.

What is the issue?
    As long as all comparisons or discussions of other devices are in the "cross platform" or "other handhelds", these topics allowed by TC or PC, aren't they?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #9  

That's why I posted it here instead of the other areas where ppl keep posting about the Evo.

They're allowed true but the question is if it's really better to be talking about them here or at sites specifically for those devices
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    As long as all comparisons or discussions of other devices are in the "cross platform" or "other handhelds", these topics allowed by TC or PC, aren't they?
    Yes, that was my understanding.

Apparently some here don't see it that way.
    Yes, that was my understanding.

Apparently some here don't see it that way.
    Here's something to try why not go to the android or iphone or win-mo sites and see how they like you talking about other phones the iphone one especially
  13.    #13  
    They're allowed true but the question is if it's really better to be talking about them here or at sites specifically for those devices
    My point exactly!

Why would it be better if they are looking for comparisons and are using Palm devices?
    Why would it be better if they are looking for comparisons and are using Palm devices?
    and how do they plan to get comparisons to as of yet unreleased devices?
    If they're allowed by the Mods and board owners in specific sections, why do you have a right to tell people to STFU and go elsewhere?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    +1

It is one thing to bring attention to a new phone or advancement in cellular technology, it is another for members to make post after post about another phone or product that is not part of Palm or WebOS. I would have to agree that there have been way to many threads pertaining to an Android phone. Then again people will be people and post what they want. Soon there will be some new thing from Palm and the forum will come alive with Palm this and Palm that. Then the iPad and Android stuff will quite down for a while. I think in the mean time some members are just board. Heck, there is always tomorrow and members will be talking about windows mobile.

Then we can have a thread of how we hate all the WinMo crap.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Y'all need to get a grip. As long as it's kept in the appropriate forum (ie cross platform) what's the big deal? No one makes you look here. If it's put in the wrong forum it just needs to be moved. No big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If they're allowed by the Mods and board owners in specific sections, why do you have a right to tell people to STFU and go elsewhere?
    I never said that, all I said was that perhaps it would be better if they joined sites devoted to those devices I mean I wouldn't go to the iPhone blog to ask about an android phone
    Perhaps its because there seems to be a lot more pre/pixi users switching to evo, than other current phone owners. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...-pre-pixi.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast