Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Perhaps its because there seems to be a lot more pre/pixi users switching to evo, than other current phone owners. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...-pre-pixi.html
    maybe. But the way that question is worded--how many are switching from a pre/pixi?-- may slant the pre/pixi owners to participate in the poll while others pass it by. It would be better to ask the question more neutrally--ie "from which phone are you switching to the evo?"

There's alot of anxiety about Palm--and rightfully so--but it is still too early to tell what will happen and Palm community and developers are very vibrant still. We can meanwhile enjoy our phones and community and we will see what happens.
    That was geared a bit more toward the OP. But my point is it's allowed in the "other devices" area so why are you all complaining?

In fact I believe these sections were created for that very reason, to stop people from hijacking Palm posts with other device comparisons. I think when I first signed up, this section didn't exist. Then they had a "round robin, my smartphone can beat up your smartphone " section for a while.

Now it's organized into a more organized section and people are still complaining? I also see posts in this section about why the Pre is better than other phones and bashing of other phones compared to the Pre. If you want no more "other device" discussion, then those posts should go too then, right?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I never said that, all I said was that perhaps it would be better if they joined sites devoted to those devices I mean I wouldn't go to the iPhone blog to ask about an android phone
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Perhaps its because there seems to be a lot more pre/pixi users switching to evo, than other current phone owners. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...-pre-pixi.html
    Why. Are these people that had never owned a Palm before and were not part of the past Palm family? Do they not have the Palm feeling? So they came to Palm for the new state of the art OS and now that there may be a newer bigger bang, these same people will move on. What's going to happen when Palm comes out with a newer phone? Are these same people going to post all over the Android site how they are moving to Palm and the new fancy pants XX phone? This all makes me laugh.
    They are the same people that purchase a stock AFTER it has gone up.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Yes, FinallyPre. Many of the newer people here AREN'T die hard Palm fans. You just registered last year? Were you ever here before webOS? THAT was when there were die hard Palm fans. Strangely, the old OS had more loyalists. Lots of posters seem to have disappeared.

Many new users are simply impressed with webOS, but likely will move on to other devices if they see fit.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    A lot of us joined Precentral as soon as it came up. The Pre came out on Sprint first as Sprints flagship device. We have been here learning about the Pre, sharing experience, helping each other solve problems, so this forum is like a little family. The Evo is the next flagship device, webos had its issues, and because we are a little family, we came to this forum "cross platform chat" talking about the Evo and sharing stories why we consider switching from the Pre to the Evo.

I fail to see the problem, but just so you know, I did join Android Central as well.

Now, for the lack of a better term, "can't we please just all get along?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yes, FinallyPre. Many of the newer people here AREN'T die hard Palm fans. You just registered last year? Were you ever here before webOS? THAT was when there were die hard Palm fans. Strangely, the old OS had more loyalists. Lots of posters seem to have disappeared.

Many new users are simply impressed with webOS, but likely will move on to other devices if they see fit.
    I have not been a part of these forums for sometime. I had been involved to much with building computers and HT systems for people that I did not have the extra time. When WebOS was in the picture I noticed an old friend (here) and came back. To this day I can not remember what my user name was back then. I have been with palm since the beginning. Before they made phones. I owned a PalmPilot and have owned Palm stock. The only true feature I miss is the old Palm computer syncing software. I feel like Palm has left us all in a cloud. lol
    I am also one of Palm's biggest defenders in these difficult times. You might even say I go overboard.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 04/25/2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Bickering over being "die hard" palm fans and the like isn't what we want. The OP asked a good question that I myself have been thinking these past few weeks and it has turned into a personal thing for some people which it is not
    What the OP did was tell people what to do even though he or she is not in control of these forums, and the Mods allow it. Until they remove this subforum and/or post new rules, no one needs to shut up if it's in the correct forum. And the Mods are diligent about moving any post of other devices into here if it's not.

Now if people did hijack threads in the wrong sections constantly, then there's a point.

What the OP did was tell people what to do even though he or she is not in control of these forums, and the Mods allow it. Until they remove this subforum and/or post new rules, no one needs to shut up if it's in the correct forum. And the Mods are diligent about moving any post of other devices into here if it's not.

Now if people did hijack threads in the wrong sections constantly, then there's a point.
    I disagree. It's is not the Admins/Mods job to police this forum 24/7. It is a forum that has a life of it's own and is owned by a family of members. It's the members job to police the forum and just like attempting to keep the threads on topic, the forum should also be kept on topic. Sure there are areas to place "off" threads but there should be a thread here and there. Not every other thread. The main thread (forum) is Palm.

We want them!!!
    OTHER DEVICES AND CROSS PLATFORM are on topic for discussion of other devices. The main Palm forums are still intact. What are you supposed to post in these subforums if not other devices?

I lol at nubs who bash the pre in a central forum which is based on the pre...
    OTHER DEVICES AND CROSS PLATFORM are on topic for discussion of other devices. The main Palm forums are still intact. What are you supposed to post in these subforums if not other devices?
    Other stuff. But not every other new thread on "PRE"Central. IMO
    This line is my sub-sub thread.

We want them!!!
    The Evo is poised to have a huge impact on Palm and WebOS. So it will be discussed on a Palm forum. Combine that with the fact that tech types like to talk about the newest hardware and no one should be suprised that the Evo is getting run here.

It's the newest hottest thing, and it's about to directly impact the phone of choice on this forum. How is that not going to be a highly discussed topic?
    Hanging around with the f a n b o y s breeds ignorance. Just ask our friends over at the TiPb site? Their iPhones could simultateously blow up and they would still go buy a new one.

I for one do not mind the EVO fans here as long as they don't post in the Pre section.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

It's one thing to discuss a new platform in the right section as long as they do it with class and respect but it is another thing when they come in putting up a post trashing Palm and the Pre, it's just my opinion but I think I speak for many people in this forum that are tired of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It's one thing to discuss a new platform in the right section as long as they do it with class and respect but it is another thing when they come in putting up a post trashing Palm and the Pre, it's just my opinion but I think I speak for many people in this forum that are tired of it.
    Strictly speaking, I do not see the need to post anything on this forum that bashes the Pre. If you don't like the Pre, then go post on a site where your views are mirrored.

That being said, comparing phones is fine. If you feel anyone is crossing the line, you can report the tread.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Strictly speaking, I do not see the need to post anything on this forum that bashes the Pre. If you don't like the Pre, then go post on a site where your views are mirrored.

That being said, comparing phones is fine. If you feel anyone is crossing the line, you can report the tread.
    I see a lot more discussion about Palms problems and possible solutions then I do any "bashing". Sure there are some trolls that bash, but a forum without trolls is a forum that is to dead to attract them. Overall, given Palms current situation, these forums are pretty damn positive imo.

To be honest, coming into a forum specifically designed for talking about other handsets and complaining about other handsets, is borderline trolling in itself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12