View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

27 19.29%
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As the title states I'm wondering if any other Pre Plus owners are thinking of switching to the Droid Incredible?
    Droid Incredible? Pfft not a chance. Only thing I *might* be switching to is Evo 4g, and thats only if there is no Pre2.
  3.    #3  
    That Evo sure does looks nice but being in the Army, but I like Verizon because they're always sending me somewhere with bad signal from most other carriers. I personally like the Incredible on Verizon instead of the Nexus One because it sold directly through the carrier. Another reason I am interested in a switch is how Verizon treats WebOS phones. No NFL mobile and no word of when we might get it. No skype mobile app, visual voicemail, and google voice is now gone from WebOS natively at least. Then the GPS blows on the device, as it doesn't work. I'm on the fence and I'll wait till at least we get a new update for the device.
    Last edited by gladesmellzgood; 04/21/2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Revision
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Would consider it if they offered the free 3G hotspot, until then that's the deal-maker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    That Evo sure does looks nice but being in the Army, they're always sending me somewhere with bad signal from most other carriers. I like Verizon because I personally like the Incredible on Verizon instead of the Nexus One because it sold directly through the carrier.
    fixed...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    fixed...
    lol

MAYBE ment:

That Evo sure does looks nice but I like Verizon, being in the Army they're always sending me somewhere where sprint has bad roaming signal from most other carriers. I like Verizon because I personally like the Incredible on Verizon instead of the Nexus One because it sold directly through the carrier.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I would not go for the Incredible, However the EVO is a really nice phone... barring the Android OS.

I love WebOS... but i really want that snapdragon processor and front facing camera AND rear camera with auto focus... But i fear the nicer device wont be worth the loss of this nicer OS

ill probably give in to the OS and stick with the pre though, im really comfy with it
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for editing guys , but seriously what are your thoughts on the matter?
    What I want to know is, do any of the people who are always about to "jump ship" actually have a Pre in the first place? Because it sure doesn't add up that people buy a phone and then, just like that, "jump ship" and buy a new phone a month later because they liked the ads / press releases printed verbatim by the press. Especially not in this economy. Say what you will, the crushing majority of people are on one- or two-year plans and get upgraded at the end / extension of their contracts, and can't / won't afford getting the flavor du jour everytime any company releases a new phone, which is just about every other week.

Is everybody who's "jumping ship" to whatever the newest extensively marketed phone is at the moment (first it was the Hero, then the Droid, then the HD2, now the EVO and Droid Incredible) working for Goldman Sachs and getting some of those sweet billion bonuses? Or are they, as I believe they would put it in France, full of merde?
    i wonder if this can be moved to 'other devices' section
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What I want to know is, do any of the people who are always about to "jump ship" actually have a Pre in the first place? Because it sure doesn't add up that people buy a phone and then, just like that, "jump ship" and buy a new phone a month later because they liked the ads. Especially not in this economy. Say what you will, the crushing majority of people are on one- or two-year plans and get upgraded at the end / extension of their contracts.

Is everybody "jumping ship" because of whatever the newest extensively marketed phone is at the moment (first it was the Hero, then the Droid, then the HD2, now the EVO and Droid Incredible) working for Goldman Sachs and getting some of those sweet billion bonuses? Or are they, as I believe they would put it in France, full of shyte?
    I might not be the majority, but I will switch a device in a heartbeat if I'm not happy with it. I only do one year contracts or buy the phone outright with no contract if I can afford it at the time. For the most part I don't have any issue's with my Pre Plus other than the GPS not working. I haven't even seen any ads for the Droid Incredible, I just stay on top of whats coming out and gauge if its worth buying or not. I have had my Pre Plus since the launch date 1/25/2010 and even if I do buy the Droid Incredible I'll use both devices simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    I might not be the majority, but I will switch a device in a heartbeat if I'm not happy with it. I only do one year contracts or buy the phone outright with no contract if I can afford it at the time. For the most part I don't have any issue's with my Pre Plus other than the GPS not working. I haven't even seen any ads for the Droid Incredible, I just stay on top of whats coming out and gauge if its worth buying or not. I have had my Pre Plus since the launch date 1/25/2010 and even if I do buy the Droid Incredible I'll use both devices simultaneously.
    Do you print your own money or are you a hard-golfing executive at a major bailout bank? How can you afford switching "in a heartbeat"? You certainly are in the minority if you buy smartphones with the same rationale that other people reserve for T-Shirts.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Do you print your own money or are you a hard-golfing executive at a major bailout bank? How can you afford switching "in a heartbeat"? You certainly are in the minority if you buy smartphones with the same rationale that other people reserve for T-Shirts.
    No nothing like that. I just save my money and it also helps that I don't have children. No really huge bills except for car payment and insurance. I don't switch that often I usually research the device that I will buy extensively to avoid any disappointment later. Especially since I'm usually paying full retail for the device. I normally switch devices every 6-12 months depending on how much I like it.
    I'm only switching because I'm on my third Pre + and it has the sticky key issues, and Verizon refuses to give me a new one because they think it's software (even though I'm within my 30 days). Everytime I call Palm or Verizon, I get a different answer regarding the issue. I love WebOS, but my keyboard is borderline not functional. Everything else about the phone is perfect.

I actually think the Droid Incredible is kind of ugly to be honest :-/
    I'm still in my 30 days and honestly I'm thinking about it. It really comes down to whether I want better phone hardware (Droid Incredible) or better software (WebOS). I went there to complain about sticky keys and they said there was nothing they could do about it and refused to replace it. I'm going back today to try again so hopefully I'll get a replacement that doesn't have any issues (doubt it...).

I just love the specs of the Droid Incredible but not so much the fact it's running android... :/
    With the Evo just around the corner...the incredible looks like JAAP...just another Anroid phone.

It will be the best Android phone on Verizon for a while, though.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mzlou2 View Post
    I actually think the Droid Incredible is kind of ugly to be honest :-/
    Me too, I like the front of the phone. The back of the phone with all those weird lines and stuff I'm not a fan of. I'll probably stick with my Pre, just wanted to see what my fellow Verizon users were gonna do? I would really like some of that Google Voice and Navigation action, but I'm not a huge fan of Android as a whole.
    Moderators, why is this in the Pre section?!?
    I'll say this. The phone looks sexy as hell to me. I don't like the back though. If I was on Verizon, it would be my chose because I've already had the pre. The evo is just too big. I like android and webOS equally. Their both great operating systems. I don't understand why some people are so against android. Obviously consumers are heavily leaning towards it. That says a lot when people have the iPhone as a competitor. It's obvious that consumers like customization. To an average consumer this is key.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Droid Incredible? Pfft not a chance. Only thing I *might* be switching to is Evo 4g, and thats only if there is no Pre2.
    ma bro got the droid and from my personal point of view their no fking way to get that system for many reasons but a few of them I find out that is too big, also is kinda heavy and is not really fast as people say or as you see on youtube, I'm not gonna say the site to download movies for free but onces it comes to download large files and I'm talking about 200mbs the pre plus is the champ, droid takes atleast 9 or 10 minutes to download the whole movie as for my pre plus only takes 5 minutes to download the whole file soo yupp pre plus and palm pre rocks. And for the HTC EVO 4G mm not really I'll wait for something much better like the C40.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast