View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

    18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

    84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

    11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

    27 19.29%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 496
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    easy sell. Android forces you to use gmail and sync all your info to google (who indexes it and there are too many stories of them exposing stuff...)

    palm gives you a choice, and with 3rd party app you can sync with your desktop and not put your info 'in the cloud'. That's all I needed to reject anything runningg Android.

    end of story.
    This is interesting.

    My understanding was Palm didn't allow desktop sync either and I remember last year people were saying "just use Gmail.". And when I didn't agree that you should rely only on Google, I got bashed.

    Well it's good to know 3rd party apps came through for Palm.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    @manny

    are you ok homie, this is a palm pre, pixi webos site not a android site. Second adolencent (you must be playing yourself, dont try and play me) heres the definition: is a transitional stage of physical and mental human development that occurs between childhood and adulthood. understand.

    third android OS is a bite off of windows mobile sbp shell interface and a poor one at that. The incredable is the same phone as the hero just a bit bigger screen a 1ghz processor some more eyecandy still nothing. Your points are dumb and meaningless, and if you want to keep comparing the pre to the 125th device google made and still didnt get it right and never will then go ahead, just keep that on a android site not here. Also understand you and everyone else is comparing a OS thats been around longer then Web OS, with a company that has more resources until now (HP). As I stated before the pre and pixi are the only phones running a OS that hasent been incased in a device for a year yet, yet people are quick to compare it to the dozen of new phones that just now come out. Atleast wait to see what new device Web OS will be running on, not on a prototype which in my opinion having used the iphone when it launched, and the horriable G1 its steps above.
    Decent grammar and spelling go a long way in getting your point across. Just saying.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    This is interesting.

    My understanding was Palm didn't allow desktop sync either and I remember last year people were saying "just use Gmail.". And when I didn't agree that you should rely only on Google, I got bashed.

    Well it's good to know 3rd party apps came through for Palm.
    Yes, people will regularly tell me I am in the dark ages for not wanting to run all my stuff through gmail. OK, that's fine. But I won't be the person having my credit card number published, or some stalker finding me based on info that Google indexed and published. Both of those have happed recently.

    You can see from my sig that this isn't my first rodeo with Palm, and the fact is that I would have stayed with my Centro before I'd give anything important to Google or Yahoo to index.

    Welcome to the tiny little club for people that don't just drink google cool aid and assume they are watching for our best interest!
  4. #144  
    @the phone diva

    true but this isnt a english class, and if someone dosent understand something, I have no problem explaining it to them if it pertains to grammer.
  5. #145  
    Yes, people will regularly tell me I am in the dark ages for not wanting to run all my stuff through gmail. OK, that's fine. But I won't be the person having my credit card number published, or some stalker finding me based on info that Google indexed and published. Both of those have happed recently.

    You can see from my sig that this isn't my first rodeo with Palm, and the fact is that I would have stayed with my Centro before I'd give anything important to Google or Yahoo to index.

    Welcome to the tiny little club for people that don't just drink google cool aid and assume they are watching for our best interest!





    funny I too don't like to do that, be linked up through a provider who can have access to my stuff. Its hard though isn't it, because things like google make every program that people use on a daily basis so easy to setup and use. I guess its being lazy, because I do it myself being older supporting a family its hard not to, and I'm locked up with Gmail, and google type paypal etc. I though completly understand where your coming from
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Yes, people will regularly tell me I am in the dark ages for not wanting to run all my stuff through gmail. OK, that's fine. But I won't be the person having my credit card number published, or some stalker finding me based on info that Google indexed and published. Both of those have happed recently.

    You can see from my sig that this isn't my first rodeo with Palm, and the fact is that I would have stayed with my Centro before I'd give anything important to Google or Yahoo to index.

    Welcome to the tiny little club for people that don't just drink google cool aid and assume they are watching for our best interest!





    funny I too don't like to do that, be linked up through a provider who can have access to my stuff. Its hard though isn't it, because things like google make every program that people use on a daily basis so easy to setup and use. I guess its being lazy, because I do it myself being older supporting a family its hard not to, and I'm locked up with Gmail, and google type paypal etc. I though completly understand where your coming from
    BTW, you can use the same program to sync everything w/ your computer on the android as you can for the pre, Missingsync makes a program that w/ with android as well (b/c the pre does not sync w/ your computer w/ out 3rd party apps as well). I personally like using goog for my contacts and stuff, it allows me to intergrate all my computers and my phone into one database or i can pull up my contacts and anything else i use on goog on any computer that has internet access. Plus your pre syncs alot of stuff w/ your palm profile, wjhats the diff between that and goog when it comes to having your info in the cloud? a good hacker could get into either if they really wanted
  7. #147  
    oh yeah how much is the missingsync, and do you need to load the program on your phone, as well as the computer your going to be using?
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    @manny

    are you ok homie, this is a palm pre, pixi webos site not a android site. Second adolencent (you must be playing yourself, dont try and play me) heres the definition: is a transitional stage of physical and mental human development that occurs between childhood and adulthood. understand.

    third android OS is a bite off of windows mobile sbp shell interface and a poor one at that. The incredable is the same phone as the hero just a bit bigger screen a 1ghz processor some more eyecandy still nothing. Your points are dumb and meaningless, and if you want to keep comparing the pre to the 125th device google made and still didnt get it right and never will then go ahead, just keep that on a android site not here. Also understand you and everyone else is comparing a OS thats been around longer then Web OS, with a company that has more resources until now (HP). As I stated before the pre and pixi are the only phones running a OS that hasent been incased in a device for a year yet, yet people are quick to compare it to the dozen of new phones that just now come out. Atleast wait to see what new device Web OS will be running on, not on a prototype which in my opinion having used the iphone when it launched, and the horriable G1 its steps above.
    HI, yeah I am fine, thanks for asking!

    I am fully aware of what website I am on, but I am giving my opinion in the context of the OP's question. This is PreCentral cross platform chat after all, we are not in the Palm Pre forum here.

    Nice second try on how to spell "adolescent", you even gave some sort of dictionary definition, nice touch.

    So now, please tell me how my points were "dumb and meaningless", thanks for the flowers by the way, it's always nice to be called "dumb" by someone that can't spell the word with which he is trying to make a point and even get it wrong again on the second try.

    Android OS is a bite of SBP Mobile shell? What? Android is completely different from anything SBP ever put out. I am guessing you are referring to Sense running on top of Android, and it was derived from Touch Flow 3d that was running on top of Windows Mobile 6.1. Get your facts straight. SBP Mobile Shell had the same idea, but obviously was made by SBP and not by HTC, and Mobile Shell was never as integrated as Sense is with Android 2.1.

    All smart phones are essentially the same, you got a little computer doing it's thing, what's your point? You did know that the Motorola Droid is using the same processor as the Pre, right? So, the Droid is the same as the Pre just running a different OS, is that your point, because I don't get what you mean when you say the Incredible is a Hero with a bigger CPU, it's also an Eris with a faster CPU...yeah, and?

    And here you go again blaming me for comparing the Pre Plus with its one year old hardware to a phone that just came out, well, that's what the OP was asking, so duh, there's no way around comparing the two, don't you think? And please don't start this stuff about Android having been out longer and Google having deeper pockets, we know that, but guess what, business is business, what's the guy slinging phones to your average Joe supposed to say? "The Pre is potentially a great phone, but, Palm doesn't have much money, so the hardware is not so good, and they are still working on the OS, it's new, so it will take some time, but I am sure it will get better soon and they are nice people and they tried really really hard!" Consumers don't care about any of that, they want a phone that performs, not one that might perform better after some updates, or whose successor will be a kickin phone.

    So, yeah, to answer your initial question again, I am just fine....how about you? And no, I am not your homie.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yes, people will regularly tell me I am in the dark ages for not wanting to run all my stuff through gmail. OK, that's fine. But I won't be the person having my credit card number published, or some stalker finding me based on info that Google indexed and published. Both of those have happed recently.

    You can see from my sig that this isn't my first rodeo with Palm, and the fact is that I would have stayed with my Centro before I'd give anything important to Google or Yahoo to index.

    Welcome to the tiny little club for people that don't just drink google cool aid and assume they are watching for our best interest!
    That stalker was thanks to Buzz allowing EVERYONE to view everything by default. And I agree Google is an a** for doing that, especially since Facebook keeps getting in trouble for trying to do the same thing and it should be well known by now that's unacceptable to many. I turned Buzz off entirely and hope it stays that way.

    And Google did index some website's customers, but I also to think the website should have checked for that problem since they store CC numbers. Amazon never seems to get indexed(at least I hope not). But yes Google archives too much info, and I sometimes suspect who really backs them. I only use Gmail for benign contacts like salons, restaurants, etc. Not my serious life contacts unless they consent, they stay in Outlook. But every time I turn around, someone uses cloud sync these days. Except Nokia, I can still back up contacts to the memory card and it's not mandatory to sync.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    oh yeah how much is the missingsync, and do you need to load the program on your phone, as well as the computer your going to be using?
    Sync Software for Mobile Smartphones to Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista - Sync Mac and PC!
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That stalker was thanks to Buzz allowing EVERYONE to view everything by default. And I agree Google is an a** for doing that, especially since Facebook keeps getting in trouble for trying to do the same thing and it should be well known by now that's unacceptable to many. I turned Buzz off entirely and hope it stays that way.

    And Google did index some website's customers, but I also to think the website should have checked for that problem since they store CC numbers. Amazon never seems to get indexed(at least I hope not). But yes Google archives too much info, and I sometimes suspect who really backs them. I only use Gmail for benign contacts like salons, restaurants, etc. Not my serious life contacts unless they consent, they stay in Outlook. But every time I turn around, someone uses cloud sync these days. Except Nokia, I can still back up contacts to the memory card and it's not mandatory to sync.
    I agree that those other sites carry just as much blame (other than Google's refusal to disconnect Buzz from gmail). The problem is that there is no commitment or resources allocated to preventing this. When they accidentally publish full credit card numbers - the damage is done and they probably don't know it happened until a reporter from Gismodo calls them for comment.

    Their goal is to "index the world's information"... and I am committed to making sure they don't index my little corner of the world. I don't have time to clean up any messes they might make for me, even if it's an accident.
  12. #152  
    Android OS is a bite of SBP Mobile shell? What? Android is completely different from anything SBP ever put out. I am guessing you are referring to Sense running on top of Android, and it was derived from Touch Flow 3d that was running on top of Windows Mobile 6.1. Get your facts straight. SBP Mobile Shell had the same idea, but obviously was made by SBP and not by HTC, and Mobile Shell was never as integrated as Sense is with Android 2.1.

    All smart phones are essentially the same, you got a little computer doing it's thing, what's your point? You did know that the Motorola Droid is using the same processor as the Pre, right? So, the Droid is the same as the Pre just running a different OS, is that your point, because I don't get what you mean when you say the Incredible is a Hero with a bigger CPU, it's also an Eris with a faster CPU...yeah, and?



    sorry I still havent figured out how to gray out the previous statment yet.

    @manny

    again HOMIE yes stating your comments were dumb and meaningless was a stretch so I take that back completly my fault. Though when I say SBP shell is Androids OS I mean the skin they produced for windows mobile years ago and kept updating it. I'm not sure you understood what I was referring too, the skin where there was nothing but widgets on the home screen with 3 or so screen you can swipe through, its just like how the full android OS functions I wasent referring to the sense skin. The point I was making with the incrediable and the hero was that Google releases the same type of phone every so many months, most made from htc, most are slabs, just a different size screen (hero, nexus one, incrediable, evo etc) and maybe a bump in specs. I understand the points you made, and all I did was make mine. Again I take back those remarks I made they were uncalled for.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Android OS is a bite of SBP Mobile shell? What? Android is completely different from anything SBP ever put out. I am guessing you are referring to Sense running on top of Android, and it was derived from Touch Flow 3d that was running on top of Windows Mobile 6.1. Get your facts straight. SBP Mobile Shell had the same idea, but obviously was made by SBP and not by HTC, and Mobile Shell was never as integrated as Sense is with Android 2.1.

    All smart phones are essentially the same, you got a little computer doing it's thing, what's your point? You did know that the Motorola Droid is using the same processor as the Pre, right? So, the Droid is the same as the Pre just running a different OS, is that your point, because I don't get what you mean when you say the Incredible is a Hero with a bigger CPU, it's also an Eris with a faster CPU...yeah, and?



    sorry I still havent figured out how to gray out the previous statment yet.

    @manny

    again HOMIE yes stating your comments were dumb and meaningless was a stretch so I take that back completly my fault. Though when I say SBP shell is Androids OS I mean the skin they produced for windows mobile years ago and kept updating it. I'm not sure you understood what I was referring too, the skin where there was nothing but widgets on the home screen with 3 or so screen you can swipe through, its just like how the full android OS functions I wasent referring to the sense skin. The point I was making with the incrediable and the hero was that Google releases the same type of phone every so many months, most made from htc, most are slabs, just a different size screen (hero, nexus one, incrediable, evo etc) and maybe a bump in specs. I understand the points you made, and all I did was make mine. Again I take back those remarks I made they were uncalled for.
    use the Quote button at bottom of the post..... But of course, knowing so much about tech stuff I would thing you should know that
  14. #154  
    While the HTC has a lot going for it with new up to date hardware (1ghz processor, 8mp camera and more storage) there are some drawbacks:

    1) If you spend a lot of time outside, the OLED screen is very hard to read (well documented).
    2) It does not have webOS UI and the awesome Preware community.
    2) Real keyboard with universal search.
  15. #155  
    @djdisturb thanks for the link
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    While the HTC has a lot going for it with new up to date hardware (1ghz processor, 8mp camera and more storage) there are some drawbacks:

    1) If you spend a lot of time outside, the OLED screen is very hard to read (well documented).
    2) It does not have webOS UI and the awesome Preware community.
    2) Real keyboard with universal search.
    also they stated that the OLED screen wash out the colors in the pixels more, which is odd because when I look at them they are very nice. Though I do love the htc pro 2 design, and would favor that form factor in a next up and coming Web OS device.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    use the Quote button at bottom of the post..... But of course, knowing so much about tech stuff I would thing you should know that


    true but we dont know everything, and I have no problem in asking if I dont know its how we learn.
  18. #158  
    Speaking of releasing the same phone with a slight bump in specs, that used to be Palm's huge problem. Motorola's too.

    Although I agree HTC does release similar phone upgrades(they did the same thing with WM), the newest ones are a bigger jump in specs. 2.2 is coming and the newer phones should be able to upgrade to that easily. Android isn't half baked anymore because they keep working on it to make it better.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #159  
    I was wondering what you meant by gray out!

    Thanks for taking back some of your comments.

    I used to run Mobile Shell, and now that you mention the 3 screens, I can understand your point now, I still think Android is too different to compare it to Mobile Shell though.

    As far as HTC making the same phone over and over again with bumped specs, that's how the tech industry works. Our PC's cpu have gotten faster and faster, we add more and more ram, our screens get bigger and better, what do you expect them to make? Look at the iPhone, it's a prime example, they barely changed the shape from the first model to the 3G, and didn't change anything shape wise for the 3GS. They didn't even increase the screen resolution so far, it's all the same, they just added a bit more power and a few more features in the OS.

    HTC is innovating a lot more by comparison. You don't want them reinventing the wheel with each phone, do you?
  20. #160  
    The only innovation I'll credit to HTC is form factor. If you're going to talk OS innovation, Nokia has done great things w/Maemo. If you're going to talk UI innovation, Palm wins.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions