View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

27 19.29%
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Don't be fooled 8MP does not mean a better camera, it is all the the supporting chipset. Just because the lens is 8MP capable, does not mean the hardware can support it.

It is a good sales tactic though. I am not sure this is the case, but do your research.

Also I am on Sprint and GPS turn-by-turn, voice nav. is included in my service.
    Played with the incredible at work today. I agree about your camera comments. Its nothing special. I actually like pictures taken from the Pre and iPhone better.
    I tke back my comment. I picked it up and it felt too light. Sure it's good to have a light phone but I felt too light considering how big it was. I also didn't like going back to an onsceen keyboard at all. I'm sure I would get used to it but there is nothinkg like a physical keyboard.
    Al the Incredible reviews are ..well...incredible...but I looked at both today and there is still something about palm pre plus that I like...can you sell me on why I might like it better....the battery life on incredible seems to be an issue as well..so perhaps there they are equal. thanks
    No need for us to sell you on it. Get it try it out if it is not for you then take it back and try the Incredible. You have 30 days to figure things out.
    In your heart you know what you really want.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post
    No need for us to sell you on it. Get it try it out if it is not for you then take it back and try the Incredible. You have 30 days to figure things out.
    Exactly. If someone has to sell it to you, usually that means you didn't want it in the first place. Try them both out and make up your own mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post

+1
    I just went from the pre to htc hero and now i just ordered another pre. It comes down to android sucks. It doesnt matter if the incredible or evo are super fast and come with everything. They are still all running android and will all work the same.
    I am in a similar boat. Time to upgrade to a new Verizon phone. The Pre Plus is such a great value at $50 vs the Droid or Incredible at $200. I am leaning towards Pre although I am concerned about the future support of Palm under HP.

positives:
    price
    can be used as a mobile hotspot (now free)

negatives:
    future support
    not as many apps as Android OS

One thing I do what my phone to do is GPS although I have read that google maps doesn't work well on the Pre and I don't want to pay an extra $15 for VZW Navigator.
    well the palm pre has web os. That's why I like it better than any other phone. The user interface is so easy to use. It is so easy to navigate through my phone. If there was a more powerful device with web os, I will take it in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiholl5333 View Post
    Al the Incredible reviews are ..well...incredible...but I looked at both today and there is still something about palm pre plus that I like...can you sell me on why I might like it better....the battery life on incredible seems to be an issue as well..so perhaps there they are equal. thanks
    Well unlike everyone else, I'm going to save you that $35 restocking fee when you return the Incredible.

Hmm. Where to start. I'll first start off by telling you every single phone I've had in the past two years, and then let you know which one was my favorite.

Samsung Juke (Verizon Software)
    enV in orange (Verizon Software)
    enV 2 in black (Verizon Software)
    LG Voyager(Verizon Software)
    LG Dare (Verizon Software)
    Palm Treo 650 (Palm OS) (First ever smartphone for me! )
    Motorola Q (Windows Mobile 5.x)
    Motorola Q9c (Windows Mobile 6.1)
    Samsung Saga (Windows Mobile 6.1)
    Samsung i760 (Windows Mobile 6.1)
    HTC Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.1)
    iPhone 3G (iPhone 2.1.1 - 3.1)
    iPhone 3GS (iPhone 3.1)
    BlackBerry Curve2 (Blackberry OS 4.7)
    Motorola Droid (Android 2.0)
    HTC Incredible (Android 2.1)
    Palm Pre Plus (1.3.1-1.4.1.1)

So yeah, I've had almost all the major smartphones, and have used every mobile OS out there except for Symbian, and paid full retail for about half of those. I kept looking for a phone on Verizon with a real non-touch keyboard, a pretty good sized touch screen, multitasking, multitouch, for $100. Out of any phone I looked for, it was the Palm Pre Plus. Before the Palm Pre, my absolute favorite phone was my iPhone 3GS of course, mainly because of the wide array of 3D games. I soon got sick and tired of AT&T's crappy 3G, and switched back to Verizon a few months after the Droid came out, then I exchanged it when the Incredible came out, and I thought that the Incredible had nothing that extraordinary. It didn't have very good multitasking, you had no way to tell which apps were open without downloading a 3rd party app, the OS was pretty plain, I had so many problems staying on a phone call for more than 5 minutes, and there were absolutely no good 3D games on it, and I don't think there are any still. When I checked out the Palm Pre, I absolutely fell in love with it. The touch screen is beautiful, it's got tons of 3D games from big developers like EA and Gameloft, and the OS is incredible. Everybody has been complaining about the battery life, but I can for sure make it through an entire day. If not, I bought an extra battery that I always keep charged, in my pocket. I would definitely recommend trying out the Pre Plus first.

Also, install the 800Mhz patch if you do get it. It's available on this website, just search palm pre overclock up at the top. It makes the phone run a heck of a lot smoother, and I haven't experienced any battery life problems, or heat issues.
    One thing that draws me to the Pre Plus is the fact that with keyboard extended it feels more like a traditional flip phone when you talk on it...no a big thing I guess..mostly psychological I guess...anyone else like it for that reason???
    The question is how badly do you need/want impressive hardware paired with an OS that is sub-par? Try it out and see how much you can tolerate Android. How long can you hold your breath before you come up for air?
    Last edited by foosball; 05/01/2010 at 10:22 PM.
    the incredible has better hardware. it's faster too. try both phones out. i would get the incredible if i were in your shoes. im looking forward to the evo this summer.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Pre Plus pros: webOS, cheaper, better screen in sunlight, free mobile hot spot, universal search
    Pre Plus cons: no free navi, less amount of apps, less solid due to slider design

Incredible pros: Free navi, more apps, wow factor, build quality due to design, bigger screen
    Incredible cons, Android OS feels unfinished, poor visibility in sunlight, expensive

Both are great phones, both have their strengths. Pick the one YOU like better.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    incredible is nice but all the extra to me isnlt needed, it's just a phone and my pre is doing well.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gijello View Post
    I am in a similar boat. Time to upgrade to a new Verizon phone. The Pre Plus is such a great value at $50 vs the Droid or Incredible at $200. I am leaning towards Pre although I am concerned about the future support of Palm under HP.

positives:
    price
    can be used as a mobile hotspot (now free)

negatives:
    future support
    not as many apps as Android OS

One thing I do what my phone to do is GPS although I have read that google maps doesn't work well on the Pre and I don't want to pay an extra $15 for VZW Navigator.
    I actually feel the opposite about the future support of WebOS now that HP has bought Palm. Prior to the HP/Palm announcement WebOS's future was very questionable but HP has made it very clear that they want WebOS to continue to grow and move into different markets. Because of this I think WebOS will attract app developers who may have otherwise avoided WebOS since it was unclear whether it would be around in a year. Now, it has the backing of one of the largest technology companies in the world. Seems like good things are ahead for it.
    Things they both do, but the Pre does better:
    mobile hotspot
    global exchange contacts (synergy)
    multitask

Things the Incredible can't do:
    openssh (+rsync)
    touchstone

I tried the droid and made it 12 hrs before re-activating my pre. I haven't had to plug a mobile device into my computer to transfer podcasts and tv shows (or to backup) in 5 yrs - there's no way in hell I'm starting now. The options to get a solution working in Android is laughable currently.

Thing is, everyone's needs and wants are different. I work with a guy who won't use it partly because of the effeminate advertising that's been done. The rest of them don't have a clue what openssh or rsync are, or why they should care.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    I actually feel the opposite about the future support of WebOS now that HP has bought Palm. Prior to the HP/Palm announcement WebOS's future was very questionable but HP has made it very clear that they want WebOS to continue to grow and move into different markets. Because of this I think WebOS will attract app developers who may have otherwise avoided WebOS since it was unclear whether it would be around in a year. Now, it has the backing of one of the largest technology companies in the world. Seems like good things are ahead for it.
    Absolutely. HP has huge incentives for making webOS successful, and as much money, business acumen, manufacturing expertise, channels, and pretty much everything else as anyone has--probably more than most. Maybe even more than anyone else. Basically, mobile is strategic for everyone--Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, Nokia, HTC, HP, Lenovo, etc., etc.--and HP has just made its bet on webOS.

Palm will have more resources available to it now than it could have had even should the Pre have been a runaway success.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Went into the store to play with the Incredible and most of what has been posted previously is correct. The Incredible is fast and the hardware seems solid (you never really know until you live with it). But the interface is EXTREMELY clunky, and I kept trying to swipe away applications. The whole back button thing feel old after using the Pre.

If you have a Pre with good hardware (and depending on when you got it, that may be a big if) you are better off with what you have. You get the polish of a well designed OS and the 'hackability' that comes with the vibrant developer community supporting the Pre, if you like to tinker with your toys.

But ultimately, it depends on what your use of the device will be. So if there is a specific need that can only be met by the Incredible, then that may be the way to go. Otherwise, remember "the grass always look greener... "