View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

27 19.29%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Anyone want to here the iPhone user's opinion? Yeah, figured so. Well you're gonna get it anyhow:

Stick with the Pre.

1) You LOVE the Mobile hotspot feature.
    2) Unified inbox and IMAP Idle support. ("push" for you non-geeks)
    3) Wicked community behind Palm.
    4) You WILL get sick of killing tasks all the time to make your phone not suck.
    5) Android notifications are better than iPhone's, but not even close to WebOS's.
    6) Underdogs rule.

-n8
    Last edited by natrixgli; 04/27/2010 at 04:06 PM.
    As a former Pilot and Treo user (lover!) who is currently at the end of a BB contract, I've been looking for a reason to go back to Palm. Before hearing the news about HP, I had finally decided to go for the Droid Incredible being released tomorrow. As much as I love what I've seen of WebOS, there are a number of Android apps that address my numerous issues with BB and I just didn't want to invest time and money in an OS that may or may not be around by the end of the year. So...

Now I'm wondering if I should just go for the Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) knowing that Palm has a more secure future - OR - if I should stick to my plan of getting the Incredible tomorrow and swing back to Palm in two years when my new contract ends and things are really back on track for them (better hardware, more plentiful apps, etc.).

What would you do?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
    As a former Pilot and Treo user (lover!) who is currently at the end of a BB contract, I've been looking for a reason to go back to Palm. Before hearing the news about HP, I had finally decided to go for the Droid Incredible being released tomorrow. As much as I love what I've seen of WebOS, there are a number of Android apps that address my numerous issues with BB and I just didn't want to invest time and money in an OS that may or may not be around by the end of the year. So...

Now I'm wondering if I should just go for the Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) knowing that Palm has a more secure future - OR - if I should stick to my plan of getting the Incredible tomorrow and swing back to Palm in two years when my new contract ends and things are really back on track for them (better hardware, more plentiful apps, etc.).

What would you do?
    I wouldn't get a Pre Plus. I'd either wait for HP/Palm's next device (and hold onto your current device) or just get an Incredible and come back in two years.

Despite Palm's new situation, I don't think I would want to be stuck on almost a year old technology for two more years when something new from HP/Palm could be coming soon.
    I don't own any Palm devices, but a Moto Q9..lol. I have AT&T and my contract is up in a month and I won't pick up the Pre Plus because it's too old (for me) to hold onto for another two years. I'd rather just wait until the fall to see what Palm has (and Dell/MS/WP7 & Android).
    I think that Palm's product pipeline will remain as-is for the foreseeable future. I imagine we'll see an HP Slate running webOS before we'll see an HP smartphone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Thanks. Another reasons I'm jumping at any glimmer of hope for Palm and a reason to buy the Palm Pre Plus is bc it scares me to switch to a virtual keyboard! LOL! In the end, I think mastering a virtual keyboard is essential these days, so I might as well take the plunge. For this and the reasons you mentioned, I know the Incredible is the right choice for now. I just needed some moral support!

ETA - I'd be first in line for a WebOS slate!!!!!!
    And I really want that slate. I don't see HP throwing the Pre/WebOS out. This is most likely good news.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive

What would you do?
    Go with the Palm Pre, WebOS is already great and getting better with every update. Every OS has it's issues/bugs. I have used Blackberry, and Android both in the past 6 months and will not chnage back from my Pre Plus. My 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    Go with the Palm Pre, WebOS is already great and getting better with every update. Every OS has it's issues/bugs. I have used Blackberry, and Android both in the past 6 months and will not chnage back from my Pre Plus. My 2 cents.
    Plus with HP, Palm has the money to continue WebOS... It's only going to get better from here.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think that Palm's product pipeline will remain as-is for the foreseeable future. I imagine we'll see an HP Slate running webOS before we'll see an HP smartphone.
    I am waiting for the day.
    If the current Palm lineup doesn't interest you as much as the Incredible and you feel the need to upgrade within the next few months, go with the Incredible.
    Today's news means WebOS will be waiting for you to decide again later.
    I am on board with Palm no question. I think we're going to be in for a great run now with HP's resources.. I'm extremely excited for what's to come.

Plus I'll be damned if I'm switching to another phone and giving up the use of my three touchstones for 2 years and then switching back LOL If my Pre craps before the next device comes, I'll keep swapping it out
    Any device HP would have a direct input in would be many months away just to be conservative. Talking end of year at least.

Keep in mind that half of Palm's problem is a limp and tepid SDK that is stalling developer interest and serious app development (still no mic API more than 1 yr after webOS was announced, but it's coming).

At least now they have access to HP's billions in terms of funding for R&D into better design and hardware.

Now is HP going to abandon Win Mobile, which has been their staple since they swallowed up Compaq and their iPaq line, or arethey going in a dual O.S strategy?
    wait it out... i read somewhere that the roadmap is untouched so expect a new device in 3 months..
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 04/28/2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: i read it on engadget
    i would post this in the correct forum...
    regardless of the news I would have held out for Palm. The last time checked the Incredible runs Android and Android sucks. It's little more than a glorified version of the older Windows Mobile. While Google touts its openness lets see it for what it really is: a way to proliferate a mediocre smartphone OS with little to no ingenuity for the sake of having everyone use more and more Google software products, thereby increasing their ad revenue. I'm actually glad HTC didn't buy Palm. They would have fud it all up and ruined a perfectly good OS.
    Thanks. Another reasons I'm jumping at any glimmer of hope for Palm and a reason to buy the Palm Pre Plus is bc it scares me to switch to a virtual keyboard! LOL! In the end, I think mastering a virtual keyboard is essential these days, so I might as well take the plunge. For this and the reasons you mentioned, I know the Incredible is the right choice for now. I just needed some moral support!

ETA - I'd be first in line for a WebOS slate!!!!!!
    Well, I actually wasn't recommending that you buy the Incredible. My suggestion would be to wait for the next Palm device. With the support that webOS will be getting financially from HP, things will get very exciting much more quickly.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    wait it out... i read somewhere that the roadmap is untouched so expect a new device in 3 months..
    I'm sticking with my somewhat-crazy prediction that we'll get the next-gen device next month. Although, the buyout does give Palm some breathing room, so they could wait things out a bit.

I just don't know how I'm going to wait that long to get my next Palm device. According to Sprint, I can upgrade right now, and I'm chomping at the bit.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I would guess the acquisition would probably delay any plans Palm had for a new WebOS phone. So if you're counting on the next Pre you may be waiting a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    regardless of the news I would have held out for Palm. The last time checked the Incredible runs Android and Android sucks. It's little more than a glorified version of the older Windows Mobile. While Google touts its openness lets see it for what it really is: a way to proliferate a mediocre smartphone OS with little to no ingenuity for the sake of having everyone use more and more Google software products, thereby increasing their ad revenue. I'm actually glad HTC didn't buy Palm. They would have fud it all up and ruined a perfectly good OS.
    Speak for yourself in a vacuum. Android is better than WebOS in lots of areas. But hey, 'tis your opinion, mine is different.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I am just really stoked for iAd on the iPhone. That feature has me ready to triple my monthly cellphone bill and get whacked with an ETF.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast