View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

    18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

    84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

    11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

    27 19.29%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 496
  1. #41  
    I'm making the switch to the Incredible. I've had my palm pre plus for three weeks, and I absolutely love WebOS. However, I'm on my third device because they've all had hardware issues. I'm tired of going to Verizon and arguing with the staff :-/
  2. #42  
    Folks, you do know that you can tether with Android using an app called PDANet. It's not free, but it's available. No hacking or rooting involved.

    The site does mention wifi tethering in addition to BT and USB.

    PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android
  3. #43  
    My 2 cents:

    No brainer. I LOVE the PRE. I LOVE WebOS, and Im not really all that thrilled with Android. My son has an HTC Hero, and frankly I find the whole android OS cumbersum, not smooth, and overall underwhelming. The fact that it has 8 billion usless to me apps, is also not impressive.

    The Pre, with all the extras available, to me has been to date the best smartphone/ personal device I have ever had and Im sticking with it.

    I guess Im lucky too, I really have not had any hardware issues.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Folks, you do know that you can tether with Android using an app called PDANet. It's not free, but it's available. No hacking or rooting involved.

    The site does mention wifi tethering in addition to BT and USB.

    PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android
    You still would be required to tether via USB or BT when phone is using wifi or 3G. Since I have an iPad, those options will not work. Only wifi for now, so I will stick to the pre plus until next April as I have a one year contract, even though I can change my mind for another few weeks. I think I will wait to see what the 4G phones have to offer.
  5. #45  
    Seeing as the Evo has a tethering app built in, all it takes is time till someone ports it over to the Inc or an app comes out. Keep an eye out over the XDA folks.

    Time will tell. Still not enough to sway most against it.
  6. #46  
    You'll have to pry me Pre Plus from my cold dead hands...or give me a next gen Palm. When you look at apps, how many can there truly be, from a function standpoint, that aren't available now? The mic API release will close the one big hole that is left. I've tried the Android devices and don't see why people would prefer them unless they neede some niche app only available on it.

    No phone is perfect, so I don't go by that. As long as my phone is solid and reliable (been so far), and does what I need, then it's good enough. The next thing is the OS. WebOS has no peer. It's a joy to use and great for the things I need as well as entertainment. Why give up an experience you really enjoy for something not as good just because it currently has more fart, joke, media player, etc..., apps? In most cases, the number of apps is only affecting the variety of the same "type" of apps.

    Oh, tethering isn't the same as the WiFi hotspot. Tethering is for just one additional device, not 5.
  7. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    both check emails

    Correction, only the Palm Pre[Plus] does push email for ALL emails, and puts them in one app for easy reading, sorting and editing/replying.


    With the Android, you need one app for Exchange, and Android can only do ONE Exchange account. One app for GMail, which is push of course, and one app for all the other email accounts that can never be push.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Correction, only the Palm Pre[Plus] does push email for ALL emails, and puts them in one app for easy reading, sorting and editing/replying.


    With the Android, you need one app for Exchange, and Android can only do ONE Exchange account. One app for GMail, which is push of course, and one app for all the other email accounts that can never be push.

    Great post! Very informative and gives a great comparison instead of just saying "WebOS is intuitive and Android is cumbersome."

    I have a Sprint Pre and despite being on my third one I still love it. However, I've been keeping one eye on all this EVO 4G news and have been very intrigued. So OP, all those crazy specs are great but if the UI isn't as good of an experience then it might not be worth it.

    As far as I'm concerned though...if Palm would just announce a new WebOS device I'd be the first one in line for it. (Probably wouldn't be a very long line. lol).
  9. stephenjj's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #49  
    I was in the same decision mode last week. What sold me on the Pre over the Incredible was Verizon's free HotSpot deal. Just can't beat that, IMO it trumps all the other apps. The Incredible is fitted for mobile as well, but Verizon is charging an extra $30 a month for it. Free beats $30 a month.

    Otherwise i would have chosen the Incredible.
  10. simbany1's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #50  
    Thanks for the posts. I'm most likely sticking with the Pre Plus. How do I know this? Because I love it, but my personality is the type where I'm always looking for the latest and greatest. This time though, I landed on the Pre Plus and WebOS and it's just flat out the best OS that I've used so far. I also know that I'm most likely sticking with the Pre Plus because I just bought about 25 bucks worth of games from the App Catalog and bought another Touchstone for the office. Makes me believe that even though there's a cool phone coming out, my real love is for the Pre Plus. Kind of shocking myself that I'm not even going to order it to check it out for 30 days. My wife is even more surprised....she knows me too well and realizes that I might have finally found my true love....lol. It only took about 7 years and countless phones. Better late than never.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Correction, only the Palm Pre[Plus] does push email for ALL emails, and puts them in one app for easy reading, sorting and editing/replying.


    With the Android, you need one app for Exchange, and Android can only do ONE Exchange account. One app for GMail, which is push of course, and one app for all the other email accounts that can never be push.
    Yes, but at the same time their Gmail is far superior, with threaded emails, labeling and archiving.

    So by choosing WebOS you give up the best mobile gmail experience, but gain a unified inbox with multiple exchange accounts. If you choose Android, you get the best mobile Gmail experience, can only do one exchange account and have to use an email client for gmail and one for exchange/imap. I am assuming Sense UI since that is what is one the incredible. HTC's email client does both exchange/imap in the same app.

    I, for example, only have one exchange account, that I rarely use, so android/sense is fine for me. My primary email is Gmail. In that world, Android's email setup makes more sense for me.

    It really depends on your needs. But at the end of the day, they both do e-mail and they both do it well.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  12. #52  
    For me, the free WiFi hotspot put me over the edge...saving $40/mo. on that alone made it worth it.
  13. #53  
    I am in the same boat. Keep going back and forth. My son is getting the Incredible on Thursday, I will play with his to see if I like it.

    The things that intrigue me about the Incredible that are driving me nuts about the Pre are:
    1) Built in GPS with turn by turn navigation
    2) Predictive text and auto correct available. I am getting better with the Pre keyboard, but I still get those darrrrnnn double letters.
    3) Larger screen
    4) Quicker responding hardware (have not yet installed the over clock homebrew on my Pre)
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    You'll have to pry me Pre Plus from my cold dead hands...or give me a next gen Palm. When you look at apps, how many can there truly be, from a function standpoint, that aren't available now? The mic API release will close the one big hole that is left. I've tried the Android devices and don't see why people would prefer them unless they neede some niche app only available on it.

    No phone is perfect, so I don't go by that. As long as my phone is solid and reliable (been so far), and does what I need, then it's good enough. The next thing is the OS. WebOS has no peer. It's a joy to use and great for the things I need as well as entertainment. Why give up an experience you really enjoy for something not as good just because it currently has more fart, joke, media player, etc..., apps? In most cases, the number of apps is only affecting the variety of the same "type" of apps.

    Oh, tethering isn't the same as the WiFi hotspot. Tethering is for just one additional device, not 5.
    Amen, amen, amen, especially regarding the mic api and where that'll take us. In addition to all of the other good points mentioned, there's the *form factor*; even with a seidio extended battery in mine, it looks and feels better than any other phone I've ever owned. I really love holding it and can manage everything one handed with ease! The Inc, the Evo, etc. are just too big for my needs and tastes.
  15. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Yes, but at the same time their Gmail is far superior, with threaded emails, labeling and archiving.

    Wow, you must never be home to need to do everything on your phone?

    I have a desktop that I use if I want to archive my emails. If I want a mobile desktop, that is what a laptop is for ::smile::

    Palm Pre[Plus] email does labeling iirc.
  16. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by mverhoef View Post
    The things that intrigue me about the Incredible that are driving me nuts about the Pre are:
    1) Built in GPS with turn by turn navigation
    Ya, sprint does that for free, so the GPS on the Palm Pre hardware is spot on.

    2) Predictive text and auto correct available. I am getting better with the
    3) Larger screen
    Never used any predictive text, it gets annoying for me. Yup the incredable has a bigger screen, I am not to fond of having my phone start to get close to an iPad in size.

    4) Quicker responding hardware (have not yet installed the over clock homebrew on my Pre)
    Install the SuperKernal, and the CPUScaler app, with maybe the HyperCard app, and you will see a whole new side of your palm.
  17. #57  
    I'll wait for an android that comes in a smaller package like the Pre. The current offerings are too bulky. I don't need to carry a mini netbook in my pants. I wont carry it. I know, cause I had one of those before.. gets left on the desk where it defeats the purpose of going mobile.
  18. #58  
    Im probbably going to make the switch
  19.    #59  
    I wasn't sure at first but I already pre-ordered mine and it should be here on wednesday or thursday. I did a poll on who would be switching or not a couple of weeks back. I think I'm gonna keep both devices, but the Droid will be the main device though.
  20. #60  
    I'm sorry to say that I returned the Pre and also canceled VZW. The signal in my home was not very good. I may check out the new iPhone in June.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions