View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

27 19.29%
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
    Yeah, but lets be real, how many people have a broken iPhone charging port?

None of my iPhone friends have one (to be fair i don't know how many of them use a dock though).

But your point is valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I agree Hobbz on some points.

Funny part on the touchstone though ,is its a cool tech thing but honestly, from my talk with "regular" people so many people just say "my iPhone has a dock though"

And honestly...they make a point. The touchstone is just a minimalistic dock charger at the end of the day.

I love the thing though.
    You haven't mounted the Touchstone in your vehicle, have you. Try it, and your opinion will change.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have actually been fortunate enough to use both the HTC Droid Incredible and the Palm Pre for the last couple of weeks. I originally got the Droid to use my smartphone and the Palm Pre to replace my MiFi, since the Palm Pre as a 3g Hotspot would cost less per month than the MiFi on my family plan (seems ridiculous).

The Incredible has a much, much nicer camera, by many orders of magnitude (they are not even comparable), has a nicer screen, faster processor, more apps, no lag, and easier customizability with widgets. The navigation program is also excellent, and the Google apps on the Incredible are far more developed than the Google apps on the Palm Pre.

However, I have really grown to love the Palm Pre. The form factor is beautiful, it feels comfortable to hold as a phone, reception is slightly better (based on actual RX Power numbers, not bars), the physical keyboard makes it possible to touch type, the UI is a little more intuitive and feels very "comfortable", 3g hotspot without hacking is a killer app, and the calendar, email, and contacts applications are gorgeous.

I ended giving the Incredible to my spouse and am now using the Palm Pre exclusively and love it.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I agree Hobbz on some points.

Funny part on the touchstone though ,is its a cool tech thing but honestly, from my talk with "regular" people so many people just say "my iPhone has a dock though"

And honestly...they make a point. The touchstone is just a minimalistic dock charger at the end of the day.

I love the thing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    You haven't mounted the Touchstone in your vehicle, have you. Try it, and your opinion will change.

Absolutely... I'm playing around with mounting one in my car, especially for road-trips. It's also very handy to have while traveling for various reasons, I always take one on my business trips. It's definitely not "minimalistic".

I do think he's over-emphasizing what I said in my post about the Touchstone. The Touchstone wasn't the heart of the story. It was simply a humorous end of the story. I spent most of the conversation with this guy about Homebrew.

The main point I was making was how the Pre's capabilities are not very well-known and it's a shame it's suffering from that lack of proper advertisement.
    I have a touchstone mounted in my car. I still plug the thing in via USB. If I could change the angle on the TS it'd be much more useful. Having to build up to get the right angle and not have the cable coming at a weird angle is a pain.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I have a touchstone mounted in my car. I still plug the thing in via USB. If I could change the angle on the TS it'd be much more useful. Having to build up to get the right angle and not have the cable coming at a weird angle is a pain.
    I have mine mounted on the front middle of my dash. Mazda CX-7. It sits perfectly right side up, but the usb does come out the top, so it's a bit awkward. However, a little work can hide it and make it look very slick. Nothing like running Sprint Nav while charging right on the touchstone. The thing is amazing!
    I still can't believe that Palm hasn't noticed this opportunity and cashed in on it. Everyone gets a car charger, and when you see the Touchstone in action, you'll never want to car charge any other way. Just spectacular. If I ever leave Palm and webOS, the TS will seriously be one of the feature I miss the most.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I have an iPod Touch and two Palm Pre's (wife and I)...once you get acoustomed to just plopping your device onto the puck...there's just no comparison to a "dock"....you really got to use the T/S to appreciate it.

If I replace my Pre with another non-palm device, the T/S will be one of the things I'll miss the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    UHMMMMMMMMMM........ yeah I don't even know how to respond to the bold part.

wait I have a response...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/

Main Page - WebOS Internals

Wow thanks!
    I'm not weird, it's called having a personality...I Speak Fluent Sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    i played w/ it at the verizon store as my girlfriend was switching from at&t to verizon to get the pre plus AND a better plan w/ her mom. i just hate the android OS. hard to navigate around on that touchscreen. palm's webos makes it easier to use for the average person.
    5 minute, playing in the store opinions are just useless. Playing around on a stock phone not customized to your needs does not allow for a valid comparison.

The lack of gvoice compatibility is now another big plus for Android. Carrier visual voicemail and google voice. You have two options compared to zero.
    Well, all those that think snapdragon is essential to their happiness... take a look at this article, and the mention of a CPU that "runs circles around" snapdragon and will soon be in phones... and notice what he says about Palm...

Nvidia CEO: Netbooks and Tablets to Meld, Hints at Tegra-Powered webOS Devices
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    5 minute, playing in the store opinions are just useless. Playing around on a stock phone not customized to your needs does not allow for a valid comparison.

The lack of gvoice compatibility is now another big plus for Android. Carrier visual voicemail and google voice. You have two options compared to zero.
    I use YouView with youmail.com so there is another choice for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, all those that think snapdragon is essential to their happiness... take a look at this article, and the mention of a CPU that "runs circles around" snapdragon and will soon be in phones... and notice what he says about Palm...

Nvidia CEO: Netbooks and Tablets to Meld, Hints at Tegra-Powered webOS Devices
    I actually think that the WebOS tablet that HP puts out later this year will be tegra 2. However, I think it will be another year before we see tegra 2 or OMAP 4 in cell phones.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    and it's free? and it has all my pre recorded outgoing messages, and my current phone number and a program on android if I migrate and so on.... no, not another choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I use YouView with youmail.com so there is another choice for you!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Don't know why you think the Slate in October will be webOS. The word was it wasn't going to be.

And agree on the cell phone side. Besides, who cares. Tegra 2 is potential, and the snapdragon phones are now. So we're not allowed to switch again? All my info is in the cloud thank or no thanks to palm. So what do I care? I'll take Evo now and revisit Palm down the road when the next device hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I actually think that the WebOS tablet that HP puts out later this year will be tegra 2. However, I think it will be another year before we see tegra 2 or OMAP 4 in cell phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    And a year from now all the other CPU platforms will have a next-generation out as well.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425