View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

    18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

    84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

    11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

    27 19.29%
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 496
  1. #381  
    I'm glad we have a place to discuss other phones, so I am equipped to refute the stupid things verizon stores tell my friends. I just wish we didn't have a new thread every time. I would like it if the mods allowed one thread per phone so the search engine would return fewer results.

    and some of them are just trolls, for sure. But I do like being able to get an honest review from someone that has put the time in to learning or using a different phone. That's why they have a cross platform area here.
  2. #382  
    i tried and Incredible. i'd get an EVO instead but i was very impressed. Android is very much good enough for me. Many of the "features" in webOS are not a big deal for me. I could live with an android phone.
  3. #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepore View Post
    You know.. personally if someone wants to babble about how all other phones are better is this really the place? If people want to know about droid or iphone they would goto the appropriate forum. Yes, the pre has its issues but so does any other phone I have ever owned. As far as I can tell the people at Palm listen and make available updates for thier customers, others do not, and we have an awesome crew here that makes patches available to further improve the OS.

    When is the last time you saw improvements to a PHONE come free of charge from the manufacturer and with improvements without having to buy another phone? NEVER, except here. Camara/video recorder comes to mind, etc.

    Personally, I just finished playing with my mothers iphone and my friends HTC HERO and am glad I own a Pre.
    I also think it's great that we have a "other phones" forum. Anyway, if we wanted to talk about comparing phones, if this was in the androidcentral forums they might tell us to go away and stop talking about webos there too.

    btw - both iphone OS and Android have free updates from manufacture's that greatly improve the performance of the phones too. Windows mobile has been doing that for a long time (granted there was a long waiting process between software upgrades - Read: YEARS). The Google G1 has had everything from 1.0-1.6. The mytouch started with 1.5, got 1.6, and now will officially get 2.1. The Hero and Moment should get 2.1 anyday now (probably will get delayed for another 2 yrs though...). The Droid started at 2.0 and now has 2.1. The Iphone 2g got that updates that 3G and 3GS got (most, but with a yr between each one). And beyond that, most Android phone, specifically HTC ones, have huge opensource development communities behind them too, just like precentral forums (because of xda-devs the G1 and the mytouch already unofficially have 2.1, as does the Hero, for example).

    I would lean in your direction though with the fact that it's nice that Palm has pushed out updates very frequently, which is a nice departure from other companies practice - though I'm not sure is that's what they will always do, or if they have been doing that because they are continuously trying to bring it up to pace in development with others (yes, it's very pretty, but feature wise there is still no access to camera or mic yet, for example).

    Please understand, I'm not a webos hater at all. I'm here, I have a webos phone and only a webos phone. My experience in android comes from months of use before, and in that I still use xda-developers quite a lot because my wife likes to mess with her Hero and I help her (her hero is far better than stock, just like our webos devices with patches and homebrew).

    Peace.
  4. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #384  
    I too will be jumping ship, Palm is over.
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    I too will be jumping ship, Palm is over.
    don't say that. people will think your a troll.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    I too will be jumping ship, Palm is over.
    I don't think anyone here said they were for sure jumping ship... and I'm sure Palm is most definitely not "over" especially after being bought out by HP. What many of us did say is that there's a possibility that we'd look into other phones if there aren't some impressive hardware changes from palm over the next few months. I'm not screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling". That just makes you look dumb.
    Last edited by schnoid; 05/12/2010 at 04:01 PM.
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    I too will be jumping ship, Palm is over.
    This guy is funny.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8. #388  
    this thread started out as an intelligent discussion from someone that spent some time using a phone, and sharing information back to fellow Pre users... It has digressed to trolling and panic-mongering. Why does that happen? Geesh.
  9. #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Try putting it in your back pocket and then sit down. The Nexxus One couldn't handle that, it would be interesting to see if the incredible can withstand that. Sime with the front pocket in a snug pair of jeans.

    See if you can snap the phone in half for your friend...
    Why would you want to sit on your phone??
  10. #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Why would you want to sit on your phone??
    Because the way the Pre is designed it can tolerate that sort of thing better than most slab phones: Nexus One Shouldn’t Go In Your Pocket | Android Phone Fans

    I know that are some that don't like the Pre hardware, but being safe in the pocket is something I consider an advantage... My response makes sense if you look at the post I was responding to...

    part of learning about the Incredible would be to see if it is durable, and see if it is comfortable in a pocket. If it doesn't go in pockets, some might might not want to carry it around or use a holster...
  11. weedalin's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    I too will be jumping ship, Palm is over.
    I don't know; there are currently tons and tons of diverse options to choose from in the technology market right now.
    It's a good time to be a tech consumer.
  12. #392  
    Palm might be over for PB, but they are hardly over. I'm not giving up the Pixi and Pre when I switch to the Evo. With wifi for the Pre and a 2nd line for the Pixi, I can keep them updated to see how things progress.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  13. TecMunky's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #393  
    If Palm comes out with a 4G pre, i would stick with palm. But i can't find any information that they are gonna do that. I will consider getting the EVO if they give me the full upgrade price and don't make me wait another year like their announcement says (22 months on one device for the full upgrade, according to the recent announcement).

    If I have to wait that long, maybe palm will come out with a 4G device.
  14. #394  
    really people I think Palm will release a phone for the summer, I believe what the sprint reps stated in orlando that was told to them. A bump in specs verison and a bigger screen etc. I think they will try and release it before the aquistion (07/31) to get something new on the market and by Web OS time to come up with new products with HP for 2011. Rubenstien already stated its business as usual until the acquistion, and stated they are working fast and furious on the new devices. I also believe they were already developing a tablet, thats the reason why HP rumors are having a slate 3 or 4Q this year with Webos running on it. So I'll be waiting for the next pre device, and looking at the EVO/incrediable they're great devices, but Android is just not for me sorry.
  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    really people I think Palm will release a phone for the summer, I believe what the sprint reps stated in orlando that was told to them. A bump in specs verison and a bigger screen etc. I think they will try and release it before the aquistion (07/31) to get something new on the market and by Web OS time to come up with new products with HP for 2011. Rubenstien already stated its business as usual until the acquistion, and stated they are working fast and furious on the new devices. I also believe they were already developing a tablet, thats the reason why HP rumors are having a slate 3 or 4Q this year with Webos running on it. So I'll be waiting for the next pre device, and looking at the EVO/incrediable they're great devices, but Android is just not for me sorry.
    wow, i like how positive you are. I wish I could be that optimistic about Palm, but unless they're trying to pull an apple and releasing the phone the day after they announce it, I don't see July or earlier a feasible release date. Trust me, I really hope you're right, but I'd be in complete shock if they did pull that off. I'll cross my fingers....
  16. #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    wow, i like how positive you are. I wish I could be that optimistic about Palm, but unless they're trying to pull an apple and releasing the phone the day after they announce it, I don't see July or earlier a feasible release date. Trust me, I really hope you're right, but I'd be in complete shock if they did pull that off. I'll cross my fingers....
    I say that just because their last big phones (the treo 755p, treo pro, and palm pre) surfaced there was little to know knowledge of these phones. Also palm is just now releasing the pre plus on AT&T this month, and cant spoil that launch, but they know as well as anyone that they need to get something to the market updated asap. It makes sense otherwise they would have to wait until HP's aquistion, sit down with them make plans about devices all while another 6 months has passed and people will have passed on WEB OS. HP/palm know they cant afford that at this point. WebOs is getting smaller and smaller, and if they wait another 6 months to release new hardware (phone not tablet) it will be way too hard to try and pry people from 2 year contracts at that point. IF my assumption is right, we should hear something about a new device in june, and talking about a july, or august the latest release. June I'm thinking to make people think about not only switching to the EVO (which will launch on 06/04) but the new iphone at that. To me that would be a very good plan, but of course these are all assumptions and we could very well wait until next year huh I hope the ladder.
  17. #397  
    I have read reviews on htc incredible. As it was predicted it has same battery or worse issues as pres. I have solved mine by getting sedio 2600. Love it. Don't have to worry about it dying on me when I need it most. I'm on my second pre plus due to gps issues(and yes same issues on new pre plus which did not supprise me), overheating issues ( it's fixed on this one) and battery was draining quickly on original pre plus. Second pre which is brand new holds charge longer, but I have not yet downloaded preware. My bros sprint pres is losing charge quickly too, believed to be one of homebrew patches. Anyway I would like to praise about pres plus screen, other devices like htc incredible, iphone both have low visability in direct sunlight. Not pre not even on lowest dim setting. Love it. Does anyone know the specific type of display used on pres?. Also I have played with htc incredible at verizon store. I'm not sure is it due to getting used to pres os but the first 10 min I found it difficult to work with. I guess it's because there weren't many youtube videos showing the ease of using android devices. Any thought?
  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    I have read reviews on htc incredible. As it was predicted it has same battery or worse issues as pres. I have solved mine by getting sedio 2600. Love it. Don't have to worry about it dying on me when I need it most. I'm on my second pre plus due to gps issues(and yes same issues on new pre plus which did not supprise me), overheating issues ( it's fixed on this one) and battery was draining quickly on original pre plus. Second pre which is brand new holds charge longer, but I have not yet downloaded preware. My bros sprint pres is losing charge quickly too, believed to be one of homebrew patches. Anyway I would like to praise about pres plus screen, other devices like htc incredible, iphone both have low visability in direct sunlight. Not pre not even on lowest dim setting. Love it. Does anyone know the specific type of display used on pres?. Also I have played with htc incredible at verizon store. I'm not sure is it due to getting used to pres os but the first 10 min I found it difficult to work with. I guess it's because there weren't many youtube videos showing the ease of using android devices. Any thought?
    Why would you start 2 identical threads with different titles?
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...es-screen.html
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  19. #399  
    [QUOTE=morrison0880;2451762]Why would you start 2 identical threads with different titles?
    [url]

    by mistake ... How can I remove one?
  20. #400  
    Can't. I just thought it was pretty funny. No worries. =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions