View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

27 19.29%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Really good question (sorry I just noticed your post). I may have to ask my friend to let me try it out again and test this out. I can definitely imagine that it may be too large to carry around in your front pocket. Seems thin though, so I'm thinking that might make up for the length.
    Try putting it in your back pocket and then sit down. The Nexxus One couldn't handle that, it would be interesting to see if the incredible can withstand that. Sime with the front pocket in a snug pair of jeans.

See if you can snap the phone in half for your friend...
    I admittedly have not yet tried the 800Mhz patch and have heard very good things about it but worry that it may make my phone extremely unstable. As it is my phone crashes more than it should and gets really REALLY hot. I've heard newer Pres have better build quality, and actually I'm getting mine replaced this week since I still have one of the original oreo/bad keyboard/faulty headset port Pres. I'm really hoping most of my issues will be solved and maybe running an 800Mhz patch on it will give me some patience to wait for something new from Palm.

Sorry if there was another relevant thread about the Incredible but all the threads I've seen lately are about the Evo4G and how great its going to be even though no one has any hands on experience with it. I feel that the incredible is the closest thing to the Evo4G that I can get my hands on and get an idea of things to come.

Side note: I'm gonna feel like a total ***** if I do end up switching to android cause I've gotten at least 5 or 6 people that I know of to buy a Pre because of what I've told them. Oops
    Thanks for the info. I really think you owe it to yourself to try the 800mhz kernel. Stability has really not been an issue. It's freaking amazing, and you will fall in love with WebOS all over again. Seriously, please promise you will install it right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Thanks for the info. I really think you owe it to yourself to try the 800mhz kernel. Stability has really not been an issue. It's freaking amazing, and you will fall in love with WebOS all over again. Seriously, please promise you will install it right now...
    hah, ok... for you I'll do it. There's no way sprint could know that I installed the patch if I remove it before I exchange the phone right?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Running my Pre at 800mhz I don't get much lag at all. I can only imagine how fast the new Pre will be with a faster CPU.

If I was leaning toward the Evo or an Incredible I would wait and see what Palm has up their sleeve first.
    Exactly what I'm doing. Waiting for the next big thing from Palm before I change...
    hah, ok... for you I'll do it. There's no way sprint could know that I installed the patch if I remove it before I exchange the phone right?
    Right. If you are concerned, just doctor before you give it to them. But, they don't look at them. If anything, they do a hard reset before they do anything else.

No way the dolts in their stores would even know what any of this means...

And there are something like 30,000 users with the kernels. Go read up on UberKernel and Govna...You can get them in Preware, and you will be amazed. Set it to 800mhz, and shut govna down (because it samples every 60 seconds, which will cause "lag" when scrolling some times...).

You will be astounded!
    The 800mhz kernel really enhances the webos experience. 1ghz will be amazing.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    ok, you guys are right... i broke down (peer pressure) and finally installed the 800Mhz patch (and put on the screen state setting) and yes, its pretty awesome. I'm worried my battery life will take a major dive but I guess I'll see. Still not quite as snappy as the incredible, but like you guys said, once a webos phone has a 1Ghz or better processor it'll be just as quick. Thanks everyone for giving me hope again.
    dont you think its unfair to compare a 600MHz phone to a 1GHz snapdragon? of course its gonna be faster.

just sayin...
    It sounds like the main thing that impressed you about the Incredible is the speed, so why not just wait a bit longer for whatever new Palm device comes out-- it's a pretty good bet that it'll be just as speedy, too. Plus you can keep your gestures, cards, &c., that you love. Win-win.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    I would definitely like to wait for my next device to be WebOS, but like one reply asked, how long are we to wait? If we knew that an awesome phone was coming, in say, 6 months or so, I'd wait. But as there's not even a hint at anything coming any time soon and as my contract is up in 2 months, it's getting harder and harder to ignore the EVO.
    I'm not crazy about the very large size, as it may be a bit cumbersome to carry around around 24-7 like I do my Pre.
    My brother has had the Hero and the Moment and I gotta say, they're both very impressive. I don't really have anything bad to say about Android and am in fact very impressed. Especially when it's dressed in HTC Sense UI, which was very sleek and easy to use.
    I think that if Palm doesn't throw us a bone pretty soon (as in weeks), then the bulk of the EVO users will wind up being ex-Pre users. Let us hope for the best.
    The Saint
    good job! Battery life may actually get better because tasks are done quicker.

now don't you feel bad for being so easily tempted by that floozy Android?

well, dontcha?
    Good point. The wait is a killer, and some hint would indeed be nice. For what it's worth, I was in a RadioShack the other day and took a look at the dummy model HTC HD2 that they had on display. Unless I'm wrong, the HD2 and the Evo 4G are about the same size? Well, anyway, it seemed to me that the HD2 wasn't quite as big as I was lead to believe by reviews and pics on the internet.

What I'm saying is, you might be surprised when you finally get to try out an Evo-- it might not be as big and unwieldy as you're thinking. (Not that I'm encouraging you to jump ship! haha)
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    ok, but u gotta admit: We beat iphone. Prewared we beat em. i admit without the preware/webOs quick install the apple appstore would win me, but yeah. we manage to be cool without even breakin any laws.
    I like posts that say 'how long are supposed to wait' as if it is air or water, not a phone... How long must I be tortured and deprived? Every time a new model comes out, my old one stops working, apparently. Same thing with my car?

that's what causes us to buy stuff we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like...

seriously, this tendency to 'die if I have to wait one minute past my contract' is exactly how the iphone crowd is. ajobs introduces a 'magical' new device, and they all ditch the old one and run to the apple store like lemmings. Well, of course! How long could we expect them to wait insuffering with last year's model? That's just crazy talk. It's essential that you trade for something shinier right now!

really?

so, please make us a promise - if you upgrade your Pre, please donate it to the web-os internals team so they can use them for development. Okay?

when I was your age, we didn't have cell phones. We had dirt to play with, and we were thankful for that... Oh, wait...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/11/2010 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I also got to play with a friend's Incredible today. Very nice device, and yes, with the hardware, it's very fast. I'm still much happier with webOS, though; while the UI for the Incredible tries to mirror some of webOS' features (notably a cards-like swipe interface), it still does not multitask as seamlessly as does webOS. Additionally, there's still the glass keyboard to deal with; I much prefer a physical keyboard.

All I could think when playing with it, though, was, "Just imagine webOS on this level of hardware!"

Now that would be truly incredible. {Jonathan}
    The Incredible isn't trying to mirror webOS' features with the swiping. The swiping across screens has been on Android since the G1 came out in late 2008. If anything its just taking what was on Android before webos was around and making it smoother/more elegant (even though I preferred stock Android when I had one).
    Quote Originally Posted by elessarelfstar View Post
    The Incredible isn't trying to mirror webOS' features with the swiping. The swiping across screens has been on Android since the G1 came out in late 2008. If anything its just taking what was on Android before webos was around and making it smoother/more elegant (even though I preferred stock Android when I had one).
    lol even my wife's featureless LG Touch has swiping to scroll. It isn't multi-touch, ut it's swiping... Palm's innovation is using it to move etween open apps (kind of like 3d scrolling in windows aero).
    I like posts that say 'how long are supposed to wait' as if it is air or water, not a phone... How lon must I e tortured and deprived? Every time a new model comes out, my old one stips working, apparently.

that's what causes us to buy stuff we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like...

seriously, this tendency to 'die if I have to wait one minute past my contract' is exactly how the iphone crowd is. ajobs introduces a 'magical' new device, and they all ditch the old one and run to the apple store like lemmings. Well, of course! How long could we expect them to wait insuffering with last year's model? That's just crazy talk. It's essential that you trade for something shinier right now!

really?

so, please make us a promise - if you upgrade your Pre, please donate it to the wen-os internals team so they can use them for development. Okay?

when I was your age, we didn't have cell phones. We had dirt to play with, and we were thankful for that... Oh, wait...
    first rule of fight club.... hahah..

seriously you're dramatic I bought the Pre cause I like Palm smartphones and i genuinely felt the Pre would be everything I wanted. Well, it was definitely MOST of what I wanted, but obviously 4 replacement Pres and many OS updates later, there's still issues. I know everything won't get fixed in Gen 2, but I figure any little bit will help. And yes I'm donating it, but I'm donating it to my mom... she gets all my old phones.
    lol even my wife's featureless LG Touch has swiping to scroll. It isn't multi-touch, ut it's swiping... Palm's innovation is using it to move etween open apps (kind of like 3d scrolling in windows aero).
    lol, but that's not what I'm talking about. You're referring to "swipe to scroll", as in lists and the web, etc, right? The other guy was talking about the 7 home screens and swiping back and forth (horizontally) through widgets and such. It seemed like he thought that it was an attempt to mirror webos' horizontal swiping between applications. I was merely pointing out that Android was in no way trying to mimic webos with that feature and that it had been around since late 2008, not mid 2010. Webos' swiping between cards, and Android's scrolling across a 3-7 "screen" wide home screen are two different animals, and two different inventions.
    yep I agree.
    You know.. personally if someone wants to babble about how all other phones are better is this really the place? If people want to know about droid or iphone they would goto the appropriate forum. Yes, the pre has its issues but so does any other phone I have ever owned. As far as I can tell the people at Palm listen and make available updates for thier customers, others do not, and we have an awesome crew here that makes patches available to further improve the OS.

When is the last time you saw improvements to a PHONE come free of charge from the manufacturer and with improvements without having to buy another phone? NEVER, except here. Camara/video recorder comes to mind, etc.

Personally, I just finished playing with my mothers iphone and my friends HTC HERO and am glad I own a Pre.