View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

27 19.29%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    It's quite clear you're making stuff up now. I used webOS for several months before switching, and it had its own share of issues. No OS is perfect and Android isn't, but you're just exaggerating and it's obvious you haven't used Android lately.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I've used Android devices since the first G1 in 2008, and crashes are very common, especially if you're using something other than the plainest-vanilla Android install.

Add OpenHome (or Sense UI) to the mix, and you're crashing on a regular basis.

The funniest ever crash I've seen is with the Samsung Behold II, which just starts vibrating for no reason and not stopping. You have to pull the battery to reset the phone when that happens.

Samsung blames Android for the problem.

If Android was the only option out there (or the options were Android and iPhone), I'd probably grin and bear Android's problems. But webOS is out there, and it's just a much nicer experience, and I've never experienced a webOS crash.
    Have you used 2.1 though. Thats like me saying I use webos 1.2 and it crashes like crazy. you need to update. and speaking of crashes my pixi crashes so much it doesn't make sense. I'm on my 3rd one because It crashes so much. And I've come to realized that its not the phone. Its the OS. before webos fans can bash android, webos need to get on its level first with speed and optimazation before they can say anything.
    Android 2.1 run much better on than 1.6, you lost all credibility brmiller1976.

Both android and Webos have more of a learning curve than iphone.. I wouldn't say ones much easier than the other- they are just different. My nontechie mom has the g1 and can use it fine.

My pre(stock no homebrew) has had the music stutter some and the phone lags occasionally or messes up ocasionally (seems to be when I am showing it off, lol)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    It's quite clear you're making stuff up now. I used webOS for several months before switching, and it had its own share of issues. No OS is perfect and Android isn't, but you're just exaggerating and it's obvious you haven't used Android lately.
    Yea it is obvious he hasn't used android in a while. I don't even know why I'm arguing with him. Most people here haven't even used android for more than 10 minutes and based there experiences on that 10 minutes they used it.
    wow this dabate is serious lol, my 2 cents though favors BR. Yes I am a pre owner, a previous G1, htc hero, and a iphone 3gs owner. I must say that it does just go by which experiance you like better, a Android OS or a Web OS. What Br is stating is correct I too have used the Incrediable, also the Nexus one (they are really the same beside the cam boost really) and I must say they are the same. Hear me out, because the point made about the new Web OS device will be the exact same argument as well. Thats why these type of post only causes issues with peoples preferences, nothing more nothing less. At the end of the day choose what you like, this is a Palm Web os whatever forum not a android though, and that being the case I see nothing wrong with a Web os user or someone who prefers Web OS to state if any changes to the competition in lite to make someone want to jump ship. If BR thinks that theres nothing new with the new current model of android, then I'm glad he shared that with this WEBOS community as I will, and support just that. If you disagree, then disagree don't bash Palm or Web OS because its supporters does not support, or like its competition. Lets grow up people.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Yea it is obvious he hasn't used android in a while. I don't even know why I'm arguing with him. Most people here haven't even used android for more than 10 minutes and based there experiences on that 10 minutes they used it.
    and this is a true statment, but it goes both ways because most people who hate WeboS, too have not really used those devices thats why we are all ******* for our paticular OS. I myself have used android OS in paticular and just prefer Web OS over it, it dosent mean its better in any way, its just my preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    and this is a true statment, but it goes both ways because most people who hate WeboS, too have not really used those devices thats why we are all ******* for our paticular OS.
    Well i dislike webos( right now at least) and I own a pixi. But for good reason. But after palm cleans up its mess, I will prabably like webos again if I haven't upgraded by then. And I understand what you mean with the vice versa thing.
    Just now I was in the App Catalog checking that new PDK game called "Smiles". I clicked on the Video to watch what it is all about and thought to myself, "look how nice and smooth this thing can run when it wants to". Well, maybe I shouldn't have thought that, because just after that thought went through my mind, my darling Pre gave me the virtual stinky finger in the form of yet another TMC error. All that was running was the App Catalog and YouTube.
    How long have you been running homebrew?
    I just stopped using a Samsung Behold II as a "daily driver" alongside my Pre a month ago.

The fact that Android reality does not fit Android fantasy doesn't mean that I don't know of what I speak. I am sure I've owned more typical Android handsets than the average Android acolyte has... it's part of my job.
    I just stopped using a Samsung Behold II as a "daily driver" alongside my Pre a month ago.

The fact that Android reality does not fit Android fantasy doesn't mean that I don't know of what I speak. I am sure I've owned more typical Android handsets than the average Android acolyte has... it's part of my job.
    And the Samsung behold uses 1.5 and the touchwiz ui is terrible. I mean TERRIBLE!!!
    TouchWiz sucks, which is why I "tweaked" the handset as Android people keep bragging you can do. It caused endless crashes and problems.

And 1.5 isn't significantly different in usability than the latest versions, as we've already discussed.
    TouchWiz sucks, which is why I "tweaked" the handset as Android people keep bragging you can do. It caused endless crashes and problems.

And 1.5 isn't significantly different in usability than the latest versions, as we've already discussed.
    You have other choices than that phone. It seems like most of the android phones you use suck, or is stuck on 1.5, or 1.6.

And like I said before 2.1 performs much better than previous versions and has upgrades in apps visually, performance, and feature wise.
    We'll see, when I get an Android 2.x device as a long-term tester. I can say that based on the couple hours I've had with 2.x devices to date, they look, feel and operate identically to earlier ones -- down to the basic interface and included apps.
    We'll see, when I get an Android 2.x device as a long-term tester. I can say that based on the couple hours I've had with 2.x devices to date, they look, feel and operate identically to earlier ones -- down to the basic interface and included apps.
    Look its obvious were not going to come to an agreement. So I will leave on this note. 2.1 has improved the speed and performance of android. There are many android device on the market which give people choice how they want there android phone. Android has many more features than webos and is selling alot better than webos. It has way more apps than webos and is getting more support than webos. Webos has not changed visiually much from the original viewing in january 2009. Wile android has when it was first released. When a device doesn't get 2.1 update its often the carriers fault.
    So you're saying you don't see any speed improvement over say an Eris or a Hero? Or are you comparing it to the Nexus 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So you're saying you don't see any speed improvement over say an Eris or a Hero? Or are you comparing it to the Nexus 1?
    i would Just stop, theres no point. It's becoming obvious that he has never used an android 2.1 phone/update.
    i would Just stop, theres no point. It's becoming obvious that he has never used an android 2.1 phone/update.
    Yeah I agree. I wrote so much already, my fingers hurt.
    I've used an Android 2.1 device for hours. Just not (yet) as a daily driver.

I just note that Android is always promising more than it delivers. When the G1 sucked, the myTouch was going to fix things. When the myTouch sucked, the Behold was going to change things. When the Behold sucked, the Hero was going to change things. When the Hero sucked, the Droid was going to change things. When the Droid sucked, the Incredible was going to change things.

Then there was Android itself. Every update was supposed to work better and fix problems I'd pointed out since day one, but most of the serious issues still exist, even through 2.1.

If the Incredible sucks, I'll be told that I don't know what I'm talking about and version 2.5 is shipping soon and I should root the phone and whatever!
    I've used an Android 2.1 device for hours. Just not (yet) as a daily driver.

I just note that Android is always promising more than it delivers. When the G1 sucked, the myTouch was going to fix things. When the myTouch sucked, the Behold was going to change things. When the Behold sucked, the Hero was going to change things. When the Hero sucked, the Droid was going to change things. When the Droid sucked, the Incredible was going to change things.

Then there was Android itself. Every update was supposed to work better and fix problems I'd pointed out since day one, but most of the serious issues still exist, even through 2.1.

If the Incredible sucks, I'll be told that I don't know what I'm talking about and version 2.5 is shipping soon and I should root the phone and whatever!
    you keep bring up devices that used 1.5, 1.6. Beside the droid, which is a damn good phone, and 2.0 was stable, and 2.1 made it even better.

I am telling you 2.1 is stable and makes the device quick with very little crashes.

And like IcerC said earlier, you lost all credibility when you said 2.1 wasn't a big jump from 1.6.