View Poll Results: Will you switch to a Droid Incredible?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!!

18 12.86%
  • Forget it! WebOS is the best!

84 60.00%
  • Maybe/Not sure

11 7.86%
  • I just like polls

27 19.29%
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    What do I want them to do? Deliver a significantly better experience with each revision.

Apple does. Palm does. Even the old Windows Mobile guys did.

Android is all about delivering the same experience on faster and faster hardware. NOT the same thing.
    2.1 is NOT the same as 1.5 and 6. Froyo 2.2 will be even better. They are NOT releasing the same version with different numbers, there actually ARE upgrades within the versions.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by electrical1213 View Post
    listen you not making any sense they are both android phones, but no way in hell the feel the same, maybe to you because i feel you hatting on android right now but give props to them, now i love the webos but i wish the wobos was as complete as the android is, lets be honest the only thing we got going right now is the way the webos multi-task and thats it.
    but multi tasking is the biggest thing i could not live without!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Are you kidding me? I mean what are you smoking? Apple does? Are you being serious? The iPhone is the guiltest of all about delivering the same experience over and over and over with a few features added that were supposed to be there to begin with. And Palm? Exact same thing! Are you blind in your love for webOS or your hatred for Android?

OMG, I can't believe you said that. And WinMO? Significantly better? What the hell dude.... WinMo was very highly customizable, yes, but that's to no thanks to Mircosoft. The experience between all WinMo devices was essentially the same, namely, crappy coz you had to use a little plastic stick to use the OS, that's not a pleasant experience, and it hardly changed! You had to look up the OS version number to tell the difference!

You my friend, need to take a closer look at what you're writing, because in my opinion, you're just plain ignorant.
    Yes, Apple gives us features that were on other phones, a little at a time, and calls it revolutionary.

The one revolutionary thing they did was get everyone away from resistive touchscreens and into a more finger friendly capacitive interface, I'll grant them that one.

WM also didn't change too much, except with 6.0+. But even then, people said 6.0 was too much like 5.0. I liked 6.0/1 though, and 6.5 seems to be the best to date. 7 will have no copy and paste at first, WHAT are they thinking???
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    but multi tasking is the biggest thing i could not live without!
    Android does multitask. Just not the same way webos shows it.
    went to verizon to see incredible...my impression was that it was similar to using any smartphone...but fast...dont like the vk only...but I am intriqued and may go play with it some more...nice camera...want to see if sound is better next time
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    went to verizon to see incredible...my impression was that it was similar to using any smartphone...but fast...dont like the vk only...but I am intriqued and may go play with it some more...nice camera...want to see if sound is better next time
    What's "vk"? Just curious. One thing I saw on the incredible and that I know the evo will have but palm is missing is visual voicemail, what a great feature!
    What's "vk"? Just curious. One thing I saw on the incredible and that I know the evo will have but palm is missing is visual voicemail, what a great feature!
    I believe virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    how can you compare the incredible to the hero? They run the same os (android 2.1 w/ sense) yes, but the hardware is night and day and makes all the difference in experience.

Following your same logic what's the difference of upgrading my old 450mhz pentium 4 windows machine to a new 2.8ghz i7 windows machine?

And your opinion is just that, an opinion. Entirely a subjective matter.

And saying you've got to "hand it to palm" … please elaborate. The last time i checked palm was on the verge of dying (and their future is still uncertain).
    guess you blind to say that about palm... When was the last time you actually went on palm website.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I believe virtual keyboard.
    Yep you're right, thanks!
    I keep seeing Android enthusiasts insist that 1.6 is MUCH different from, say, 2.1. In what sense? The only visible difference I can see is the animated "live wallpaper." Not a big difference, IMO.
    I keep seeing Android enthusiasts insist that 1.6 is MUCH different from, say, 2.1. In what sense? The only visible difference I can see is the animated "live wallpaper." Not a big difference, IMO.
    Well Its alot faster and more optimized. And 1.6 was faster than webos so i think thats enough to make webos people hush.
    It's not faster and more optimized from what I've seen. The few legacy devices that received a 2.1 update run much slower, from what I've observed.

That's part of Android's problem -- it says "of course it's better, it's 2.1 instead of 1.6!" But it cannot explain, concretely, what's changed for the better. Meanwhile, user experience is, well, exactly the same.
    It's not faster and more optimized from what I've seen. The few legacy devices that received a 2.1 update run much slower, from what I've observed.

That's part of Android's problem -- it says "of course it's better, it's 2.1 instead of 1.6!" But it cannot explain, concretely, what's changed for the better. Meanwhile, user experience is, well, exactly the same.
    Tell me what devices its slower on. Its faster on the hero, moment, eris, the new androids are super quick. So tell me which ones there slower on.

And what changes visually are you looking for. That's what android is. There are a few things like voice dailing that needs to be added but other than that It has most and more useful features than webos does. And what hase webos changed from since 1.0 to 1.4.1.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Tell me what devices its slower on. Its faster on the hero, moment, eris, the new androids are super quick. So tell me which ones there slower on.
    Actually, it's not available for the (Sprint) Hero or Moment.

I have seen it running on T-Mobile MyTouches and it's pokier than before. As for new hardware running the existing OS faster, that's not a super-huge surprise, right?

And what changes visually are you looking for.
    Usable interface.

Consistent interface.

Reliable application management.

Fixing the memory leak problem.

Consistent media management features.

Storage of applications in all available storage.

A stable system that doesn't crash. (Android crashes so often that one of the most popular apps is a "crash reporter" app that sends updates to the various developers informing them of times and causes of crashes).

Android feels like a senior-year computer science experiment to me. It needs a LOT of work to be usable.
    Actually, it's not available for the (Sprint) Hero or Moment.

I have seen it running on T-Mobile MyTouches and it's pokier than before. As for new hardware running the existing OS faster, that's not a super-huge surprise, right?

Usable interface.

Consistent interface.

Reliable application management.

Fixing the memory leak problem.

Consistent media management features.

Storage of applications in all available storage.

A stable system that doesn't crash. (Android crashes so often that one of the most popular apps is a "crash reporter" app that sends updates to the various developers informing them of times and causes of crashes).

Android feels like a senior-year computer science experiment to me. It needs a LOT of work to be usable.
    It is available for hero and moment if you install it for yourself. And the mytouch 3g doesn't have 2.1 yet.

Their is a usable interface. You would have to be an old grandma not to know how to use one

Consistent interface, what do you mean by that. If your talking about the skins on android that up to each company that makes the phone. Their is always a good phone with the vanilla skin.

As far as I know webos needs to fix the memory leak problem. You can barley run the music player and do something else without stutter. and with 2.1 memory leaks are greatly decreased.

Again what do you mean about consistent media management. Please go into more detail about it before I answer it.

The last one your correct about it. But the android team has already acknowledged that and said it will be fixed.
    Sorry, but I do usability for a living.

One of the things I did to test smartphones was give three loaner devices to my mother (the world's biggest technophobe).

She got the iPhone instantly.

She got the Pre after about 20 minutes.

She tried the Android device (a MyTouch) and didn't get it after an hour -- going back to the iPhone.

It's not a usable, consistent interface. It doesn't even have usability standards. It's a Frankenstein's monster of inconsistent user metaphors.

The constant crashes, freeze-ups, and screen artifacts when something goes wrong are just the icing on the cake.

As for webOS music player claims, I've never suffered stutter or other problems playing music and multitasking. But if I did, that would indeed be a usability issue, and I wouldn't excuse it by saying "but Android crashes all the time."
    Sorry, but I do usability for a living.

One of the things I did to test smartphones was give three loaner devices to my mother (the world's biggest technophobe).

She got the iPhone instantly.

She got the Pre after about 20 minutes.

She tried the Android device (a MyTouch) and didn't get it after an hour -- going back to the iPhone.

It's not a usable, consistent interface. It doesn't even have usability standards. It's a Frankenstein's monster of inconsistent user metaphors.

The constant crashes, freeze-ups, and screen artifacts when something goes wrong are just the icing on the cake.

As for webOS music player claims, I've never suffered stutter or other problems playing music and multitasking. But if I did, that would indeed be a usability issue, and I wouldn't excuse it by saying "but Android crashes all the time."
    You know whats crazy, People don't get my pixi at my school. They always ask me how to go back. Or why did the screen do this ( referring to the cards minimizing) People have a hard time using my phone because the lack of back, home, menu, and just guide buttons overall. They don't like the gesture area.

Now with my cousins g1 there's a different story people say its easy to use. Apps open and close just like an iphone. There is a back button to go back and a home button to go home. and open the menu tray to get to your apps.

These phones aren't marketed to mothers they are marketed to young people that like the latest and greatest. But if a mom was to get one, they have a better time with it because how easy it is to use it.
    brmiller1976, I've been using Android for about 7 months now and I'm a member of at least 7 Android forums and crashes are not a constant thing. It does happen once in a while and it's usually an app that force closes which does not take down the OS. Simply restarting the app is all that's needed. Currently 1 of my app force closes and it's because it's a beta: skyfire browser. I tolerate it because it can view flash videos and the benefit outweighs the negative. When it force closes, I simply restart it and I'm on my way. I get no FCs with my other 75 or so apps. If you search you will find people that complain about reboots and freezes but more often than not, they either have been modding and screwed up somewhere along the line, their upgrade didn't go smoothly or they're using a task killer that is causing more issues than it solves.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    youmail works great for Visual Voicemail.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I've used Android devices since the first G1 in 2008, and crashes are very common, especially if you're using something other than the plainest-vanilla Android install.

Add OpenHome (or Sense UI) to the mix, and you're crashing on a regular basis.

The funniest ever crash I've seen is with the Samsung Behold II, which just starts vibrating for no reason and not stopping. You have to pull the battery to reset the phone when that happens.

Samsung blames Android for the problem.

If Android was the only option out there (or the options were Android and iPhone), I'd probably grin and bear Android's problems. But webOS is out there, and it's just a much nicer experience, and I've never experienced a webOS crash.