1.    #1  
    I get to upgrade soon and have been wanting a pre since it came out, literally have looked at some info about it every day. But Im also wanting to make sure the phone I get I can live with/ it will still be good for another 2yrs. Also sprint customer

Im a sahm with not alot of technical info so go easy on me. My main focuses are calander, contacts, music, apps and I do like a qwerty keyboard but have never had just a touchscreen.

What did you compare the Pre with?
    ive looked at htc touch pro 2 or samsung intrepeid

What did you go with?

I upgrade in 39days if the Evo 4 comes out before then would it be a good comparison?

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Ok like I said before dont know alot about cell phones. Will the price of the touch pro go down when the evo is avaible?
    Quote Originally Posted by superterp03 View Post
    Ok like I said before dont know alot about cell phones. Will the price of the touch pro go down when the evo is avaible?
    It all depends on what you are looking for... qwerty keyboard plus awesome multitasking would go towards the pre/plus. I really don't know what to tell you about htc evo cuz I've never own or operate one. The choice is yours.... do more research on both phones.You know what you are looking for,hopefully you will make the right choice. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by superterp03 View Post
    I get to upgrade soon and have been wanting a pre since it came out, literally have looked at some info about it every day. But Im also wanting to make sure the phone I get I can live with/ it will still be good for another 2yrs. Also sprint customer

Im a sahm with not alot of technical info so go easy on me. My main focuses are calander, contacts, music, apps and I do like a qwerty keyboard but have never had just a touchscreen.

What did you compare the Pre with?
    ive looked at htc touch pro 2 or samsung intrepeid

What did you go with?

I upgrade in 39days if the Evo 4 comes out before then would it be a good comparison?

Thanks
    nobody does contacts and calendars as well as palm. Never have, never will. That's why I got my first palm pilot many years ago. That's why I keep coming ack to Palm phones. Get the Pre first. Return it in 3 weeks if you don't LOVE it.

I've converted 3 iphone users already.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    OK, I'm a Pre-noob. I have had my Pre for about a month now (actually, I've had 3 in just about a month now but more on that later). After using Palm products for about 10-12 years now, I loved the old Palm OS but continued to hang on long after its demise. My most recent incarnation of a Palm product was my trusted old Treo 680 (which still works great, even after being dropped on concrete and tile dozens of times).

I, too, have drooled over the WebOS since CES 2008. My son has been working on me, for a couple of years, to pick up an iPhone and join him drinking the Kool-aid. I have resisted. I cannot/will not use that virtual keyboard. I love my real (albeit small) qwerty board. I do not even like the iPhone GUI at all.

Enter the Pre. I will admit that the first Pre worked great and it was returned (as I learned later) due to human error. The second one had a glitch in it that prevented Sprint TV and GPS from working. Sprint ordered a replacement and, while waiting for the rep., I fixed everything with WebOSdoctor. The Sprint guy still replaced my phone anyway.

Now, I have had this Pre for 3 weeks and, despite the hardware flaws, would NEVER consider another OS. With the apps, homebrews and patches available here on PreCentral, I am quite content with what this toy can do. Sure, I am patiently awaiting a voice recorder and better video codec support but, all in all, this is the most fun anyone can have on a phone. It is easy to learn, looks beautiful and compact enough to carry in a pocket.

On the down side, the battery life is bad. I do keep my car charger with me all the time and put the phone on the charger at least once a day, sometimes 2-4 times. other than that, I would highly recommend that you take the leap and get the Pre.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    umm...
    There's obviously going to be bias here...

Let me tell you straight up.
    The Palm Pre is getting old. It was outdated in the first few months it came out.

I would get the HTC Evo or wait until Palm releases something new... Which could be wishful thinking.