Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First, I want to thank all the precentral members for their valuable assistance over the past 9.5 months. Your patches and apps have made keeping the pre worthwhile.

My company has just signed on to an AT&T unlimited business plan and so I've decided to join them and become an iPhone user.

My only real reason for buying the pre was that I had been a longtime Sprint user and the plan was unbeatable. Now, I get the best of both worlds...a very affordable unlimited plan and an iPhone.

Palm tried to make an impact and I do think webOS is a worthwhile platform. But, time and time again I've been disappointed with the pre (hardware issues, lack of apps, feezes, sluggishness, etc.)...it's time for me to move on.

I know all my dreams won't be satisfied with the iPhone, but, overall I believe it to be a superior product and Apple's future is solid. I can't say the same for Palm, or even Sprint for that matter.

I wish you all well and thank you again for your fixes. It made having the device much more enjoyable than Palm provided.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Okay, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the good-bye note, next time just leave quietly.

You only have 4 posts, so I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you probably never gave the Pre a fair shot. We have a very active community on P|C, I am glad they were able to help you.

Enjoy your iPhone, sounds like that is what you wanted anyway.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    later
    Good luck with ATT and iphone
    Get an unlocked Telcel Pre and use it with your AT&T sim
    by.. we will miss you and your 4 posts saying this is a laggy phone... good thing you never got a blackberry storm.. you would have written 1000k word essay on how horrible it was LoL
    Be prepared for dropped calls. When I bought my pre there was a guy in the verizon store switch from his iphone because he couldn't take the dropped calls anymore. I had nextel not long ago and had the same problem though, **** for coverage.
    Good riddance.
    I have to say I'm considering this move too but definitely don't want to for many reasons. Maybe this forum can help. For starters, maybe I'm just VERY slow but I can't even figure out how to post a new post so I just replied here. I have a very important question but maybe someone can share how to post from scratch (or by category) so I can do it the right way. Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    ...mean and hateful replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmblocker View Post
    ...mean and hateful replies.
    What are you, 4?

Why start a thread when you knew what the responses would be and then complain about it?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I just don't get the snide and defensive reactions thus far. If threads like this truly annoy you, why post in them to prolong their life and call attention to them? It's not like the OP is going to read your comments, think better of it, and then delete the thread.

Likewise, there's no need to bag on the device he chose. He already acknowledged it's not the perfect be-all, end-all device. Additionally, his primary decision was in changing carriers, not devices. But once he decided to move to AT&T, getting an iPhone is a natural and understandable device choice given their current smartphone lineup. This decision won't be as automatic once AT&T is carrying their full lineup of Android and WM7 devices, and hopefully WebOS will make a halfway decent splash too at some point.

But this reflexively dismissive reaction speaks more to the lack of decorum here than it does to anybody supposedly trolling or seeking attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbdavey View Post
    I have to say I'm considering this move too but definitely don't want to for many reasons. Maybe this forum can help. For starters, maybe I'm just VERY slow but I can't even figure out how to post a new post so I just replied here. I have a very important question but maybe someone can share how to post from scratch (or by category) so I can do it the right way. Thanks.
    Try clicking on the thread at the top of the board that says New Thread.
    Good luck, enjoy at&t crappy service.
    Wait until the new 4th gen iphone is released. that's looks to be a nice looking phone.

all depends where you live... but in s fla... never a dropped call and data speeds avg 1.5-2 mbps where i am.

see'ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbdavey View Post
    Everything you ever wanted to know about posting on PreCentral:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1828424
    Nobody cares
    --Marvin
    To me it would make absolutely no sense to get a new phone now until the newer phones are revealed ie new iphone, etc. To me it seems that buying a new phone instead of waiting till the end of the year would be a big mistake.
    I can understand palm not being solid but sprint seems fine to me.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast