Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Be prepared to be frustrated. I just bought an iPad because i wanted to see what all the iPhone rave was all about. I can tell you this. Its really really terrible and webOS is light years ahead of anything apple is doing.

webOS
    multi tasks
    shows your messages/notifications way way better
    has messengers built in, no launch an AIM app, then close it out if you want to hear pandora
    Pandora stays open, no backgrounder hacking needed

iPhone
    has a really cool display when you delete a mail
    has a really cool animated display when you open tabs
    looks better

I found nothing but frustration on the iPad. To somebody using an iphone though its awesome.. they never seen the light. Since you already have.. be prepared to be let down. 180k Plus apps to download.. but id say maybe 150 are unique.. the rest are copies of the 150 apps in some way or another..
    Quote Originally Posted by bmblocker View Post
    First, I want to thank all the precentral members for their valuable assistance over the past 9.5 months. Your patches and apps have made keeping the pre worthwhile.

My company has just signed on to an AT&T unlimited business plan and so I've decided to join them and become an iPhone user.

My only real reason for buying the pre was that I had been a longtime Sprint user and the plan was unbeatable. Now, I get the best of both worlds...a very affordable unlimited plan and an iPhone.

Palm tried to make an impact and I do think webOS is a worthwhile platform. But, time and time again I've been disappointed with the pre (hardware issues, lack of apps, feezes, sluggishness, etc.)...it's time for me to move on.

I know all my dreams won't be satisfied with the iPhone, but, overall I believe it to be a superior product and Apple's future is solid. I can't say the same for Palm, or even Sprint for that matter.

I wish you all well and thank you again for your fixes. It made having the device much more enjoyable than Palm provided.
    Good luck, you will enjoy the freedom of sim cards my friend, and depending on where you're at it can work great, (I'm in the Tampa area and at&t is the only one with reception in my house, haven't gotten any dropped calls except for this one spot in the middle of a bridge, and the data is REALLY fast).

I suggest though you either wait for the new iPhone or Pre Plus. You can buy a $20 go phone and stick a regular at&t sim card in it to use without signing a contract, then when those phones are out you can pick them up and sign a contract then.
    unfortunately, a year after release there is not a thriving ecosystem for webos. The only hope palm/webos has is that the pdk will lead to an explosion of epic proportion in the app catalog. Without it, we will all be going somewhere else. Premeir multitasking is useless without anything apps to run concurrently. I wish the guy who started this thread well and wished that people with rude posts would not bother posting. It really hurts the forums to fill it with tripe.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had an iPhone, and I switched to the Pre, trust me, he"ll be back....
    destroy this guy all you want...but if the IPhone 4G came to sprint/VZW a large portion of this board would switch and never look back
    The Iphone is a nice phone, but WebOS simply rocks. I don't care much for my phone's hardware, Palm needs to work on that, but WebOS simply rocks, and maybe I am biased but I am yet to see an OS with it's potential, certainly not Android, maybe Iphone OS once they figure out that mutlithreading isn't multitasking. But it looks like our friend here made a decision based on various factors, so good luck. I am sticking with the Pre and hoping Palm soon shows the world what WebOS is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    destroy this guy all you want...but if the IPhone 4G came to sprint/VZW a large portion of this board would switch and never look back
    I dont think many of the posts are "destroying this guy". They are discussing the pro/con of the devices and carriers. Since hes going to AT&T thats a fail to most people in the "carrier know". No matter how much AT&T tries to convince people otherwise.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Yep, I would drop the pre and get a iphone if I can keep my bill the same and stick with sprint. Sorry guys but the iphone has lots of apps that are interesting and pound for pound is a better phone than the pre.

End of the days it's about the apps bro, and the iphone has that.
    shazamm....soon my precious...soon
    First, I want to thank all the precentral members for their valuable assistance over the past 9.5 months. Your patches and apps have made keeping the pre worthwhile.

My company has just signed on to an AT&T unlimited business plan and so I've decided to join them and become an iPhone user.

My only real reason for buying the pre was that I had been a longtime Sprint user and the plan was unbeatable. Now, I get the best of both worlds...a very affordable unlimited plan and an iPhone.

Palm tried to make an impact and I do think webOS is a worthwhile platform. But, time and time again I've been disappointed with the pre (hardware issues, lack of apps, feezes, sluggishness, etc.)...it's time for me to move on.

I know all my dreams won't be satisfied with the iPhone, but, overall I believe it to be a superior product and Apple's future is solid. I can't say the same for Palm, or even Sprint for that matter.

I wish you all well and thank you again for your fixes. It made having the device much more enjoyable than Palm provided.

But but but.....We were just getting to know you!.....Oh well.....Sigh!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Why is it always about APPS? Who cares, they will come. Apple has had 3+ years to make apps, webos not even 1 yet. I would much rather have a phone that can handle multiple apps than to have a phone with 1000's of apps and can only have 1 at a time going. Seems kinda stupid to me. I can have, @ last count 18 apps open. My friend with his I phone 1, and he cant even surf the web AND listen to music.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    I dont think many of the posts are "destroying this guy". They are discussing the pro/con of the devices and carriers. Since hes going to AT&T thats a fail to most people in the "carrier know". No matter how much AT&T tries to convince people otherwise.
    Going to AT&T isn't a fail, it all depends on where you are and your circumstances. This guy will get an unlimited plan payed for by his employer, I think that's a win right there. Also he could actually *gasp* have better service with AT&T than sprint (I know, what a crazy idea that AT&T doesn't suck completely across america).

Where I live AT&T is great, my plan us cheaper than what it would be on sprint (student discount), and I get to enjoy sim cards (meaning when the pre plus comes out I can carry that and the iPhone and sim swap all I want and use the best of both worlds).
    Vick, you've obviously been a pre hater since they didn't fix the facebook app to your liking. That's fine, the fact that this guy (or gal) is leaving is fine. I may not stay with the pre forever either, but I guarantee you I will not come on here and say " Well the phone stinks, I just couldnt stand it anymore blah blah blah". I will just simply go to wherever forum I change too. It makes no sense to have 4 posts, (all complaints) and just make a post to say goodbye. It would make more sense to send a PM to the people that helped me accomplish what I HAVE been able to do with my phone.

In the end, if I go??? I will just fade away...............................
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant

well good luck to you, just make sure you have a landline to make and receive phone calls..
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't get it. Why don't you get an Android device instead?

Sprint is here to stay. I don't know about Palm.
    And Apple Iphone 4g? Whatever... Iphone's looking crappy with all these new Android phones out.
    Good luck. Try this.

http://www.tipb.com/
    i got that right my friend...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I just don't get the snide and defensive reactions thus far.
    Actually, I think these people are pretty smart to act this way towards anyone leaving the Pre. Think about it. When June rolls around then there will be a lot of people gladly ditching the Pre so by preemptively sending the message "If you leave Pre then we don't want to hear it because it hurts our feelings" then the board won't be flooded with people explaining "Why" they jumped to a competing product.

Ignorance is bliss and some people really really want to be happy.
    Have you seen Android on AT&T? Neutered is putting it lightly. Imagine a klunky stock Android phone with only a fraction of its capabilities and apps. Android + AT&T spells dismal failure.

Personally, the only thing Android has going for it is Sense. Even in 2.1 email sucks. Texting is just OK even with Handcent or Chomp. And the phone app is lackluster at best. Having to rely on 3rd party software to get a decent phone app is as bad as not having built in visual voicemail or a lack of Office editing. Every 3rd party app I've tried slows the phone down.

No IMAP folder support plus a crap phone app = no visual voicemail and Office editing.

I'm tired of apps. I want a smartphone that takes the phone and PIM seriously. 2nd I want Office support. 3rd I want good media and web capabilities. I could care less about apps if I don't have the first three. And all of these new OS's seem to care about the 3rd thing at the expense of the first thing, and Palm is just b*tt f*cking (pardon my french) stupid for hanging DataViz, one of their launch partners, out to dry when trying to get a fledgling OS up off the ground. OK, rant over. Can you tell I'm disappointed with Android and webOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I don't get it. Why don't you get an Android device instead?

Sprint is here to stay. I don't know about Palm.
    And Apple Iphone 4g? Whatever... Iphone's looking crappy with all these new Android phones out.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    With Palm in a tailspin, disappoinment with the poor Pre hardware and the lack of promised apps, and new Android models and the new iPhone coming out--I'm predicting most of us will switch soon...
    Interesting. You're probably right, but I can't see myself with any of those phones. I see myself going back to a dumb phone and a smaller bill instead of one of those phones. I like my e-mail and my text messages on the Pre, but I didn't really use it on previous phones. I know that with the dumb phone, I won't be willing to text, because I'm not willing to tap three times for letters etc. Having said all that, I'm also not willing to pay extra per month for a smart phone that I'm not interested in.

I know I haven't given the other smart phones a try, but they're big and I don't want a big phone. Thus, I'm not willing to try them.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast