Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Good luck, enjoy at&t crappy service.
    It's not crappy for everyone. I suppose like most services, it depends on where you live.

I have had ATT for about 13 years (through the various name changes and three metro areas) and have never experienced the dropped calls, even though I know for a fact people in other regions do.
    Let's say you are visiting a friend for an extended period. They invite you in and enjoy yourself except for the spring in the bed that poked you in the back all night. As you are leaving, you make a comment on how great it was to be in their company but the bed was aweful.

You then inform them that next time you are in town, you are going to stay at a hotel because the beds are better there. They freak out on you, and you are suprised?

Either way, I hope you enjoy your new phone. It is only a phone afterall.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by bmblocker View Post
    ...mean and hateful replies.
    it's a phone! Why are you compelled to say goodbye? Just go. Are you compelled to say goodbye on a car forum when you change cars? With your 4 or 5 posts we have to take you at face value. Do you know what word is used for people like you? Btw enjoy the iphone, it's a good phone when you actually have service. But my launch day pre is still better than ever.

goodbye
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    LOL sooooooooooooooooooo
    When you return to the forum with your new Palm Device remember to say Hello again. Hahahaha
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Even better, lets say you are Giligan and you decide not go sailing with the Skipper because of the debacle of a three hour tour...

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Enjoy your higher bill!
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    it's a phone! Why are you compelled to say goodbye? Just go. Are you compelled to say goodbye on a car forum when you change cars?
    Speaking for myself, I never felt compelled to say goodbye (although it was not really my Pre but my SOs, but since he is not too techy, I did a lot of the reading and tweaking on it for him).

But yeah, he finally bailed on it, after a few months and a few replacements. He just didn't have the desire to keep up with all the patching and downloads that appears to be necessary to keep the software working at par.

And in fact, via me, he was advised by a couple people here that he just wasn't smart enough for a Pre. Which he is not, I guess!

Too much work, but in the end, it was the quality of the phone itself that got him; too much down time, when what he really needs is just a reliable phone and text messenger - the rest was all nice-to-haves, not necessities.

(and of course, I got stuck reading here about the Amazing Phone Wars...)
    man all the hate for whats been a subpar user experience from palm. Who likes ****ty battery life, slow phones, and having to apply hacks? Phones should just work.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The rudeness on this board continues to amaze. There was no reason to be rude. The OP was THANKING this board! If your company did what he did you would probably make the same move. Some of you really need to grow up. Intelligent adults shouldn't talk to others this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    man all the hate for whats been a subpar user experience from palm. Who likes ****ty battery life, slow phones, and having to apply hacks? Phones should just work.
    How many smart phones have you used? From the From Android to WebOS everyone wants to hack their phone so that they can personalize it and make it their own. In its bare basics a cell phone is just a phone to make calls. Smart phones become mini computers, you show me one computer or any device that is perfect to all users all the time.

PS Also, unless you contributed to the group, do not expect fond farewells from a fan base of loyal users.
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    The rudeness on this board continues to amaze. There was no reason to be rude. The OP was THANKING this board! If your company did what he did you would probably make the same move. Some of you really need to grow up. Intelligent adults shouldn't talk to others this way.
    I reference my earlier post - Loving the people you are staying with and then dogging their house as you leave is not going to net you a fond goodbye.

Either way, I am glad when people find the phone/service that suites them. Good luck with your new service. You are welcome back anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    And that is why people Jailbreak their iPhones, because they just work. the way apple allows them to.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    How many smart phones have you used? From the From Android to WebOS everyone wants to hack their phone so that they can personalize it and make it their own. In its bare basics a cell phone is just a phone to make calls. Smart phones become mini computers, you show me one computer or any device that is perfect to all users all the time.

PS Also, unless you contributed to the group, do not expect fond farewells from a fan base of loyal users.
    Yes, we call them "feature phones", And I will never go back to one

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    fwiw i know someone whos company handed out iphones and they chose NOT to get one and instead expense the pre +... but this thread does amuse me... im pretty much a non believer in being tied to itunes for anything but if thats your thing enjoy it... and to someone elses point yes..the iphone is pretty much the worst "phone" there is.. and AT&T is dog slow vs sprint if you have good coverage. Other than that..enjoy. Probably at least have a few decent fart apps now.
    What a wussy. My company offered me a new iphone 3GS on their corporate plan and I turned it down.

Some of us have principles.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Speaking for myself, I never felt compelled to say goodbye (although it was not really my Pre but my SOs, but since he is not too techy, I did a lot of the reading and tweaking on it for him).

But yeah, he finally bailed on it, after a few months and a few replacements. He just didn't have the desire to keep up with all the patching and downloads that appears to be necessary to keep the software working at par.

And in fact, via me, he was advised by a couple people here that he just wasn't smart enough for a Pre. Which he is not, I guess!

Too much work, but in the end, it was the quality of the phone itself that got him; too much down time, when what he really needs is just a reliable phone and text messenger - the rest was all nice-to-haves, not necessities.

(and of course, I got stuck reading here about the Amazing Phone Wars...)
    Hehe there needs to be more women like you around.
    "Hi i'm leaving. But, time and time again I've been disappointed with the pre (hardware issues, lack of apps, feezes, sluggishness, etc.)...it's time for me to move on."

He voiced his opinion that that the phone disappointed him... gave a little f u on the way out.. thats where people get ticked.. Like i said earlier... good thing you didn't get a Blackberry Storm... you would have had a heart attack with the MAJOR hardware issues.. 100 times WORSE OS with memory leaks galore... AND a 60%+ Return RATE!!!

iPhone is made to be dummy proof for a reason... for the 'masses' and it's a great success because of that. In 9 months this phone has grown leaps and bounds.. took iPhone 3 years to get video and MMS, and Multitasking... just saying. Lemmings....
    *throws rotten apples at bmblocker*
    I ported over from at&holycraplookatmybill!!?? Way too many dropped calls and paid way too much for text plans etc. Was curious about the iphone but jumped to Sprint for the Pre and haven't looked back! Pay less for more...no brainer.

Obviously everybody has to do what they have to do for their own reasons. Lets not hate too much...it's just a phone afterall! I do have to say that I do EVERYTHING on this phone. It rocks!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast